Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876483 times)

Ads333

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 7th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1560 on: August 08, 2018, 07:38:41 am »

What a shame this isn't available for 32-bits  :'(

Great work though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1561 on: August 08, 2018, 09:26:18 am »

Gem bed? How can I build a non-wooden bed?

No doubt, this is the best tileset so far, really amazing Meph! Other cuestion, what display resolution is better for 32x tilesets? I use 1920x1080 on windows 10, but when I have an anouncement that pauses the game and centers where it is happening, the image is off center. Is it related with my resolution?
sorry,  somehow skipped that question at first.

Its a twbt quirk when mixing a square tileset with a not-square text tileset, which results in the game zooming to a wrong position. At least this is my best guess... You can try a square text tileset and see if it fixes the issue for you :-)

EDIT:
Wolverine man melee unit, ranged unit, performer and scholar.
Chinchilla man melee unit, ranged unit, performer and scholar.
This time I tried Vordaks armors instead of mine, for more variety.:)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:07:17 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Popokolara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 08, 2018, 05:38:54 pm »

Yes i have the animations enabled. Really not a serious problem, just annoying and i know you would want to be told.

Something else: Halberds and other large weapons. I i read in the wiki that most dwarves would not be able to use them due to size. I also know wiki tends to be outdated. In general can i somehow be sure my dwarf troops are properly armed and able to fight? Can i know if all the tropps i had eqquiped with spear+shield in my last game for example,  actively and efficienctly used their armaments? All weapons in the raw have a a 2 hand line, so i dont know how to make sure they have the gear i want them, or what gear they can even wear as a group or an individual.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 08, 2018, 07:13:57 pm »

Something else: Halberds and other large weapons. I i read in the wiki that most dwarves would not be able to use them due to size. I also know wiki tends to be outdated. In general can i somehow be sure my dwarf troops are properly armed and able to fight? Can i know if all the tropps i had eqquiped with spear+shield in my last game for example,  actively and efficienctly used their armaments? All weapons in the raw have a a 2 hand line, so i dont know how to make sure they have the gear i want them, or what gear they can even wear as a group or an individual.

two-handed is the minimum size to use the weapon at all, one handed is the size to use something one-handed, if I remember right. Height and broadness modifiers are supposed to be taken into account, so some dwarves would be able to use great weapons two-handed (or one-handed with a shield, though with a severe attack penalty, as some enemies do.) Supposedly though said modifiers might still not be taken into account, meaning dwarves can't use great weapons (halberd, pike, two-handed sword, great axe, maul,) period except in traps. Trolls on the inverse, can use any great weapon one-handed, while humans generally can always use them two-handed.

All dwarves can use spears, as can virtually all animal men and kobolds; just check thier inventory to make sure they actually picked up the weapon, cause sometimes they may follow orders and not get thier weapons because of circumstance (enemy nearby, wild animals, tantruming dwarves attacking them are all ones I've seen.)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1564 on: August 08, 2018, 07:16:51 pm »

two-handed is the minimum size to use the weapon at all, one handed is the size to use something one-handed, if I remember right. Height and broadness modifiers are supposed to be taken into account, so some dwarves would be able to use great weapons two-handed (or one-handed with a shield, though with a severe attack penalty, as some enemies do.) Supposedly though said modifiers might still not be taken into account, meaning dwarves can't use great weapons (halberd, pike, two-handed sword, great axe, maul,) period except in traps. Trolls on the inverse, can use any great weapon one-handed, while humans generally can always use them two-handed.

All dwarves can use spears, as can virtually all animal men and kobolds; just check thier inventory to make sure they actually picked up the weapon, cause sometimes they may follow orders and not get thier weapons because of circumstance (enemy nearby, wild animals, tantruming dwarves attacking them are all ones I've seen.)

TWO_HANDED size is the size the creature needs to be to "Not" use it with 2 hands. min size is the size needed to use it at all

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 08, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »

TWO_HANDED size is the size the creature needs to be to "Not" use it with 2 hands. min size is the size needed to use it at all

I have definitely remembered then. I was probably thinking two handed was that things up to x size had to use it two handed and thinking minimum size was to use it one handed. <_>

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 09, 2018, 12:32:26 pm »

*snip*
Its a twbt quirk when mixing a square tileset with a not-square text tileset, which results in the game zooming to a wrong position. At least this is my best guess... You can try a square text tileset and see if it fixes the issue for you :-)
*snip*
yes, that's how far i could track it. using mephs 32x32 and a nonsquare font, because otherwise the menu would take up at least 3/10 of the screen in compact mode and 6/10 in normal mode and most fullscreen menues wouldn't fit at all.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1567 on: August 10, 2018, 02:20:02 am »

Some squid-men anyone? :)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 10, 2018, 03:25:17 am »

Can they even land at all?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1569 on: August 10, 2018, 04:10:00 am »

I'm fairly certain that animal men based on ocean animals can roam on land.

If I'm wrong, please someone let me know. ;-)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 10, 2018, 04:18:33 am »

Rather unfortunately, while they can survive on land, they can't do so for very long and bee line straight to water if at all possible.

Like aquatic mammals, the poor bastards "Air-drown" on land.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1571 on: August 11, 2018, 03:31:45 am »

Mh... I thought taffers revised mod fixed that...

Edit: i made a few sprites for splints mod, not strictly sneaking for this set, but here we go :

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:42:07 am by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 11, 2018, 08:27:38 am »

I wasn't using the tilset to run the test, I admit, though honestly it's a little strange for aquatic animal men besides mammals and some arthropods to be able to go on land at all.

But damn, I suppose I have to figure something out for a showcase story now.  :P

umbrelladroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 12, 2018, 04:14:36 pm »

Meph im trying to use your tileset as its now listed on thr lazy newb pack graphics selection list... Ive selected it but i just keep getting the coloured ascii format on the world map or region screen ....

Any idea what pairing i need to make in the FONT and GRAPHICS_FONT selections on lazy newb pack to make it look like the images as seen above in this thread ?? Any help appreciated..cheers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1574 on: August 12, 2018, 05:18:22 pm »

umbrelladroid, for LNP questions best ask the LNP author. I think you have to manually install TWBT. Either way, you only get a smaller version of the tileset with less features.

If you want everything, use the download I provide.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 187