Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876475 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.8 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 2nd January
« Reply #435 on: January 04, 2018, 08:58:51 am »

Mrok Girl: open creature_standard.txt, find CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2 and replace it with :1. That's it. Corpses fixed.

I already fixed them in my dev version, that's why I was a bit confused.

Thanks!

Something else though, if you look at my previous screenshot the name 'Dwarf Fortress' on top of the screen is all black. As if only the background loaded? It makes reading some stuff tricky. The same happens when you go to the 'z' menu, the name of the fort looks like that too, all black. Is this intended?
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #436 on: January 04, 2018, 09:32:43 am »

That's hardcoded. DF uses only the background color for them, it's called inverted-tiles. They are a horror for any tileset-maker. Usually I just override them with TWBT, but that doesn't work in the text.

Unrelated to that, making undead fish was surprisingly fun. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:32 am »

Ah, gotcha :) I guess I'll just have to remember the name of my current fort xD

Those fishies are neat!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #438 on: January 04, 2018, 10:23:24 am »

Well, I can fix it, somehow... transparency, alpha-layer, stuff, thingies... but I don't know how that affects the look of the normal letters. tbh I'm not exactly sure how it works. Edit: Wait, no. I do. But it wont work, because the letters are embossed. :/

Solution: You can just use one of the more normal fonts that I include.

Small_mammals_new.png:

Insects and their zombified counterparts.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:33:38 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 04, 2018, 11:51:19 am »

Eep those insects are creepy!

BTW I just built some glass workshops and they require architecture now. I don't recall them needing that earlier. Was that a recent change?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #440 on: January 04, 2018, 11:53:19 am »

Eep those insects are creepy!

BTW I just built some glass workshops and they require architecture now. I don't recall them needing that earlier. Was that a recent change?
I don't change anything in the raws. This is not a mod.

All furnaces have always required architecture.

...and creature_mountain_new.png

Edit: And lets add a playing-make-believe/storytelling/reciting-poetry icon to the mix. First one.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:26:41 pm by Meph »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 04, 2018, 01:24:56 pm »

It was supposed to be some kind of bearman - muzzle is not like, It resembles a rat).
Spoiler: Bearman (click to show/hide)
you could put the ears more to the top of the head and make them appear less behind the head. that could make them look more like bears than rats.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 04, 2018, 02:34:56 pm »

When a dwarf reads a book in the library it flashes with this basin sprite and sometimes with the pedestal sprite.

All the animals look really cool btw. I'm tempted to try an ocean embark with the next version.

Archmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • Carpe Pastam
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 04, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

Just wanted to thank you, Meph, for sharing your fantastic work!

After thinking nothing would ever get me away from Phoebus, I just spent a couple of very enjoyable hours with Meph 44_03--not sure if I can go back now! :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #444 on: January 04, 2018, 03:49:11 pm »

Mrok Girl, thanks for the hint with the track stops:

And Kromtec, people reading books now show a book:

:)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 04, 2018, 04:36:58 pm »

Edit: And lets add a playing-make-believe/storytelling/reciting-poetry icon to the mix. First one.

What do you think of a theatre mask in the bubble?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mrok Girl, thanks for the hint with the track stops:

And Kromtec, people reading books now show a book:

:)
Nice!

I uploaded an updated save where my fortress is now the mountainhome.
F4 are the chambers of the queen and F5 is a library. Maybe it helps you with testing.

The pedestal in the throne room has an artifact crown and shows no sprite like the pedestals in the tavern previously.
The pedestals on the right in bed and dining room have artifact clothing on them and show a sprite!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:08:07 pm by Kromtec »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #446 on: January 04, 2018, 05:28:46 pm »

I'm having a look at your save. It must be a twbt bug. It has the same output in the print-twbt-override script, both items use overrides, both items use transparencies, and both pedestals are of the same quality/material.

If you press "c" to stop displaying it, you see the crown. If you put it back on display, you see the crown, till you move the view once. As soon as twbt/df has to redraw the tiles, the crown turns invisible.

At this point I'm sure that it's something only Mifki himself can fix.

Oh, but the Dralthas on your front porch are yellow-maned now. ;)

No idea why I didn't think of the tragedy/comedy masks... after all I picked them for the Therapist poet profession icon. ^^ Guess one fits better for "telling a story", the other is more fitting for "reciting poetry". I do like the masks more.

Edit: Oh, and people reading books show books... but people reading quires show pedestals. ;)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:32:33 pm by Meph »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #447 on: January 04, 2018, 06:11:05 pm »

I'm having a look at your save. It must be a twbt bug. It has the same output in the print-twbt-override script, both items use overrides, both items use transparencies, and both pedestals are of the same quality/material.

I disabled TWBT completely and still could not see the crown.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 04, 2018, 06:11:37 pm »

I uploaded an updated save where my fortress is now the mountainhome.
F4 are the chambers of the queen and F5 is a library. Maybe it helps you with testing.

The pedestal in the throne room has an artifact crown and shows no sprite like the pedestals in the tavern previously.
The pedestals on the right in bed and dining room have artifact clothing on them and show a sprite!

Those chambers look very royal :) Are the walls engraved or just smoothed?

And I like the little icons for reading/singing/poetry!

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 04, 2018, 06:53:56 pm »

If you press "c" to stop displaying it, you see the crown. If you put it back on display, you see the crown, till you move the view once. As soon as twbt/df has to redraw the tiles, the crown turns invisible.

I noticed some time ago that tiles seem to be "dragged around" when you move the view. It's an old bug (possibly already fixed, haven't played in a while) and i don't know if it's related, but it's for sure due to twbt.
In my varios cases were usually bridge tiles that changed to wall ones when moving the visual or farm plots dragging on black tiles.
Welcome back, btw. Awesome work with the tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 187