Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872172 times)

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.1 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 12th January
« Reply #705 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:51 pm »

What plugins do you want to start?

Could  you do me the favor and gen a world, use "twbt redraw_all 0" to disable that feature and try to crash your game using farm plots, carpets and the like? It would be nice to have a confirmation that this helps on another machine, not just on my end.

Meph, i will try this later on today and let you know what happens. This crash doesn't have anything to do with your pack, I recall it happening now on occasion with PE Starter Pack and the previous version of DF. It would be nice though if we can solve this problem, seems like the whole community is experiencing the same thing. It is most likely a problem with DFHack.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #706 on: January 15, 2018, 01:42:55 pm »

Ok, lets see how it goes... ^^

I worked on some balancing changes... how about those? :)

That should give players a few options to make the game harder/easier as they like.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 15, 2018, 01:48:00 pm »

Very cool! Will you include some detailed descriptions when you mouse over so we know exactly what happens when enabled/disabled?
☼MASTERWORK☼

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 15, 2018, 01:52:42 pm »

Very cool! Will you include some detailed descriptions when you mouse over so we know exactly what happens when enabled/disabled?

Just what I was going to ask. Tool tips to give a little more detail would be nice. And maybe some documentation that details exactly what changes the options make to the game. Picky Nobles sounds fun.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 15, 2018, 02:17:49 pm »

You probably didn't enable dwarves to gather refuse on the surface. Press o r o.

ARGH no, I didn't T_T Thanks!
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 15, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »

I hope bleeding/pain are roughly equivalent to the deadlier combat/faster bleeding mod, those are good changes that keep combat from being a torture session. When we make a change will we still need to update save raws manually?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #711 on: January 15, 2018, 05:37:57 pm »

There is a mouse-over with details; I might also write a proper manual for it. Although in my experience people don't read it.

The bleeding and pain values are exactly the same as in averagebandits mod here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159427.msg7091728#msg7091728

Tooltip example: "witless dwarves: Halves all mental attributes of dwarves", or "picky nobles: Doubles all mandates and demands by your nobles. If a noble had none before, they can now make one demand/mandate extra."
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 15, 2018, 11:58:37 pm »

try this: Type "twbt redraw_all 0" into the dfhack console; or permanent fix: Remove the line "twbt redraw_all 1" from the dfhack.init in the df folder.

Please repeat back to me if it works. I tried testing as good as I can, but it's a bit erratic. Sometimes it crashes when placing farm plots, carpets, etc, but other times I could place 100 of them with no issue. I only know that I could never get it to crash when I disabled the forced redraw mode of TWBT.

Meph this fixed the problem no more freezing up.
☼MASTERWORK☼

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 16, 2018, 12:59:38 am »

You're awesome Meph thank you so much for this!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #714 on: January 16, 2018, 03:33:54 am »

Update!

Another update that combines three new additions. This time I concentrated on worldgen, the balancing options in the launcher, and stumbled over item_symbol for inorganics... so I made unique sprites for each type of rock/boulder.

1. Worldgens.

The pack now contains a duplicate of the normal worldgens, all with widers, open caverns and a few other small changes. The caverns help improve FPS, since the pathfinding is easier in open areas than in a maze.

I also included the MasterworkDF worldgens, which are based on themes. Starter-World has 10000 embark points, for beginners. There is a world with mostly good biomes; one with evil biomes; one volcano world; one desert world; and a mixed "everything world".

In addition to that I found three worldgens done by Deon: Westeros, Discworld and Middle-Earth. There are also included.

2. Balancing options.

There are 36 optional settings that make the game harder or easier now. Anything from half as many plants or metal bars being produced, to more crazy demands by nobles, but also kids that grow up twice as fast and downright cheating, like removing the need to eat, drink or sleep.

3. Boulder sprites.

There are normal rocks, ores, gems, gypsum-powder rocks, clays, flux-stones, coal-giving stones, sharp obsidian rock... most people don't have all of that in their heads, so now they can see it directly in their stockpiles. :)

I wish that I could do the same for gems; splitting them into different rarity/value, but it seems that IS_GEM always reverts to one tile, regardless of which item_symbol I use. Still, I think this improves the set a bit more. :)

I also disabled redraw_all by default, since that seems to have helped with the crashes. :)

The 44.04 update I skipped, since 44.05 is out already. Just waiting for TWBT. Once that is up, I will do an update to the launcher AND to the vanilla tileset version. Dont worry, I didnt forget about the people that want to keep that version up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:38:43 am by Meph »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.2 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 16th January
« Reply #715 on: January 16, 2018, 03:55:44 am »

Thank you for forking of a spearate branch for the launcher. I really appreciate it, this makes adapting your spriteset so much more convenient.
Can you also override the tile for molten armor or weapons? currently they are a basket with some metal sludge sitting on the ground which just doesn't really fit, a semi-molten breastplate or so just a puddle in the metal color would make more sense somehow...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #716 on: January 16, 2018, 04:01:41 am »

Can you post a screenshot? I actually havent seen molten items with this tileset. But I assume that they all share a tile atm.

dragonlotion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:20 am »

I don't have high hopes for this, but... is there a way to use ASCII during world gen? I love your tileset for everything else but I'm so used to the ASCII symbols on the map, and I'd rather not need a legend to read it. Keep up the great work, man, the tileset and the launcher are fantastic <3

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 16, 2018, 04:50:33 am »

Right on it.

yellow: molten silver, represented as "{silver}" when placing the cursor over it
blue: molten "{bismuth bronze}" or "{bronze}"
green: molten "{copper}"

(and yes I know the {} means forbidden :D I have yet to reclaim it and melt it down)

BTW: nice work on the forgotteb beasts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:02:31 am by Novaris »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #719 on: January 16, 2018, 05:01:01 am »

I don't have high hopes for this, but... is there a way to use ASCII during world gen? I love your tileset for everything else but I'm so used to the ASCII symbols on the map, and I'd rather not need a legend to read it. Keep up the great work, man, the tileset and the launcher are fantastic <3
That would be pretty simple to add. But either you'd have to keep playing with ascii text font in the menu; or after embarking you'd have to save, close, switch to a nicer font, open DF again.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 187