Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872185 times)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The process is slowly going on.
Upd. 16.07.2017 - increased shoulder width.
Upd. 30.07.2017 - new patterns for soldiers and new beads.

Upd. 30.08.2017 - These sprites are not the latest version.
See more in Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:17:14 am by Vordak »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this usable now with latest LNP (43.05)?
If yes, any insctructions on mod features? Didn't play DF for a long while, so...

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It says it's for DF 43.03, idk what the changes between that and the current version but someone can easily fix those small issues, and it's just a tileset, no "mod" changes besides his visual/extra decor. Which probably cannot downgrade into another mod once you add those in your fort. But who would want to if they were playing with those 32x graphics?

Novurist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to have a preliminary test version of your dwarf graphics? I really like the details and work you put into it so far!

Hassanbot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi! This is a beautiful tileset, and I love it! I've got an issue however, where wooden doors stored in stockpiles display as black squares. Is this because there's no art for wooden doors yet, or is the problem on my side?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just check in the overrides.txt if I:DOOR:Door:# is set the same as B:DOOR:Door:#, there will be 2-3(1 for wood and one for metal doors at least)

Like in spacefox it has,

[OVERRIDE:186:B:DOOR:Door::3:197]#wood door
[OVERRIDE:186:I:DOOR:DOOR::3:197]#wood door
[OVERRIDE:240:B:DOOR:Door::3:198]#metal door
[OVERRIDE:240:I:DOOR:DOOR::3:198]#metal door

Just search for Door, it is not guaranteed to look like my example as the (3) will be different and could be the name of the override tileset instead. Main thing you are looking for is if there is a B(building) and I(item, so when it's moved or in the stockpile). If you got them both, well idk I feel like I've seen the issue before but idk at the moment what causes it, does it happen to all doors that are in the stockpile? or even some that are built? because that could be caused by how the image was made.

-A_Dwarven_Bard-

• Bay Watcher
  • *plays a tune on Melbul Ottenshikes, a pine lute*
    • View Profile

Vordak you are some sort of demigod. Your efforts can never recieve enough appreciation. I will name a god in your honour in every world I ever create.
*-A_Dwarven_Bard-* has organized a party at your house!
Dwarf Fortress: Our evil things are f*@$ing adorable.
Adorable F@#$ing evil things: Target Practice

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

what would i need to do to install this into the LNP43.03.r09?
the LNP only got a severly cut version of this.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All you need is the raw folder + the data art/init folder. It's only about 5-6 mb not the 50 mb dl, 140 or so unpacked this version has. Unless you mean Lnp is outdated? or is missing things from this version.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

nevermind - i found how to change the dfhack init etc so all the features i was missing now work.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, I used to play DF 34.11 with great Phoebus tileset. Now I want to play DF 43.xx, but it is outdated. This tileset is good too, but I want to play with advfort script for dfhack, and seems incompatible with TWBT. Is there a way to disable it? I downloaded the barebones version of this tileset, but text is glitched and unreadable. I also noticed that barebones init uses PRINT_MODE:TWBT.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PRINT_MODE:STANDARD will turn twbt off (or should? that or 2D), I think you can turn it off through dfhack? But a lot of the graphics are going to be missing if you don't use twbt with a graphics set which is mainly built for twbt. At least lots of stuff which is in the main tileset will be different. All that turning twbt off does is use one tileset(main one). Twbt is suppose to work with Adventure mode, so I if advfort is still being updated you could try asking in the twbt thread why it doesn't work with advfort.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ - 32x full graphic set for TWBT, civ-creatures and more.
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2017, 12:32:24 am »

This is an amazing, beautiful graphics set, made even more amazing by features such as support for changing seasons! :o

However, I really want to use this with DF 0.43.05.

Ignoring any new creatures or tiles that 43.05 has that 43.03 lacks, what would it take to manually update this to function with 43.05? Could I just download the barebones version and use that, perhaps using Winmerge to compare and update any files that need updating?

I took a look at the files in the download and there is a lot of extra stuff. And some of it depends on DFHack and TWBT...

...There's nothing wrong or especially unstable with DF 0.43.05 itself; the problem is just that tools like DFHack and Dwarf Therapist aren't available for it yet.

Fast forward almost 12 months... Aren't most of the tools like DFHack and Dwarf Therapist now available for 0.43.05?

Are there currently any plans to update this to 0.43.05? (Also, I noticed that version 1.4 did not have a barebones release or seperate versions for Linux or OSX...)

P.S.: Are there any plans to incorporate some TWBT Next features in a future release?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:28:08 am by Thundercraft »

YDraigAur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I registered so I could say thanks for this mod Meph and ask a question I can't seem to find an answer for. I am looking for the unit I'D of my hero in Adventure Mode with this tile set. I hit "v" to center and place the cursor over my dwarf. DFhack still won't give me an ID when queried. Am I doing it wrong?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used WinMerge to compare v1.4 files with DF vanilla files and I noticed a peculiar discrepancy. In vanilla, bulding_custom.txt (in /raw/objects) has these tags:

[BUILD_LABOR:SOAP_MAKER]
   [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]

But in Meph Tileset v1.4, bulding_custom.txt is missing the [BUILD_LABOR:SOAP_MAKER] tag. Was it omitted on purpose? Wouldn't this prevent the Soap Maker's Workshop from allowing workers to produce soap? (From the DF2014:Labor_token page, it looks like a required tag.)

I also noticed that the BUILD_KEY tag was changed to:

[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_P]

But, I figured the BUILD_KEY was changed to make room for the custom workshops you added in your building_meph.txt file. Could it be that you accidentally deleted the [BUILD_LABOR:SOAP_MAKER] line when you only meant to change the BUILD_KEY? If that's the case, it's understandable. Accidentally deleting the line immediately above what you're trying to edit is easy to do.

Edit:

I found another bug / typo. In item_tool.txt (in /raw/objects/), scroll down to ITEM_TOOL_NEST_BOX and:

Line 143 ; Reverted "[VALUE:255]10" back to: [VALUE:10]
Line 146 ; Changed "[TILE:8]" to: [TILE:255]8

(Likely, you were getting drowsy or bleary-eyed, which happens to all of us. ;) )

Using WinMerge to compare nearly everything, I think that I've isolated what needs to be changed to update to v0.43.05.

In creature_next_underground.txt (in /raw/objects/), scroll down to GORLAK and:
Line 2216 ; Deleted this line: [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES]
Line 2278 (or so) ; After "[EQUIPS]", added this line: [CANOPENDOORS]

In creature_standard.txt (in /raw/objects/), scroll down to KOBOLD and:
Line 1271 ; Changed (reduced agility) to: [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]

Optionally (no gameplay impact), you might also:

In init.txt (in /data/init/):
Line 46 ; Changed "As of May 2016," to: As of July 2016,
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:12:21 am by Thundercraft »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 187