Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870955 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.5 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 24th April
« Reply #1035 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:30 am »

SenorPez or gcook725: Since I can't replicate it, would either of you be so kind to pack their entire installation up and upload it for me? DFFD, Dropbox, anything is fine. I just tested again, no UNK_42 error, no problem with lignite/other rocks (except when creatures stand on top of them, but that's a TWBT bug that affects all overwritten tiles)

Link via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rZ-0OB5JyfWEz93vyy9hQIbLxGjvdrYK

So, a fresh install fixed the issue, but I still kept the one that was having an issue. Something of note that I'm not sure could be part of what caused the problem is that I did try to install Meph 24, then back to Meph 32 a few times in a few pocket worlds until I decided to stick with Meph 32.
I had a look. First think I noticed is the 850mb file... WOW, that's much larger than it should be. I had a look at the files, your override.txt is from the 16th January, so quite old. The files in raw/graphics and raw/objects are the new ones.

It's really strange I could only find that one file, the overrides.txt to be severely outdated. For example the new alphabet decoration or the gem/mineral walls wouldn't work either with it. Once you replace it with the current overrides.txt, it should fix everything, even in a running fort. (if you close DF and the launcher, replace the file, then restart everything)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:03 am »

This tileset is so great that I've deliberately gone 8 years without making any cabinets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1037 on: April 25, 2018, 10:40:22 am »

Oh, that's cool. Mind uploading the save/more screenshots? I never see much of the set myself, because my testforts are super short, usually just to test 1-2 individual features.

I might also be a bit slow... my first thought when you saw your post was: "What, why? Is the cabinet sprite that bad?"
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 25, 2018, 12:02:06 pm »

Oh, that's cool. Mind uploading the save/more screenshots? I never see much of the set myself, because my testforts are super short, usually just to test 1-2 individual features.

I'd be happy to!

I might also be a bit slow... my first thought when you saw your post was: "What, why? Is the cabinet sprite that bad?"

Hah, no. I just like seeing all the unique clothing sprites everywhere.

Here are some fortifications in the lower caverns. You can see that I have too many animals; they're eating all the nice floor fungus. TWBT's multilevel rendering makes these caverns look great. This is the only layer I've explored; I hit the first layer but walled it up quickly and didn't use it for much. All my monster slayers hang out in these caverns, so it's quite safe.

Here's where the Duke lives, and the grand dining room that hardly anyone uses. Mostly people hang out in the library.

One level down are my farms, with a cistern and irrigation system. I haven't actually built any wells in this cistern yet; I've got some in the second cavern layer that I still use.

On the same level as the farms are the magma industries; this is the lowest level above the magma sea.

The bedrooms and industries I showed previously are a few levels above all of this.

Then there's the keep on the surface, again taking advantage of multilevel rendering. Sorry about the mess, the Elves objected to the number of feather trees I've cut down. Hilariously, they managed to sneak all the way into the keep before being detected.

Here's the ground level of the fort,showing the depot and some misc storage.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 25, 2018, 02:07:11 pm »

seeing your forts, i get the impression, you all go for minimalism... my meeting hall is 22x22, each temple is 20x20 and every craftsroom is 9x9 or 20x20. and my entryway is so huge, it could easily be a stupid-dwarf-trick :O
am i playing this game the wrong way?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1040 on: April 25, 2018, 02:22:32 pm »

seeing your forts, i get the impression, you all go for minimalism... my meeting hall is 22x22, each temple is 20x20 and every craftsroom is 9x9 or 20x20. and my entryway is so huge, it could easily be a stupid-dwarf-trick :O
am i playing this game the wrong way?
Well, both designs are hilariously inefficient... :P

Nanoembark, a tiny cube-formed fortress with minimal walking distances and 2x1 rooms for the dwarves. That's my style.

(Seriously though, I'm always amazed at people that build large forts with a lot of spare room for decorations and flourish. It'S great!)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 25, 2018, 02:51:24 pm »

well, without bins and without dumps, i always need storage room. also my fort is going to hit 200 inhabitants soon.
i also haven't hit the first cavern layer yet and don't have a cistern yet.

also i doubt you will write a linux-compatible launcher.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:57:28 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1042 on: April 25, 2018, 03:13:16 pm »

You are right, the launcher will stay as is. I neither know how to make it linux compatible, not are there enough players that use it to warrant the extra work. :/

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 25, 2018, 03:21:58 pm »

You are right, the launcher will stay as is. I neither know how to make it linux compatible, not are there enough players that use it to warrant the extra work. :/
well, so i just copied your meph32 folder (data and raw) into the df_linux folder, overwriting the contents. but i can only launch it via the linuxLNP-Launcher, which rewinds some settings...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1044 on: April 25, 2018, 03:30:16 pm »

I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I've never used linux. Best person to ask would be the author of the linuxLNP.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1045 on: April 25, 2018, 05:30:10 pm »

Biome test. From top to bottom: Desert, Badlands, Marsh, Mountain, Rocky Wasteland, Shrubland, Swamp, Grassland, Glacier, Forest (seen from above).

Those are just tests, but please let me know what you think of them. It only works as long as grass exists, so if you embark with "vegetation:none", it won't show. ;) It should be easy to find a desert or wasteland or badlands with "vegetation:scarce", that's enough.

I haven't touched yet: Tundra, Taiga, Savanna, Differences between temperate/tropical marsh/swamp/forest/grassland/shrubland, and the differences between broadleaf and conifer forest. For some reason DF also has a special "Mangrove Swamp", which is so rare, I'll just use the swamp for it.

Anyway... embark sites should look a lot more interesting depending on the biome. :)

gcook725

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 25, 2018, 06:13:08 pm »

SenorPez or gcook725: Since I can't replicate it, would either of you be so kind to pack their entire installation up and upload it for me? DFFD, Dropbox, anything is fine. I just tested again, no UNK_42 error, no problem with lignite/other rocks (except when creatures stand on top of them, but that's a TWBT bug that affects all overwritten tiles)

Link via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rZ-0OB5JyfWEz93vyy9hQIbLxGjvdrYK

So, a fresh install fixed the issue, but I still kept the one that was having an issue. Something of note that I'm not sure could be part of what caused the problem is that I did try to install Meph 24, then back to Meph 32 a few times in a few pocket worlds until I decided to stick with Meph 32.
I had a look. First think I noticed is the 850mb file... WOW, that's much larger than it should be. I had a look at the files, your override.txt is from the 16th January, so quite old. The files in raw/graphics and raw/objects are the new ones.

It's really strange I could only find that one file, the overrides.txt to be severely outdated. For example the new alphabet decoration or the gem/mineral walls wouldn't work either with it. Once you replace it with the current overrides.txt, it should fix everything, even in a running fort. (if you close DF and the launcher, replace the file, then restart everything)

Weird. I downloaded it fresh and new, directly from the download link on the OP yesterday, the one with the launcher. I wonder why overrides.txt wasn't right? Perhaps there is an issue when changing graphicsets or something too much and an out-of-date overrides.txt got left behind on accident?

I think the extra size is because I had the soundsense default music/sound pack installed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:11:01 pm by gcook725 »

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 26, 2018, 01:51:03 am »

Did you stick it up on github?
Sounds like there's a couple of us, I'm willing to take a look depending on the amount of work.

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 26, 2018, 03:25:13 am »

It happened to me too.  I just unzipped it a brand new directory and somehow I got that old (January) override.txt file as well.  No idea how it got there.  I then opened the tileset zip file and drag over the April version of the override.txt over and voila no problem.  Odd, not sure where that override.txt got generated. 

For the record, all I did was changed some of the font options in the launcher and then booted up the game and noticed the same error as the other folks here.  So it looks like a systemic problem with the launcher.

(Meph, your pack is awesome.  Thanks for the updates.  I can't wait till you reboot Masterwork, that would make my year.... )
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:29:30 am by Garfink »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1049 on: April 26, 2018, 04:08:49 am »

YES! Found it. The differently sized tileset versions have their own override files in TilesetExtras\graphics, because I was setting it up to use different tileset versions like Vordaks (which might need their own override files). All I had to do was update the overrides.txt in there.

Thanks for the reports. I'll do a few minor things today and upload a fix.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 187