Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866373 times)

PrudentDwarves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.3 - 32x - 44.05 - Updated 18th January
« Reply #915 on: March 30, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »

Found some wrong values in "overrides.txt".

For "pig tales" there is
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:1:8:8]
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT_GROWTH:PLANT_GROWTH::_MDF_overrides_3:33:8:8]

Must be (changed first line new tile from 1 to 33 (plus 32))
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:33:8:8]

Other plants in "_MDF_overrides_3" have the same error, except "plump helmets".
They are all right:
[OVERRIDE:6:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:32:8:8]
[OVERRIDE:6:I:PLANT_GROWTH:PLANT_GROWTH::_MDF_overrides_3:32:8:8]

Also what's wrong with wooden doors in a stockpile? Just a black empty space there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #916 on: March 30, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »

Found some wrong values in "overrides.txt".

For "pig tales" there is

Other plants in "_MDF_overrides_3" have the same error, except "plump helmets".
They are all right:
[OVERRIDE:6:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:32:8:8]
[OVERRIDE:6:I:PLANT_GROWTH:PLANT_GROWTH::_MDF_overrides_3:32:8:8]

Also what's wrong with wooden doors in a stockpile? Just a black empty space there.
Wooden doors use so called inverted tiles, they use the background color, black, which TWBT cant really handle. The only way to change that would be to apply a fixed color, which would make all wooden doors the same hue. I'm fine with how it looks right now, as long as the build wooden doors look fine.

Are you sure that the overrides are errors? I'm fairly certain that they are perfectly fine. Just have a look at the PNG. There are three versions for each plant... one with the picked plant, one with the plant in a farmplot, one with the plant on grass.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #917 on: March 30, 2018, 04:49:44 pm »

Update!

Long time no see... anyway, here is the 44.07 update. Utilities for 44.08 are not updated yet, so please be patient.

The update adds another option to the launcher, Taffers Revised Mod. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161832.0. To use his own words: "An editor's pass over Dwarf Fortress: more balanced gameplay, more atmosphere, and fewer bugs. Every creature in the game has a rewritten description and many have simpler names. I want to make the game more pleasant to read and play, without straying too far from the original."

All in all it makes a lot of small changes, but none dramatically change the gameplay. It mostly fixes vanilla DF bugs, makes a few things more realistic and adds longer, more colorful descriptions to creatures.

You can enable it by going to the "ADDITIONS" tab in the launcher; a single button-press will install the mod for you, then you have to gen a new world. (I have not finished going through all the changes, about half of the creature changes are missing. I'm not sure if I want to add the name-simplifications for them, and a few other changes I have to take a closer look at. Right now, you probably have about 80% of Taffers original revised mod. Everything is there, except for some creature changes.)

Please let me know if you encounter any issues; if you have feedback specifically about the Revised mod, please send it to Taffer. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #918 on: March 30, 2018, 07:15:28 pm »

Thank for work.
Graphic files from ...data\art\  were there any changes?
p.s It would be good to update dwarves to latest version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #919 on: March 31, 2018, 01:33:08 am »

Hi Vordak. No, no changes on the graphics themselves. Thanks for reminding me, I'll update your set next. :) Hopefully for 44.08 when TWBT is updated too.

PrudentDwarves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 31, 2018, 03:35:53 am »

Wooden doors use so called inverted tiles, they use the background color, black, which TWBT cant really handle. The only way to change that would be to apply a fixed color, which would make all wooden doors the same hue. I'm fine with how it looks right now, as long as the build wooden doors look fine.

Left side: how it is right now.
Right side: with fixed foreground color.

I don't understand how it is fine by you. More so since both wooden and stone doors as buildings have their colors fixed. (I am not a fan of fixed hue either.)

Are you sure that the overrides are errors? I'm fairly certain that they are perfectly fine. Just have a look at the PNG. There are three versions for each plant... one with the picked plant, one with the plant in a farmplot, one with the plant on grass.

How sure I am? See for yourself:
Right now:

Correct way (as I described above):

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 31, 2018, 06:39:22 am »

Thank you very much for the update Meph :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #922 on: March 31, 2018, 08:34:34 am »

Touché, that does look wrong. ^^ Since you seem to have it fixed in your version already, would you be so kind to upload the correct override entries?

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 31, 2018, 09:43:58 am »

Just a very minor thing I noticed:
The "OPTIMIZED CAVERNS" presets apparently have changes to embark points (1274 vs 1504) and mineral scarcity (600 vs 2500) compared to their vanilla counterparts but no changes to the cavern settings. I assume the idea was to increase cavern openness minimum and decrease passage density maximum, just like in the presets inherited from masterwork?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #924 on: March 31, 2018, 10:04:36 am »

just like in the presets inherited from masterwork?
Yes. They should be the presets from MasterworkDF...

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 31, 2018, 02:32:58 pm »

when using vordaks dorfs, the dorven corpses look like your dorfs. - maybe that's intended, it just made me think a while...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #926 on: March 31, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »

It's because dwarves are creatures, but corpses are items. One use sprites, the other a tile from the tileset. It would be more difficult for the GUI to mix and match those.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 31, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »

okay then :)
erm do all tools also look like hatchets? i remember they didnt in 2.3 release.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PrudentDwarves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 31, 2018, 05:39:25 pm »

Touché, that does look wrong. ^^ Since you seem to have it fixed in your version already, would you be so kind to upload the correct override entries?
Upload? All I did is:
for wooden door item: set foreground color as for the building,
for the plants: only corrected underground crops, that took me less than a minute, so I hardly see the point in uploading.

If you are interested in doing it yourself, it's quite simple:
For "pig tales" there is

Other plants in "_MDF_overrides_3" have the same error, only "plump helmets" are all right.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 01, 2018, 09:08:08 am »

i just had my first crash since 44.05.
maybe the game didn't like me planting 5 doors and restricting the meeting hall so fast.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 187