Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870760 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IlFedaykin: Yeah, the 16 and 24x sets I downscaled in Photoshop, but it didn't quite work, because the -bg and -top files don't fit exactly. Since I use so much transparency, these versions really shouldnt be used anymore. It's easier to play with 32x and zoom out.

Alternatively, in the Terminal window enter "twbt tilesize 24 24" or "twbt tilesize 16 16".

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alternatively, in the Terminal window enter "twbt tilesize 24 24" or "twbt tilesize 16 16".
That's good to know, thanks.
On a side note: I've been playing a bit with twbt redraw disabled and it still crashes multiple times in the same season. Not much going on, starting 7 dwarves only.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I know about Starbound, Terrariria, etc, but those are both in weird resolutions, have a completely different perspective, and are from currently running, commercial games. Not OpenGameArt or DeviantArt ;)

On a side note: I've been playing a bit with twbt redraw disabled and it still crashes multiple times in the same season. Not much going on, starting 7 dwarves only.
That's odd. When does it crash? Care to upload a save?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Placing farm plots, for whatever reason, I've heard before when it comes to crashes. That and the custom workshops, which makes no sense. It's a TWBT-related crash for sure, but I don't know how to fix it. I was under the impression that it only occurs (at least for me) when using redraw_all 1 mode. I couldn't replicate the crashes with redraw_all 0.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't placing new farm plots, just planting seeds... maybe the ingame rescaling of tileset? I know it gets grumpy when you abuse of it, as if it requires too many resources or something...
EDIT: it took me about 50 seconds to crash it while rescaling. It may very well be the reason, any ideas on how to test it for sure?
EDIT2: Since i stopped rescaling it only crashed once, so there is a good chance the two things are strongly correlated.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:53:36 am by IlFedaykin »

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't placing new farm plots, just planting seeds... maybe the ingame rescaling of tileset? I know it gets grumpy when you abuse of it, as if it requires too many resources or something...
EDIT: it took me about 50 seconds to crash it while rescaling. It may very well be the reason, any ideas on how to test it for sure?
EDIT2: Since i stopped rescaling it only crashed once, so there is a good chance the two things are strongly correlated.

I didn't see any crashes at all with this save file. Whatever's causing the crash, it's not very reproducible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's pretty random. When I first tested it by placing farm plots and custom workshops (half a year ago or so) sometimes I can create 500 and no crash, other times I can't make it to 10 before it crashed to desktop. That's with redraw_all 1. No idea what exactly causes it.

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love this work, but for me the color schemes are a bit too dark and grim.
I didnt manage to get my own colorscheme to look good with this pack (i created it for phoebus back in the day, havent played DF in a long time).
And i didnt manage to get any of the alternative seasonal color packs to work. How come the launcher has no dropdown list to choose those?
I must say though, your Meph Thick font is one of the most incredibly readable clear fonts i've ever seen in DF. It's a game-changer.

Edit: here is my colorscheme, feel free to include in the pack if you like it sufficently. Yes its a hodgepodge of 2 others :D
I loved the muddy parts of some, and vibrant colors of others, but muted them a bit.
I absolutely love to have black be a dark brown, makes the whole UI and mining feel a bit more muddy and warm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:51:10 am by Baleur »

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IlFedaykin: Yeah, the 16 and 24x sets I downscaled in Photoshop, but it didn't quite work, because the -bg and -top files don't fit exactly. Since I use so much transparency, these versions really shouldnt be used anymore. It's easier to play with 32x and zoom out.

Thats almost perfect for what i want (i feel 32x is a bit too big on my 1080p monitor).
The only problem (if Meph is reading) is that the transparency of some stuff like bags, barrels, rocks etc gets a tiny 1 pixel blue outline when zooming out or in.
Is there any way to fix this?

Also, there's a mismatch between the default DF install folder and the Meph32 tileset folder.
Because i started a game without changing anything, looks great had nice wooden floors etc. Then i switched to 24x and back to 32x (to get it to re-apply the pack from the folder), booted up the game and noticed my wooden floors now look like gray squares, and barrels had a different icon.
Which is the latest, the default DF folder pre-installed Meph32, or the launcher folder Meph32 you have to manually get to re-apply?
I guess some RAW's changed and thats why my wooden floors are now gray? Also noticed all my stone walls are the same color (slate, granite etc) in the pre-installed graphics. Aren't they supposed to be different colors?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:01:21 pm by Baleur »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For people with crashes when using "twbt redraw_all", what resolution are you using? There was just a report on PE's thread about it working when maximized at 1080p but crashing when maximized at 4K.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not much going on here, I guess everything is alright, or everyone is playing 44.10 instead. :D

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Not much going on here, I guess everything is alright, or everyone is playing 44.10 instead. :D
or not getting your newer releases running properly on the linux LNP...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

xyzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, do you have plans to release a 44.10 version?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am not seeing these decorations in the game, carpets and paintings, how do i access these art files?
Also the water doesnt look as nice as it does in the animated pictures or the weapons... am i doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 187