Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876504 times)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Meph,
I found a few strange things but haven't uploaded any pics yet let me know if you want to see some screen shots.

1. When looking a trade depot access it only shows solid Red and Green blocks, it does not show the letters to let you know if you have [W] Wagon and [D] Depot access.

2. Not sure if this is a game bug or related to the graphics pack but I am getting giant swarms of Flys that are never ending on my Embarks. They seem to be attracted to a large pile of different Plant food parts that are just randomly sitting on the map and are shown as a Farmed Plant tile.

3. This is just an inquiry and I wanted to know what you think. It could look really good if the workshops had there own floors like maybe a fixed color carpet (Like your Red carpets) and leave a little of the surface ground type showing underneath around the edges, or maybe a slight change of tint of the natural surface its built on, something that defines the workshop area more clearly.

4. is there anyway to make the stockpile graphics transparent so that you can tell there is a stockpile there but the surface soil underneath mostly shows through. I just think this may be more aesthetically pleasing.

5. not a big fan of the constructed walls having there own graphic. The graphics are really good though and I am not completely against the idea. I like to be able to build walls to match the ones that I have mined out. also it would be even better if constructed walls would blend in and properly connect into mined out walls. Is it also possible to engrave constructed walls somehow, this makes sense right?

6. Stone doors don't really seem to look like doors.

7. The engraver tile could be changed to something less busy looking like maybe just a transparent overlay of the engraved wall graphic until it is actually engraved. Some times the engraving status can sit there for some time before a dwarf actually gets around to it.

8. I like the Mason Workshop Vordak suggested :P
☼MASTERWORK☼

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

@Boltgun
I modded the race a little so it is not fireimmune ;-) they are now as orcs sirface living creatures that march into battle with steel and adamantium :-D orcs only ise steel. I wanted to make invading forces a little more interesting without making all lava based fun void. And I used a tileset for them that I found in of the mods here. If it was yours then THANK YOU for those :-D

Nice, Meph made the tileset. I am including the compatible set in a future release.

But you only see the engravers when you designate it, right?

The sand floor is already darker... still not high enough contrast?

I can't move the tile in the masons shop. Positions are hardcoded.

It's seeing dwarves where there is no dwarves that confuses me. Maybe I'm just used for designation to be abstract symbols. Plus if I test it with succubi it's extra odd, but I simply enjoy having an alternative with Vordak's variant.

Tried a new embark in a yellow desert, sand is looking good. I must have been having issues in an older version.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also played around with the stockpile tile and as I only build fortresses out of stone and all my floors are usually smoothed or constructed I came up with this tile:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
notice the faint image of a box engraved in the floor tile. I think it looks quite neat and isn't so prominent as the original stockpile tile.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

I also played around with the stockpile tile and as I only build fortresses out of stone and all my floors are usually smoothed or constructed I came up with this tile:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
notice the faint image of a box engraved in the floor tile. I think it looks quite neat and isn't so prominent as the original stockpile tile.

If you don't want stockpile background, have you tried "twbt hide_stockpiles 1"?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a twbt switch for this? Is there a list of all the hidden magic twbt allows somewhere? :D

No and actually I do like to have a tile for them do distinguish them from the normal floor tiles I just wanted to have something that fits more seemlessly into the normal smoothed floor. What would be great though is a possibility to have the stockpile tile automatically change its color to fit the background stone (so a dark gray on dark stone, yellow on orthoclase and so on)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:22:24 pm by Novaris »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you are using a version of Meph before 1.9.1, you will have to run the "twbt redraw_all 1" command before running "twbt hide_stockpiles 1". If you want the stockpiles to always be invisible in all your games, you can add it the commands to your "dfhack.init" file. If you only want stockpiles to be invisible in particular saves, you can add the commands to your /data/save/regionx/raw/onLoad.init file. And you might add the "twbt redraw_all 1" command before the "twbt hide_stockpiles 1" just to make sure that it gets put into redraw-everything mod first.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hi Meph,
I found a few strange things but haven't uploaded any pics yet let me know if you want to see some screen shots.

1. When looking a trade depot access it only shows solid Red and Green blocks, it does not show the letters to let you know if you have [W] Wagon and [D] Depot access.
Intended change.

2. Not sure if this is a game bug or related to the graphics pack but I am getting giant swarms of Flys that are never ending on my Embarks. They seem to be attracted to a large pile of different Plant food parts that are just randomly sitting on the map and are shown as a Farmed Plant tile.
I fixed that in my dev version. Microvermin swarms had too high cluster numbers. I changed everything back to vanilla df.

3. This is just an inquiry and I wanted to know what you think. It could look really good if the workshops had there own floors like maybe a fixed color carpet (Like your Red carpets) and leave a little of the surface ground type showing underneath around the edges, or maybe a slight change of tint of the natural surface its built on, something that defines the workshop area more clearly.
not possible

4. is there anyway to make the stockpile graphics transparent so that you can tell there is a stockpile there but the surface soil underneath mostly shows through. I just think this may be more aesthetically pleasing.
sure. just enter "twbt hide_stockpiles 1" into dfhack.

5. not a big fan of the constructed walls having there own graphic. The graphics are really good though and I am not completely against the idea. I like to be able to build walls to match the ones that I have mined out. also it would be even better if constructed walls would blend in and properly connect into mined out walls. Is it also possible to engrave constructed walls somehow, this makes sense right?
not possible.

6. Stone doors don't really seem to look like doors.
I think they look fine. It's up for interpretation of course ^^

7. The engraver tile could be changed to something less busy looking like maybe just a transparent overlay of the engraved wall graphic until it is actually engraved. Some times the engraving status can sit there for some time before a dwarf actually gets around to it.
Yeah, you are not the first to suggest it. I probably change it, especially since it has to fit both my dwarves and vordaks dwarves.

8. I like the Mason Workshop Vordak suggested :P
ok

Novaris: Please upload screenshots as .png. The jpg-compression makes everything blurry. But I'd be interested in seeing those alternate floor tiles.

I'm not sure if stockpiles support transparency, but I can in theory fiddle around a bit. I do like them as they are though, they give a very clear border between stockpile and not-stockpile.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you suggest a good upload-site? imgur always compresses my png's to jpg's :(

EDIT: I meanwhile put it on DFFD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:00:55 pm by Novaris »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph: Just trying to give some feedback and toss around ideas, don't worry I also like everything you are doing its awesome so far! Thanks for the reply and consideration :D
Novaris: Not bad but maybe a little more defined than that haha. maybe slight shade difference.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:05:59 pm by Hylum »
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I upload on imgur, they dont compress pngs.  ??? Maybe you can post just the one tile, in 32x32 px.

What is that in front of the bookcases? floor grate and... ?

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any way i can fix the Microvermin swarms in my current game for V1.91?
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm not sure how vermin token behave in already generated worlds. I'll upload v.1.92 today or tomorrow, it will have a fix.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I upload on imgur, they dont compress pngs.  ??? Maybe you can post just the one tile, in 32x32 px.

What is that in front of the bookcases? floor grate and... ?

...and an override error on my side :D i fixed it already. below the upload of the single tile

EDIT:
@Hylum:
Like this?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:10:21 pm by Novaris »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT:
@Hylum:
Like this?

That looks good, something like that would work for sure.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:29:36 pm by Hylum »
☼MASTERWORK☼

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how vermin token behave in already generated worlds. I'll upload v.1.92 today or tomorrow, it will have a fix.

Ok cool :D
☼MASTERWORK☼
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 187