Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876502 times)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.1 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 12th January
« Reply #690 on: January 14, 2018, 04:59:45 pm »

I had that with farm plots. Novaris mentioned that it's a vanilla DF issue (?). I haven't changed farm plots or anything related to them at all since I first did the plants a year ago. Only thing is the transparency that Mifki added.

Carpet tiles are custom workshops, they shouldnt influence anything, at all.

Is it a repeatable problem on your end? Does it  happen every time?

Ok cool, the Carpet thing was the same as the farm plot for me, where the game just closes. I will see if its repeatable. I think its probably just a vanilla DF issue or my system. I have had this happen in the past. Just need to save often.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #691 on: January 14, 2018, 05:19:19 pm »

It's really important that I know about possible crash sources. If there is even the remote chance that it's a part of the tileset/overrides/twbt, I have to fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 14, 2018, 06:21:46 pm »

It's really important that I know about possible crash sources. If there is even the remote chance that it's a part of the tileset/overrides/twbt, I have to fix it.

It is repeatable but I cant say its part of the tileset. When I am placing the carpet tiles it will happen randomly maybe every 10 or so. Same thing happens with farm plots. Only happens with those 2 so far. Game just closes. See if anyone else can make this happen?
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #693 on: January 14, 2018, 07:01:52 pm »

try this: Type "twbt redraw_all 0" into the dfhack console; or permanent fix: Remove the line "twbt redraw_all 1" from the dfhack.init in the df folder.

Please repeat back to me if it works. I tried testing as good as I can, but it's a bit erratic. Sometimes it crashes when placing farm plots, carpets, etc, but other times I could place 100 of them with no issue. I only know that I could never get it to crash when I disabled the forced redraw mode of TWBT.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 15, 2018, 12:58:14 am »

had those random crashes when using 43.03 LNP with phoebus when placing bridges or constructed walls.
i hope it's not related to your pack.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #695 on: January 15, 2018, 04:33:42 am »

If you had it with the LNP and Phoebus, it's not my pack. ^^

Sounds like dfhack. Especially considering that they are across different releases, with different tilesets, from different downloads. My best guess would be a plugin that hasn't been updated/tested that ties in into building placement.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 15, 2018, 04:39:39 am »

Best guess is the material tweak that keeps preselcting the material when you build walls or other constructions. You can try disabling that tweak in the dfhack.ini. The crashes with the farming plot are really old (back in 0.40.24), and happened with spacefox, mayday and phoebus, but not with vanilla df without hack.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:44:35 am by Novaris »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #697 on: January 15, 2018, 04:45:28 am »

Neither farm plots nor the decorational workshops require any materials. It never goes to the selection screen in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:48:05 am by Meph »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 15, 2018, 06:32:01 am »

That doesn't necessarily mean that the dfhack plugin does not trie to do something. I was able to avoid crashes when irrigating farm plots by having all seeds very close or wall off the section while defining the farm using locked doors. But true, both do not require material, maybe that is the common issue here? We could try adding required products to your reactions (like a statue for the statue decoration, cloth for the carpet, weapons for the weapon racks...) and if the crashes still remain we have circeled our waggons around the issue.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 15, 2018, 10:57:24 am »

What is wrong with the dumping orders? I have several items marked for dumping and a few dwarves with nothing but refuse hauling enabled and yet nothing is being dumped. I think I had this problem in the previous versions of Mephs DF, but can't remember if I had it in different tilesets without DF Hack. Any ideas how to make it work? I have a werekangaroo body right next to the depot, it's bound to scare the traders :(
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #700 on: January 15, 2018, 11:28:57 am »

You probably didn't enable dwarves to gather refuse on the surface. Press o r o.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:06 am »

If you had it with the LNP and Phoebus, it's not my pack. ^^

Sounds like dfhack. Especially considering that they are across different releases, with different tilesets, from different downloads. My best guess would be a plugin that hasn't been updated/tested that ties in into building placement.
yes, i wanted to point out that i had this problem outside your pack :)
so it might be a problem with twbt and/or dfhack.

i haven't had any problems with your pack at all - except the need to start certain dfhack-plugins manually (until i find out how to make dfhack start them automatically (or you add them as options in the launcher) ).
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #702 on: January 15, 2018, 11:50:22 am »

What plugins do you want to start?

Could  you do me the favor and gen a world, use "twbt redraw_all 0" to disable that feature and try to crash your game using farm plots, carpets and the like? It would be nice to have a confirmation that this helps on another machine, not just on my end.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 15, 2018, 11:55:43 am »

I can confirm it helps.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 15, 2018, 11:58:55 am »

What plugins do you want to start?

Could  you do me the favor and gen a world, use "twbt redraw_all 0" to disable that feature and try to crash your game using farm plots, carpets and the like? It would be nice to have a confirmation that this helps on another machine, not just on my end.
i haven't had those crashes with your pack. i also delete older DF versions once i tested the newer versions, so i cannot even try to reproduce the errors i had about a year ago. sorry if i wrote misleading stuff earlier.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 187