Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866325 times)

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #960 on: April 16, 2018, 11:38:47 am »

Re: item_macro_fantastic

TWBT lists things by the order they appear in the raws. Revised adds a file called item_macro_fantastic.txt. It has custom reagents (Tools) for a few new reactions that take out micromanagement from the game a bit. since item_macro_fantastic is alphabetically above item_tool, those 7 new items get added first. TWBT now thinks that those are the items 0-6 in its list.

Simple fix, thanks for letting me know that the problem exists. :)

@Meph: Will renaming that file to fix the tools break already generated worlds? I seem to remember that. Also it looks to me pedestals and display cases are mixed up. Not sure though, and the art is quite similar.
PS: Stepladders also seem off.

Can I just delete this raw or should I rename it? I think taffer said he just removed it from his updated Ravised but I don't really know what I am doing. :P

Edit: I added fricy's edits to overrides but I have deleted item_macro too. Is this completely wrong? Should it be one or the other?

Edit 2: I am really confused by this:

for wooden door item: set foreground color as for the building,
for the plants: only corrected underground crops, that took me less than a minute, so I hardly see the point in uploading.

If you are interested in doing it yourself, it's quite simple:
For "pig tales" there is
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:1:8:8]
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT_GROWTH:PLANT_GROWTH::_MDF_overrides_3:33:8:8]

Must be (changed first line new tile from 1 to 33 (plus 32))
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:33:8:8]

Other plants in "_MDF_overrides_3" have the same error, only "plump helmets" are all right.

Should they all be changed to 3:33 or should I it match the line unerneath? I'm probably just getting a bit obsessed with editing raws and overrides now I have kind of worked out how to do it. I should probably just wait for Meph to update, but then I won't learn. ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:07:04 pm by Llamageddon »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 16, 2018, 03:30:17 pm »

Re: item_macro_fantastic

TWBT lists things by the order they appear in the raws. Revised adds a file called item_macro_fantastic.txt. It has custom reagents (Tools) for a few new reactions that take out micromanagement from the game a bit. since item_macro_fantastic is alphabetically above item_tool, those 7 new items get added first. TWBT now thinks that those are the items 0-6 in its list.

@Meph: Will renaming that file to fix the tools break already generated worlds? I seem to remember that. Also it looks to me pedestals and display cases are mixed up. Not sure though, and the art is quite similar.
PS: Stepladders also seem off.

Can I just delete this raw or should I rename it? I think taffer said he just removed it from his updated Ravised but I don't really know what I am doing. :P

Edit: I added fricy's edits to overrides but I have deleted item_macro too. Is this completely wrong? Should it be one or the other?
Only one. If you have already generated a world, use my fixes. If you want to start a new one, then delete the macro_fantastic. Doing both will either break your existing world, or mess up the overrides in a new one.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 16, 2018, 05:46:19 pm »

I need to verify if I did it ok.

1. I have an existing game in DF 44_09 with dfhack alpha in Phoebus; reference "~/save/mysave/raw" folder. 

2. I applied taffer's balance raw something into my "~/DF/raw" folder.

3. I opened LNP, set graphics to Meph's Tiles 32x.

4. I created a pocket world, which create "~/save/region1/raw" folder. 

5. I copied (3) "~/save/region1/raw" folder overwriting (1)"~/save/mysave/raw" folder. 

6. I load my save game (1) and it seems Meph's Tiles is working.

Did I do it right?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 16, 2018, 07:39:40 pm »

How the hell do i install this?

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 16, 2018, 10:57:49 pm »

The 2.4 Launcher should let you pick options from the pack and automatically install DF 0.44.07 for you. I think if you get the barebones edition you should be able to just copy over the files in there to get just the tileset. I think that should work on any 0.44.xx version.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 16, 2018, 11:27:29 pm »

So many of these problems could be solved if TwT used raw tokens instead of numbers.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 17, 2018, 03:07:01 am »

Did I do it right?
No.
You just have Meph' GFX pack without Taffer's changes. The LNP launcher doesn't merge the mod, just overwrites the raws with the version supplied in the pack. What you did is the same as the "Apply graphics to savegame" option in the launcher. And I don't think you can mod your existing world with Taffer's changes, they go too deep for that, but you have to ask Taffer to confirm. Some mods are possible past worldgen, some are not, and break the save. If for some miraculous reason this version is save game compatible, future versions won't be with the leather changes.

You should:
a, use this pack (44.07, not up to date Taffer's mod)
or
b, generate a raw set with Meps's launcher, delete item_macro_fantastic.txt, becuse it causes bugs, set tileset to Meph's in LNP, copy the generated raws to LNP DF/raws, generate a world with LNP, and NEVER let the launcher update save raws (44.09, not up to date Taffer's mod)
or
c, if you want the latest Taffer change's before Meph updates this pack you need to make a manual raw merge like this. Be advised that Taffer only supplies the changed raw files in his download, so to make a mod directory you need to copy the base files there first, and overwrite them with Taffer's. (latest and greatest everything)

PrudentDwarves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 17, 2018, 05:28:19 am »

Should they all be changed to 3:33 or should I it match the line unerneath? I'm probably just getting a bit obsessed with editing raws and overrides now I have kind of worked out how to do it. I should probably just wait for Meph to update, but then I won't learn. ;)

Image-file for plants: data/art/_Meph_plants.png.
Code: (overrides.txt - version from 2.4 before any corrections applied) [Select]
[TILESET:_Meph_plants.png:_Meph_plants.png:_MDF_overrides_3]

#GRASS_TAIL_PIG
[OVERRIDE:7:B:FARM_PLOT:FarmPlot::_MDF_overrides_3:1:8:8] Inside the farm
[OVERRIDE:7:T:Shrub:_MDF_overrides_3:17:8:8] Growing outside
[OVERRIDE:7:T:ShrubDead:_MDF_overrides_3:17:5:5] Growing outside, but dead
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:1:8:8] Picked plant
"_MDF_overrides_3:1" - see image, tile 1 (x=1, y=0) - farm plot with grown pig tail
"_MDF_overrides_3:17" - tile 17 (x=1, y=1 - next row) - wild pig tail
"_MDF_overrides_3:33" - tile 33 (x=1, y=2 - another row) - picked one, this is how it should look like inside a stockpile
"I:PLANT:PLANT" - referring to a picked plant
"I:PLANT_GROWTH:PLANT_GROWTH" - don't know what it means
Code: (this line is wrong) [Select]
[OVERRIDE:7:I:PLANT:PLANT::_MDF_overrides_3:1:8:8]
I hope this little explanation helps.
Also I believe ancient_vampire figured it out (msg #951). But if you are trying to learn, there are spoilers.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 17, 2018, 09:20:37 am »

Thanks Prudent, fricy and ancient. I think I have everything I need now. Missed both ancient's spoiler and Prudents post about KDiff, I should have looked harder, thanks for being patient. Now to roll up my sleeves and see if I can do this without breaking everything.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 17, 2018, 10:20:46 am »

Oh, that explains it.

PS: I'm very familiar with this bug/issue due to making graphics for MasterworkDF. New items constantly had to be put into item_z_name.txt, so that they appear at the bottom on the list.

Hopefully this should solve that issue for good:

https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/pull/74

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 17, 2018, 04:46:40 pm »

Hah, great, simple solution.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #971 on: April 18, 2018, 07:30:35 am »

Oh, that explains it.

PS: I'm very familiar with this bug/issue due to making graphics for MasterworkDF. New items constantly had to be put into item_z_name.txt, so that they appear at the bottom on the list.

Hopefully this should solve that issue for good:

https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/pull/74
Does this mean both works (order in the raws and raw-tokens), or only raw-tokens work?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 18, 2018, 11:30:16 am »

Does this mean both works (order in the raws and raw-tokens), or only raw-tokens work?

Both, according to the code. It will try searching the type before reverting to the id.

Great news!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 18, 2018, 12:50:29 pm »

*snip*

Great news!
omg read that in mr farnsworth's voice :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 18, 2018, 02:11:01 pm »

I have no idea what i am doing... iv drag and dropped DF hack/Art and Init into my game but the text is stil all blocks and images...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 187