Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872346 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 9th January
« Reply #660 on: January 11, 2018, 05:37:21 pm »

What is the difference between these floodgate tiles? Difference from material, like doors?

I'm not sure, but only the one on the left is used in Meph 2.0.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #661 on: January 11, 2018, 05:40:21 pm »

Vordak: Yes. Stone/Metal, Wood, Gem.

Hylum: More like Meph the brute-force-programmer-novice, but thank you. ;)

Jecowa: All three are used.
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:88:I:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16]
[OVERRIDE:88:B:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16]
[OVERRIDE:215:I:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16]
[OVERRIDE:215:B:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16]
[OVERRIDE:42:I:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16]
[OVERRIDE:42:B:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16]

Edit: Now that I look at this... I'm an idiot. I never changed the new-tile for the three versions.  ::)

Edit: Fixed version would look like this:
[OVERRIDE:88:I:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16] stone/metal
[OVERRIDE:88:B:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:183:16] stone/metal
[OVERRIDE:215:I:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:125:16] wood
[OVERRIDE:215:B:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:125:16] wood
[OVERRIDE:42:I:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:110:16] gem
[OVERRIDE:42:B:FLOODGATE:::_MDF_overrides_1:110:16] gem
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:43:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #662 on: January 11, 2018, 07:02:16 pm »

I'm done for today, added a few things here and there to the launcher: https://imgur.com/a/rQyf0
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 11, 2018, 07:54:27 pm »

Spoiler: Balancing and civs (click to show/hide)
DF is now an RTS game.

Kobold rush, kek
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:57:55 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 12, 2018, 01:19:29 pm »

Spoiler: Balancing and civs (click to show/hide)
DF is now an RTS game.

Kobold rush, kek

Haha its actually really cool what you have done here Meph, your added customization actually adds a bunch of new ways to play DF that I didn't consider before!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #665 on: January 12, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »

Been part of MasterworkDF for years. The launcher here is just a slimmed down and updated version of the mod launcher.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 12, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »

Been part of MasterworkDF for years. The launcher here is just a slimmed down and updated version of the mod launcher.

That's right, its just been a while since I have played with Masterworks, never adjusted those settings before.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #667 on: January 12, 2018, 05:35:21 pm »

Update!

This update adds three things.

1. A few more fixes. Floodgates for example; the Bookcase; the tracks on ramps; creature_temperate...
2. Improvements to the font. The inverted font (Fort name, active name in a list, etc) are now fully readable.
3. GUI - Tileset launcher with utilities.

Features:

- Includes all utilities that are in the LNP.

- Custom Init Editor.

- Settings for TWBT features and overrides, like workshop transparency, realcolors, constructed walls/floors.

- Toggles Vordak / Meph dwarves.

- Custom Worlgen Editor.

- Fortress Defense races. (DF is too easy, I know people love those)

- Custom balancing settings. (Earlier/later sieges or traders, extra combat skills for your dwarves or the invaders, or mixing it up with friendly goblins, trading kobolds and aggressive human sieges. Mix and match as you like.)

- All races playable. Since I made all the ~200 profession sprites for each race, why not use them. Embark as humans, elves, kobolds or goblins. (No mod content atm, purely vanilla DF settings for all those races.)

- Decorational workshops. Small mod-addition that doesn't change any balance, but gives access to about 250 extra sprites. Everything from lamps you can turn on/off, over custom pedestals, flags, signs, icons, floor and roof tiles, more statues, plants and grasses...

- Extra engravings. 2000 procedually generated descriptors for engravings, decorations and statues.

More screenshots:
Spoiler: civ tab (click to show/hide)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome :)

Will you also be updating to 44.04? That fixes the HFS not pathing properly to the fort to give everyone some Fun.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph is there an option for disabling Aquifers for new world Gens? I am not seeing anything.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Don't have the aquifer change in it yet. I wanted to add a "Balancing" tab, which does things like that. Aquifer, more tantrums, pickier nobles, that sort of thing.

Twbt for 44.04 is not out yet. I have to wait.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.1 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 12th January
« Reply #671 on: January 12, 2018, 07:52:35 pm »

Oh dear. Just tried to lauch your new DF without the launcher after copying my save from last version and replacing all the raw files in the save again, and I got a FATAL ERROR Missing Entity Definition. But nothing says what is the missing entity, not even DFHack.

stderr has these last two lines:
Invoking: sc-script add SC_WORLD_LOADED onLoad.init-example
UNKNOWN CLASS 'dfhack_lua_viewscreen@DFHack': vtable = 0x7ffd3daf8240

When I delete the new raws and bring back the previous ones, it loads up fine.

Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 13, 2018, 02:01:59 am »

I came back to DF after a long pause (again and again) and it is great to see, that you are still making new stuff, Meph. Great work! :)
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #673 on: January 13, 2018, 04:48:07 am »

Oh dear. Just tried to lauch your new DF without the launcher after copying my save from last version and replacing all the raw files in the save again, and I got a FATAL ERROR Missing Entity Definition. But nothing says what is the missing entity, not even DFHack.

stderr has these last two lines:
Invoking: sc-script add SC_WORLD_LOADED onLoad.init-example
UNKNOWN CLASS 'dfhack_lua_viewscreen@DFHack': vtable = 0x7ffd3daf8240

When I delete the new raws and bring back the previous ones, it loads up fine.
Yes. Not sure how I should say this, but not a big surprise, considering that the version with the launcher splits up entity_default into 6 files (1 for each race, 1 for cavern civs), and adds 12 new entitiy files (the fortress defense races). THIS version of the tileset is certainly modded and not save-compatible.

That's the reason I made the launcher myself in the first place, so that Perixedis, Jecowa and co don't have to worry about stuff like this in their packs. ^^

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 13, 2018, 08:52:18 am »

Yes. Not sure how I should say this, but not a big surprise, considering that the version with the launcher splits up entity_default into 6 files (1 for each race, 1 for cavern civs), and adds 12 new entitiy files (the fortress defense races). THIS version of the tileset is certainly modded and not save-compatible.

That's the reason I made the launcher myself in the first place, so that Perixedis, Jecowa and co don't have to worry about stuff like this in their packs. ^^

Will this tileset be consumed by masterwork or will a completely standalone (no launcher) vanilla tileset remain available?

I ask because its already got a couple of that I remove, workshops and grass and because I like to do some custom modding of my raws I don't want to have to dig though masterworks level raws to make my "standard" changes, no offense intended but I don't like masterwork at all and the launcher preview already has me worried with that invaders tab.
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 187