Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 871712 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #930 on: April 01, 2018, 09:32:57 am »

i just had my first crash since 44.05.
maybe the game didn't like me planting 5 doors and restricting the meeting hall so fast.

Did you remember to change the multilevel redraw to whatever you had previously? I only just did ^^'
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 01, 2018, 11:21:08 am »

i just had my first crash since 44.05.
maybe the game didn't like me planting 5 doors and restricting the meeting hall so fast.

Did you remember to change the multilevel redraw to whatever you had previously? I only just did ^^'
that's always the first thing i do - otherwise mousequery edge would drive me nuts, because it doesnt work properly with multilevel view.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 01, 2018, 12:04:19 pm »

Found a strange bug - incorrect display tile of wheelbarrow(tile #237 from _MDF_items.png) - it look like helve(tile #247 from _MDF_items.png).
In overrides.txt is all written correctly:
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:255:I:TOOL:TOOL:17:_MDF_overrides_1:237]Screenshot I do not attach as it is not informative.

P.S overrides.txt definitely requires marks\notes for items from ...\raw\objects\ .
P.S.2. In tileset from PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64bit) - v0.44.05-r03 there is no such bug (code of wheelbarrow override is similar) - It looks like the problem is related to version of DFhack or TWBT.
P.S.3. Also found that instead of pot(tile #233) shows scroll roller(tile #239).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:25:08 pm by Vordak »

PrudentDwarves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.3 - 32x - 44.05 - Updated 18th January
« Reply #933 on: April 01, 2018, 07:20:20 pm »

Wooden doors use so called inverted tiles, they use the background color, black, which TWBT cant really handle.
The only way to change that would be to apply a fixed color, which would make all wooden doors the same hue.
No, it is not. TWBT handles them all right.
Since wooden doors in DF represented as colorwise-inverted symbol, the sprite itself must be converted as well. And I've managed to do that with one smart tool.

Where can I submit/upload it to?
(It's a PNG 32x32 new wooden door image.)

P.S. Yes!!! Finally!!! In my fortress each and every wooden door has its own hue based on material used.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:38:56 pm by PrudentDwarves »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 02, 2018, 01:52:19 am »

Found a strange bug - incorrect display tile of wheelbarrow(tile #237 from _MDF_items.png) - it look like helve(tile #247 from _MDF_items.png).
In overrides.txt is all written correctly:
[OVERRIDE:255:I:TOOL:TOOL:17:_MDF_overrides_1:237]Screenshot I do not attach as it is not informative.

P.S overrides.txt definitely requires marks\notes for items from ...\raw\objects\ .
P.S.2. In tileset from PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64bit) - v0.44.05-r03 there is no such bug (code of wheelbarrow override is similar) - It looks like the problem is related to version of DFhack or TWBT.
P.S.3. Also found that instead of pot(tile #233) shows scroll roller(tile #239).

I can confirm that this bug exists if you use the Revised option in the launcher, but displays correctly with the default raws. I noticed the wheelbarrows bug in the raws sets I generated and posted here earlier, and it seems to be present in Meph's official version too. It indicates that something in Revised messes up the tool IDs in the memory.

I expect all/some tools  to be shifted by 7, because you can fix wheelbarrows by changing:
[OVERRIDE:255:I:TOOL:TOOL:24:_MDF_overrides_1:247]to
[OVERRIDE:255:I:TOOL:TOOL:24:_MDF_overrides_1:237] wheelbarrow was 247As you can see TOOL:17 became TOOL:24. Vordak's comment for pot show the same shift TOOL:12 (#233) ->TOOL:19 (#239)
It needs to be confirmed that all tools are messed up, or only some. It would also be nice to confirm that other items are ok.

I tried to compare the generated raw sets between default/revised, but nothing stands out as obvious, item_tool.txt is identical in both versions. So I'm stumped for the reason, if Meph doesn't know either, then the obvious fix is to have a modified overrides.txt for Revised with the shifted tool IDs.

PS1: What's the command in dfhack for inspecting the memory layout of units/items/etc.? I forgot, would be useful in this case.
PS2: @Meph: As far as I know you don't need the LAA patch with the now standard 64 bit DF, it can address all the memory avaliable.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 02, 2018, 02:08:11 am »

PS1: What's the command in dfhack for inspecting the memory layout of units/items/etc.? I forgot, would be useful in this case.
You mean this thing?: https://gist.github.com/cvuchener/c176e7d0bee18e5c6c75c7ac5bded6f7

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 02, 2018, 03:31:44 am »

You mean this thing?: https://gist.github.com/cvuchener/c176e7d0bee18e5c6c75c7ac5bded6f7
No, altough that script is useful for debuging this. I was thinking of gui/gm-editor. Found it. :)
(Goddam it Toady, you put tools into finished goods, large tools into furnitures, and some tools even have their own stockpile settings... And it looks like musical intruments are not musical intruments at all, but tools, so you can't seperate them out. And why is honeycomb even a tool? Joy to debug this mess. /rant off)

So, I generated a Revised world, embarked with all tools I could buy, and used to script above to get the IDs. Here are the results.
17 nest box
18 jug
19 large pot
20 hive
---
23 minecart
24 wheelbarrow
25 stepladder
26 scroll rollers
27 book binding
---
30 book case
---
33 pedestal
34 display case

That seems to be in the same order found in the wiki. Crutches, splints, quivers, etc. seem to be in order, as they are items, not tools. I suspected some shenaningans with musical intruments, but their IDs are all after these base tools (35+), so that's out. Although I have to say intruments in stockpile definetly look odd, like a floor covered with straw. Is that intentional?
EDIT: intruments look all right, and go into the correct piles. Intrument pieces look odd, and go to tools piles.

Can someone else confirm they see the same shift of 7 in tool IDs? So far I have two words with the same results and Vordak's report.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:06:45 am by fricy »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #937 on: April 02, 2018, 04:06:04 am »

Oh, that explains it.

TWBT lists things by the order they appear in the raws. Revised adds a file called item_macro_fantastic.txt. It has custom reagents (Tools) for a few new reactions that take out micromanagement from the game a bit. since item_macro_fantastic is alphabetically above item_tool, those 7 new items get added first. TWBT now thinks that those are the items 0-6 in its list.

Simple fix, thanks for letting me know that the problem exists. :)

PS: I'm very familiar with this bug/issue due to making graphics for MasterworkDF. New items constantly had to be put into item_z_name.txt, so that they appear at the bottom on the list.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 02, 2018, 04:51:28 am »

Just a note, Armok Vision has options to do a full dump of all items in the game, including and IDs and raw names.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 02, 2018, 05:43:29 am »

Revised adds a file called item_macro_fantastic.txt. It has custom reagents (Tools) for a few new reactions that take out micromanagement from the game a bit.
Typical, just about the only file I didn't check. Because "macro". Why would it contain tools?  ;D
Since I already made it, this should be the quickfix for overrides.txt until Meph release the official one. Note that the last two lines are not in the tools section, but further down around line 2530ish.

Spoiler: quickfix for overrides (click to show/hide)

@Meph: Will renaming that file to fix the tools break already generated worlds? I seem to remember that. Also it looks to me pedestals and display cases are mixed up. Not sure though, and the art is quite similar.
PS: Stepladders also seem off.

Just a note, Armok Vision has options to do a full dump of all items in the game, including and IDs and raw names.
Thx, would have been useful. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #940 on: April 02, 2018, 06:28:52 am »

@Meph: Will renaming that file to fix the tools break already generated worlds? I seem to remember that. Also it looks to me pedestals and display cases are mixed up. Not sure though, and the art is quite similar.
Yes, if you also update the saved raws.

Taffer said something about possibly removing the Macro reactions part of his mod... I'm not sure if the new tools will even stay in till the next update. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 02, 2018, 06:48:57 am »

I think a lot of this could be solved by TWBT using tokens instead of numbers.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 02, 2018, 08:35:58 am »

can you make an updated version for all those who would kill their game by changing it manually?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 02, 2018, 12:56:13 pm »

Another bug - constructed and carved fortifications looks unlike expected.
Spoiler: fortification (click to show/hide)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 02, 2018, 09:22:46 pm »

This tileset is great! Thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 187