Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870690 times)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will this also work with the latest 44.02 with DFHack and Twbt?
☼MASTERWORK☼

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving the new grass!

- Shane

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not yet. I have a version with raws for 44.02, but Twbt isnt finished yet for 44.02. It works, but only parts of it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not yet. I have a version with raws for 44.02, but Twbt isnt finished yet for 44.02. It works, but only parts of it.
Cool thanks for the update! Cant wait!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also if possible will you be making updated versions in the future that can also be used and included with the DF Starter Pack?
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I've already talked to Peridexis about it. He wants it in the pack, but only for 44.02. Not the old DF version, obviously. Since I make heavy use of TWBT, that might take a bit.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've already talked to Peridexis about it. He wants it in the pack, but only for 44.02. Not the old DF version, obviously. Since I make heavy use of TWBT, that might take a bit.

I understand it takes time and work. If possible it would be great to see your graphics in the 44.02 pack in the future!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

<<< ☼Download☼ - V1.6 for DF 43.05 - WINDOWS >>>
Comes pre-installed with df, dfhack and twbt.

Another huge update coming up. :) This one includes several new features and a vast improvement in overall noise reduction. Everything looks much cleaner, rocks and ore veins blend together, items have transparency, trees are finally interesting and more...

1. All trees now have their fitting flowers, pollen, seeds and fruits.

100+ Fruits, Nuts, Seeds and Flowers

2. Twbt-Next. Most items now show the tile that below them. Sounds simple, but it visually a massive change. It also allows them to use several extra colors. For example wooden handles of iron swords will always show as brown, the blade as grey, and the background taken from the tile below it. This is true for terrain features as well, for example spider-webs; and buildings, for example cages.

Transparency. Over 160 items are now shown with a transparent background.

3. Mining has never looked so clean. The same transparency can be used on inorganics. So I standardized the rock sprite, but made the unique features see-through. Now tiny veins of ore can be seen through the cracks in the rock, gem-stones appear without changing the rock color, etc.

Neutral ores, gems and rocks that seamlessly blend into each other.

4. Tree colors. I decided to change the color on the leaves for nearly each tree, making them either brighter/darker or less/more saturated than their neighbours. It gives a nice effect in forests and stops the different trees from all looking exactly the same.

All trees have slightly offset colors and show their pollen, seeds, flowers and fruits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This, in combination with season-palette, allows for a colorful change over the ingame year.
Spoiler: WARNING! Large image (click to show/hide)

5. Extra colors. Twbt allows to use more than just the 16 colors that DF offers, which means that bright-red rubies, fire opals, tourmalines, pyrope and zircons can be 5 different shades of bright-red.

I got the idea from Dragonmaster, who recently released a fantastic 16x tileset here. I've added his rendition of metal colors in this update, as a test-run.

More ingame colors than just the 16 standard DF colors.

6. Toned down sufrace clutter. I made the grass more uniform, with only minor changes between grass types. Ramps are simplified. Rocks and pebbles blend into the grass background, and all plants have been made a bit darker and 1/3 smaller. Tuber, roots and trunks blend into the grass, as if they were buried a bit.

Friendly surface without distractions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope you like the update. :) Please post screenshots and let me know if any issues arise. Next I'll work on more sprites for creature and corpses. I'm sure they can be improved quite a bit, especially for domestic war/hunt versions, which you see a lot more than any other animal ingame.

Cheers,
Meph
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:28:16 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I just made some new giant mushrooms... not sure about them though...

The point in the design is, that the giant mushrooms often get wedged in single-tile labyrinths in the caverns, not showing their mushroomy shape. So I made them more of a tangle of organic growth, which would hopefully fit both; the giant mushroom standing apart and the mushroom stuff growing down hallways.

So, more like a mushroom mycelium, than a traditional giant mushroom.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:30:56 pm by Meph »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

What do the tree droppings look like? Do contaminants have transparency yet?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tree droppings have no tile, but discolor the grass, just like in every other tileset/ascii. Can be cleaned with dfhack.

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, for dropping this into an existing game, which RAWs have been modified? Specifically I'm wondering about the Creature_Standard and Entity_Default.

Thanks for this, it looks fantastic!
   - Shane

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So, for dropping this into an existing game, which RAWs have been modified? Specifically I'm wondering about the Creature_Standard and Entity_Default.

- Shane
Tools, all plant files, all creature files, all inorganic files, descriptors... all raw/graphic files. Entity default only for the modded decoration workshops, which can't be added to a saved game.

Could you send me the save? I'll see what happens if updated.

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Shane
Tools, all plant files, all creature files, all inorganic files, descriptors... all raw/graphic files. Entity default only for the modded decoration workshops, which can't be added to a saved game.

Could you send me the save? I'll see what happens if updated.

Sure!..... How do I do that? Just PM you?

Oh, and the folder for the 44.02 Alpha is still named 43.05.

- Shane

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Post or send me the download link as you like. :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 187