Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878459 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.8 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 2nd January
« Reply #390 on: January 02, 2018, 08:56:41 am »

Oh yeah, and all the fish are done.

Fish/Aquatic - 100% done

Only a few mammals and animal men missing.

PS: I'm not sorry for the Narwal sprite.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 02, 2018, 09:05:59 am »

YES thank you! Are the fish sprites you just posted in the new update as well?
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #392 on: January 02, 2018, 09:14:24 am »

YES thank you! Are the fish sprites you just posted in the new update as well?
Sure.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 02, 2018, 11:11:30 am »

I'm having a small problem - the zone designations don't blink so when I try to set up a pasture zone on top of a plant gathering zone, I can't tell where the pasture boundaries are. I know the blinking was annoying but it was actually the only way I could set up pastures and food gathering in the same place. Think you could make them blink again, or at least change colour so I can tell where the smaller zones on top of the bigger one are?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #394 on: January 02, 2018, 02:48:29 pm »

Better?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2018, 03:12:44 pm »

First of all let me say that the changes in 1.8 are all I wished for and more!  :D

I uploaded an updated save of my game to DFFD.
Press Shift+H, I have named all the levels where there is a little more going on.

The new domestic animals look very nice and the caverns are awesome.

Minor issues I found in V1.8
Some corpses still show wrong tiles. You can find them right in front of the main entrance, next to the dog pasture and a few in the refuse stockpiles next to the volcano. (1 z-level below the surface)

The new gems look great, I love them. I haven't found all 8 of them, but one of the 3-4 gem tiles I have found has the color on a slightly shifted position and looks a bit weird:

The dralthas now have the same sprite for adults and children. But it's the sprite that doesn't fit the ingame description. They should have ecru skin and a yellow mane.

Oh and pedestals behave exactly like display cases. They get invisible after placing an item on them. (Tavern now has two pedestals with artifacts too)
Better?

Yes, much better!

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 02, 2018, 03:16:30 pm »

Better?

Much better <3

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #397 on: January 02, 2018, 03:53:04 pm »

I'll have a look through your save. :)

The gem color is not shifted, it's a glow. On purpose. The lights falls through them and throws a colored shadow on the rocks around them. Probably not the best idea. ^^

Draltha I didnt check, but it should be trivial to give them the correct color.

Still no idea about pedestals/display cases. None at all.

The corpses... ha, found it! They tricked me. They always use CREATURE_TILE, in 764 cases. In 3 cases, it's CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE. ^^ Dwarves, Elves and Human soldiers have their own special tile numbers. (curiously enough, Goblins and Kobolds don't have them). I tried overriding it, but it doesn't work, since they are intelligent units.

Corpses fixed. They were elf-corpses. Well done.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 02, 2018, 04:02:43 pm »

The gem color is not shifted, it's a glow. On purpose. The lights falls through them and throws a colored shadow on the rocks around them. Probably not the best idea. ^^
It looks good on the other gem tiles I've found, but on this particular one it looks a little bit off.

The corpses... ha, found it! They tricked me. They always use CREATURE_TILE, in 764 cases. In 3 cases, it's CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE. ^^ Dwarves, Elves and Human soldiers have their own special tile numbers. (curiously enough, Goblins and Kobolds don't have them). I tried overriding it, but it doesn't work, since they are intelligent units.

Corpses fixed. They were elf-corpses. Well done.
Great!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #399 on: January 03, 2018, 03:28:21 am »

Thanks to Kromtec and Mrok Girl, I turned my attention to zones, which I completely ignored so far... as well as ashes/broken ammo, which was around plenty in Komtecs save.

Traffic designations... fast, slow, restricted. Then activity zone, then selected activity zone.:

Constructions and channeling

Wagons and smoke:

Ashes and broken ammo:

And a redditor suggested something about the trade depot (unsure about that one... I like the iconic original design)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:09:09 am by Meph »

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 03, 2018, 04:28:25 am »

The zones and designations look awesome as do the broken ammo and ashes sprites!

Smoke/wagon tiles are fine but now they look a bit too solid for smoke/miasma.
It never bothered me with Phoebus:

But now looking at it after playing some time with this tileset it wasn't very coherent there either.

I'm not very fond of the trade depot, I think the original one looks more dwarfy.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 03, 2018, 05:39:28 am »

Zones and designations look great.

I too think that the "thick smoke" tiles look kinda too blocky. Personally, I'd rather tolerate borderless wagons - but then again, that might be just me.

I find the new Trade depot design quite interesting.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2018, 05:43:18 am »

My reasoning is this: Wagons will always exist in every fortress. People will see them. Smoke and miasma are optional.

Therefore a nicer wagon is more important than nicer miasma.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #403 on: January 03, 2018, 07:01:59 am »

Turns out that making proper child-graphics and undead-graphics is a lot of work.  ::)

Red X means that they don't exist ingame. Fairy and Pixie are vermin, the Sea Monster, Grimeling, Nightwing, Harpy, Foul Blendec, Blizzard Man and Bronze Colossus are mono-gendered races and don't have children.

About half of those are the last leftover of Obsidian Soul sprites, the rest I made myself.

The war/hunting dragon and rocs got some slight changes, like coloration, a saddle or a collar.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #404 on: January 03, 2018, 07:30:36 am »

Stripes make everything better, I like.

I also like the trade depot idea, but it needs tweaking, the market stalls look too much like chests to me.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 187