Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876498 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.3 - 32x - 44.05 - Updated 18th January
« Reply #810 on: January 21, 2018, 02:07:03 pm »

Nefarian, do you have any errorlog and/or modded your files in any way?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:28 pm »

Nefarian, do you have any errorlog and/or modded your files in any way?

I have a custom race, i've added the decoration's reactions to their entity file, no problems there. The decorations appear and everything is fine. Except the crashing.

I've only now noticed an error in the log about a wrong color token in my custom race, probably caused by a typo, but i doubt it has anything to do with the decoration crashes.

Unrecognized Color Token: ASH_GRAY

That is the only error shown there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #812 on: January 21, 2018, 05:33:36 pm »

Yeah, that should be ASH_GREY.

Anyway, it shouldnt have anything to do with crashes, as you say. No idea why they do that. It's a simple workshop, no reaction, 1 override. Even the vanilla workshop use a lot of overrides, I can only say that it has to be a TWBT problem. Nothing I can do about it. :/
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 21, 2018, 05:39:57 pm »

Are you sure? It's called "ASH_GRAY" in descriptor_color_standard.txt. I'm not seeing "ASH_GREY" used anywhere in any version of your pack.

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 21, 2018, 07:20:25 pm »

Anyway, it shouldnt have anything to do with crashes, as you say. No idea why they do that. It's a simple workshop, no reaction, 1 override. Even the vanilla workshop use a lot of overrides, I can only say that it has to be a TWBT problem. Nothing I can do about it. :/

Sad to hear, but thank you for helping me. I can live without the decorations, the tileset is already epic anyway :)

Maybe i'll try downloading the Launcher and all when i'm done with this fort. Maybe something went wrong during the download?

Btw, the decoration pack needs some kind of sacrificial altar to Armok. So we can kill the elves abominations in front of it. :D

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 21, 2018, 09:38:59 pm »

My game still freezes every now and then and I can't figure out what to do. Tried changing multilevel redraw to 0, the priority of DF in task manager, limiting it to only one CPU core (although I think it does that anyway), swapping it from the launcher version to the barebones (but I had to keep the raws in the save file so that didn't really change anything), and it's still doing that.

Any ideas what else I can try?
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 22, 2018, 12:55:06 am »

can you add a purpose to blood barrels or disable them from being on trade caravans?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 22, 2018, 04:45:58 am »

What's going on with the green borders on dug out tiles?

The OP has what I expected:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What I'm seeing in my game is also present in recent screenshots from this thread - here's a quote of one for easier reference.

:

It's kinda driving me nuts. I thought maybe it was some glitch with my setup, but it persists across embarks, reinstalls, and on different computers entirely. I've fiddled with TWBT and most of the other launcher settings I can think of to no avail, and I'd very much like to have the more regular cavern floors as they appear in the original post's example screenshot.

Qrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 22, 2018, 06:24:06 am »

What's going on with the green borders on dug out tiles?

Meph_32x32.png has the dug out floor tile green. I guess it is for giving surface grasslands a better, gradual shading, but nontheless makes dug out tiles look weird. You can edit the image to turn the four tiles used for dug out floors grey-scale, I have done it and they now look fine.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 22, 2018, 06:43:34 am »

Freezes? Or crashes?

Hi mifki, it's freezes. The game doesn't close, only stops responding for a few seconds and no dwarves move on the screen, then starts up again as if nothing happened. It only happens when it's unpaused.

I've uploaded a save before if you want to see if it happens to you too: Brimsarrows
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:51:59 am by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #821 on: January 22, 2018, 07:44:16 am »

Freezes? Or crashes?

Hi mifki, it's freezes. The game doesn't close, only stops responding for a few seconds and no dwarves move on the screen, then starts up again as if nothing happened. It only happens when it's unpaused.

I've uploaded a save before if you want to see if it happens to you too: Brimsarrows

I'll try, never heard of such behaviour though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #822 on: January 22, 2018, 08:15:04 am »

Me neither, I can load up the save on my machine and see what happens.

KoE, the screenshots are really old in the first post. Sorry for that. I did give them this green border, so they blend in with grass on the surface. Sadly the pebbles on top are the same as the rock floor in dug areas, so one of them has to look odd. I can make it an option in the launcher though.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 22, 2018, 08:27:54 am »

I think the color on the cavern floor is nice. Makes it look like it's been exposed long enough to have some growth on it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #824 on: January 22, 2018, 09:37:33 am »

It also means that it will blend in better when the caverns are breached and things start to grow on it.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 187