Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866429 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 7th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1650 on: August 25, 2018, 01:03:30 am »

Maybe I didnt understand the question right.

The Icecutter accepts ice boulders (while the mason doesnt), because I explicitly wrote the reactions for each piece of furniture to accept ice boulders and nothing else.

Its like asking why the kiln accepts clay (while the mason doesnt) = because the raws say so.

I was under the impression ice was basically water, so ice boulders were useless for anything but basic construction, like with raw clay.

Saying "because it's modded" is like saying "the sky is blue." Really generic answer that doesn't answer anything, hence my confusion. This time around though you did much better. :P

I vote a modified version of the ice set for ethereal material stuff when you get around to rebooting the warlocks. I also vote saving any dye needs to make colored bricks for Masterwork.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 25, 2018, 04:51:00 am »

hmmm i like how much effort you put into the rosegold set and it looks awesome for some purpose. but rosegold is an alloy...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_gold#Rose,_red,_and_pink_gold
i would just use the gold set with a more red-ish colour.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1652 on: August 25, 2018, 04:39:46 pm »

hmmm i like how much effort you put into the rosegold set and it looks awesome for some purpose. but rosegold is an alloy...
The design I posted is a visual pun. I'm aware of what rose-gold is. ^^

Splint: Clay can't be used because clay boulders lack the STONE token, that's all. I can easily make any reaction accept clay boulders for any purpose, including the mason.

So yes, for the vanilla DF mason ice-boulders are useless, but for anything modded ICE BOULDER just another reagent, like IRON BAR or WOOD CHAIR.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 26, 2018, 03:42:27 am »

The design I posted is a visual pun. I'm aware of what rose-gold is. ^^
[snip]
i should have known... just like the spiderman :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 26, 2018, 07:27:17 pm »

Good pun!

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 27, 2018, 06:28:40 am »

I also vote to make the complicated dye-needing bricks be left for Masterwork DF. It sounds like too much difficulty and effort, and that's saying something in this game.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1656 on: August 27, 2018, 06:33:41 am »

Bricks in Masterwork dont need dye...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 27, 2018, 03:04:31 pm »

We know, but a couple people suggested it for this, when it sounds more like something to have in masterwork.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 28, 2018, 08:30:53 am »

We know, but a couple people suggested it for this, when it sounds more like something to have in masterwork.
i agree

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 28, 2018, 11:29:41 am »

Hello there! Thank you Meph for this great tileset. It is a greatmaster work indeed.

But I am here today to check if someonelse is having the same issues.
Recently I "discovered" about Kisat Dur and decided to give it a try.
Unfortunatly, when in Adventurer Mode, the "Stealth" mode does not show to me the "enemy sight" as it currently do in any other tileset.

Please, say that I am the only one with that!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 28, 2018, 01:37:47 pm »

Hi Meph,

first of all: thanks for all the great work with Mastermod and this tileset. I used to run phoebus but was always itching to try this one.
I downloaded it and I am running it with the LNP 44.12 right now (dfhack on, TWBT print mode). I read that I have to start a new embark with this set, so that's what I did.

Now I get the following issue:
Selected plants for harvesting are not highlighted. Going back to phoebus I can see that they were designated but it does not show with your tileset.
Designated trees are highlighted without issue. Is there a fix for this? I'd really like to use your tileset...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1661 on: August 28, 2018, 03:25:32 pm »

Hello there! Thank you Meph for this great tileset. It is a greatmaster work indeed.

But I am here today to check if someonelse is having the same issues.
Recently I "discovered" about Kisat Dur and decided to give it a try.
Unfortunatly, when in Adventurer Mode, the "Stealth" mode does not show to me the "enemy sight" as it currently do in any other tileset.

Please, say that I am the only one with that!
I have no idea how "stealth enemy sight" should look. If you could show me a screenshot with another set, I might be able to reproduce it.

Hi Meph,

first of all: thanks for all the great work with Mastermod and this tileset. I used to run phoebus but was always itching to try this one.
I downloaded it and I am running it with the LNP 44.12 right now (dfhack on, TWBT print mode). I read that I have to start a new embark with this set, so that's what I did.

Now I get the following issue:
Selected plants for harvesting are not highlighted. Going back to phoebus I can see that they were designated but it does not show with your tileset.
Designated trees are highlighted without issue. Is there a fix for this? I'd really like to use your tileset...
It's on my list of issues that are being worked on. I think it's a transparency issue, since the new plants use twbt overrides. I'll test.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 28, 2018, 08:50:54 pm »

I have no idea how "stealth enemy sight" should look. If you could show me a screenshot with another set, I might be able to reproduce it.
Found on google images:
That's what it looks like by default - the peasant is looking due south.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 28, 2018, 09:34:25 pm »

Found on google images:
That's what it looks like by default - the peasant is looking due south.

It is a funny sweet text you got there hahahahah
Thank you for helping with the print tho.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1664 on: August 29, 2018, 02:11:05 am »

Ah, it does apply a different background color. Not visible because there is no transparency on the grass in this tileset.

I assume that it does that to everything you look at. Only way to fix it is to make all tiles transparent.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 187