Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876458 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.1 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 12th January
« Reply #675 on: January 13, 2018, 09:40:48 am »

Vanilla download will stay. I'm surprised myself about the requests I got on Reddit. They want balance changes, standardized materials, etc.

The invaders are mostly in because they were already in the launcher when I ported it. No harm done, since they are disabled by default.

But what do you mean about the grasses? I only changed the depth of 3 grass entries, that doesn't do anything to save compatibility.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07:06 pm »

Hey Meph I'm not sure but I don't think you need LAA anymore, and I think perfect world is so far back that it no longer functions, unless someone started work on it in the last 6 months...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 13, 2018, 12:52:31 pm »

Somehow I don't like the change to the launcher approach. Until now it was easy to use and extend your DF version as it was mostly vanilla with  a few files added. Easy to find the differences and extend with creatures, entities and items. Now I first have to remove the stuff that is not vanilla or workshops and then add in the other mods/changes/extensions. Still, the tileset is worth the effort but it just got more complicated to fool around with it :D

Boochdizzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 13, 2018, 05:14:25 pm »

Meph, I just want to say that I'm really enjoying what you've done with this tileset and launcher, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It also seems to work a lot more smoothly and make more sense than the LNP does... which is weird since it's like 2 days old? Keep up the good work!

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 13, 2018, 05:16:49 pm »

I hate to have to regen a world but on the other hand it's about time anyway. Looking forward to 44.04 now that TWBT is updated.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 13, 2018, 05:39:30 pm »

It's probably it's possible to use a version 2.0 save in Meph 2.1. Use all the 2.0 /raw/objects/ files and only install "/raw/objects/plant_grasses.txt" from v2.1 into your save file.

And to continue using a pre-2.1 save in future versions of Meph, you would probably install everything from the updated /raw/objects/ folder into your save file except these files:
  • creature_standard.txt
  • entity_default.txt
  • body_fortress_defense.txt
  • creature_fortress_defense.txt
  • descriptor_shape_legends.txt
  • "entity_fd_" - (any file the begins with this string)
  • entity_good_dwarf.txt
  • entity_good_elf.txt
  • entity_good_human.txt
  • entity_savage_kobolds.txt
  • entity_slaver_goblin.txt
  • inorganic_fortress_defense.txt
  • interaction_fd.txt
  • reaction_fortress_defense.txt
  • reaction_GUI.txt

Shweebish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 13, 2018, 10:26:14 pm »

How do I use the lower resolutions?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 14, 2018, 12:50:06 am »

How do I use the lower resolutions?

Use the twbt tilesize command. I recommend one of these two tilesizes for use with Meph:

three-fourths wide:
(great for 1080p screens)
Code: [Select]
twbt tilesize 24 24
one-half wide:
(great for 720p displays and 1280- & 1366-pixel wide displays)
Code: [Select]
twbt tilesize 16 16

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 14, 2018, 05:26:52 am »

i had to copy in the "curses640x300" font and amnually change the resolution to 1280x960 for the menu to not take 70% of the screen, but now it looks amazing and is fun to play.
can you add options for mousequery etc. to the launcher?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 14, 2018, 05:51:33 am »

do some of the decoration-workshops actually cast light? can they keep my dorfs from becoming fully caveadapt?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 14, 2018, 06:28:20 am »

Vanilla download will stay. I'm surprised myself about the requests I got on Reddit. They want balance changes, standardized materials, etc.

Thank you for the assurance, I don't really care about balance nor do I like standardized materials.

The invaders are mostly in because they were already in the launcher when I ported it. No harm done, since they are disabled by default.

ah, okay that's less worrying.

But what do you mean about the grasses? I only changed the depth of 3 grass entries, that doesn't do anything to save compatibility.

I meant the moving grass, I like my raws as vanilla as possible because I have my own mods and the more that gets added with the tileset the more chance that I could break something because of what ties into it.

I already had to remake my mod to work with the tileset using the raws that came with it but every extra change to the raws adds to the chance of having to do it again, and again, but if no more extras are added I should just be able to copy my current modded raws into future releases like I've done before.
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 14, 2018, 03:51:15 pm »

Meph, I just want to say that I'm really enjoying what you've done with this tileset and launcher, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It also seems to work a lot more smoothly and make more sense than the LNP does... which is weird since it's like 2 days old? Keep up the good work!

+1 Great work so far Meph, Really enjoying the Launcher, no major issues yet in testing. Also I am having no problem modding the Raws which I do time to time.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #687 on: January 14, 2018, 04:04:10 pm »

Considering what I'm seeing here about people modifying the tileset raws and wanting to keep a completely unedited set of raws, I consider splitting this project into two. Tileset and Editor.

That gives me the freedom to change whatever is necessary for the optional features of the editor, without compromising save compatibility for those updating older saves or their own mods.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 14, 2018, 04:15:09 pm »

Hi Meph the game closes with no report when building carpet tiles and farm plots. Not sure whats causing this.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:57:12 pm by Hylum »
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #689 on: January 14, 2018, 04:40:18 pm »

I had that with farm plots. Novaris mentioned that it's a vanilla DF issue (?). I haven't changed farm plots or anything related to them at all since I first did the plants a year ago. Only thing is the transparency that Mifki added.

Carpet tiles are custom workshops, they shouldnt influence anything, at all.

Is it a repeatable problem on your end? Does it  happen every time?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 187