Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 871960 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.2 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 16th January
« Reply #720 on: January 16, 2018, 08:52:48 am »

Novaris: Found it.

247 ≈   Rough stone road or bridge, water, magma, snow, glob (fat/tallow), farm plot, furrowed soil, vomit, blood pools, sea foam, sand, various stones*

That's your molten bars. A glob. That's an item type, its not actually "a molten silver bar", but "a molten silver glob". So they all look the same, molten bars, globs of fat, globs of tallows... they wiki only lists the fat/tallow, which is why I made a bowl around it, since it belongs in the kitchen.

If I make you a graphic for molten bars, I will also change fat/tallow. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:31 am »

That would be ok for me, I could convince myself that butter also melts once it gets warm which may even look the same and anyways tallow and fat are always stored in barrels so you nearly never see them lying around.  Could I convince you to try your magic?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #722 on: January 16, 2018, 10:59:10 am »

Magic.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 16, 2018, 11:08:26 am »

Wuhu!

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 16, 2018, 11:18:25 am »

I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong but it only seems to happen to me when I use the tile set pack. I get an error when using the "expertlegends info" in df hack in legends mode. Trying to then import the exported files in worlds viewer results in errors.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #725 on: January 16, 2018, 12:35:45 pm »

I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong but it only seems to happen to me when I use the tile set pack. I get an error when using the "expertlegends info" in df hack in legends mode. Trying to then import the exported files in worlds viewer results in errors.

It's known and fixed in DFHack 0.44.04-alpha1
https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/NEWS-dev.html#dfhack-0-44-04-alpha1

It was a dfhack issue in 44.03, which is fixed in the new version. The fix will be in this set with the next update.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #726 on: January 16, 2018, 02:33:45 pm »

Foods have sub types... so far they had the same sprite, just with a +, ++ and +++ on it for the three meal types.

Now there are biscuits, stew and roast. :)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:46:18 pm by Meph »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 16, 2018, 03:09:04 pm »

Foods have sub types... so far they had the same sprite, just with a +, ++ and +++ on it for the three meal types.

Now there are biscuits, stew and roast. :)

This is great! Was just thinking about this yesterday!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #728 on: January 16, 2018, 05:05:51 pm »

I found a few more missing things... this is what I did so far:
 - Fixed earring transparency.
 - Added unique sprites for each food type.
 - Added unique sprite for frozen brooks.
 - Updated the workshop legend sheet.
 - Added "construction" sprite for unfinished workshop parts.
 - Added unique sprite for constructed ramps.
 - Added unique sprite for carved fortifications.
 - Added unique sprite for sheets.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 16, 2018, 06:37:38 pm »

I like those new food sprites and looking forward to sheets :)
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #730 on: January 17, 2018, 01:32:53 am »

The sheet sprite I already had, for a year or so... just not the fitting override. It's not in the readme of twbt, but the new print-twbt-override script allowed me to find the proper tags. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #731 on: January 17, 2018, 04:38:37 am »

I just had an inspiration.

Walls. No item or creature will ever be on the same tile as a wall. Walls are completely save from the bug that shows a wrong tile when two sprites are on the same tile, because they are freaking walls.

Walls have 20 different tiles.

I have 20 completely free tiles in the main tileset that I can use for overrides.

I could fix the "carried-item-looks-wrong" bug for 20 items.

Would be a lot of work (writing 20 overrides, changing 20 overrides, and moving 180 sprites across 6 tilesets. ^^), but it's possible.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 17, 2018, 04:56:39 am »

Is this print-twbt-ovveride an inherrent script of dfhack?

as for walls: cool idea :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #733 on: January 17, 2018, 05:26:10 am »

No, it's a custom script.

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.1 - 32x - 44.03 - Updated 12th January
« Reply #734 on: January 17, 2018, 07:26:52 am »

Considering what I'm seeing here about people modifying the tileset raws and wanting to keep a completely unedited set of raws, I consider splitting this project into two. Tileset and Editor.

That gives me the freedom to change whatever is necessary for the optional features of the editor, without compromising save compatibility for those updating older saves or their own mods.

That would be much appreciated, Thanks.
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 187