Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866438 times)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 29th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1680 on: August 29, 2018, 02:48:47 pm »

damn, really cool update! love the visual differences between materials :o

are you also planning on updating the legends for all the sprites and objects? some things I cannot identify yet...
i.e. just got a red speech bubble with a "?" popping up on one of my dwarves. what does it mean?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1681 on: August 29, 2018, 02:50:02 pm »

It means the same as a ? in vanilla DF.
? = No Destination: The creature has a job, but no destination. They get this when you shut a door on their faces. Also momentarily flashes when they first get a job.

More at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Status_icon

The tileset just uses a little speech-bubble with a '?' in it, instead of just a '?' because it's what the dwarf is thinking.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 29, 2018, 03:35:46 pm »

It means the same as a ? in vanilla DF.
? = No Destination: The creature has a job, but no destination. They get this when you shut a door on their faces. Also momentarily flashes when they first get a job.

More at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Status_icon

The tileset just uses a little speech-bubble with a '?' in it, instead of just a '?' because it's what the dwarf is thinking.
thanks for the quick answer and link. having a blast with the tileset so far  ;D

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V3.5 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 7th August - GEM SET!
« Reply #1683 on: August 29, 2018, 09:44:29 pm »

Found on google images:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's what it looks like by default - the peasant is looking due south.
is that from the LP video "surprise dentistry"? :D
I found it on a google image search for "dwarf fortress sneaking". Google found it here. For some reason TinEye doesn't find it anywhere. So ... maybe.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 29th August - BONE/ICE SET!
« Reply #1684 on: September 05, 2018, 01:40:30 pm »

I tried my hand at drawing and made a graphics set for my mod suitable for your tileset. :)
But also some shameless self advertisement. ;D

I hope I fit the general style quite well, even though i've been using a pretty standard gimp install.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 06, 2018, 03:16:09 am »

I tried my hand at drawing and made a graphics set for my mod suitable for your tileset. :)
But also some shameless self advertisement. ;D

I hope I fit the general style quite well, even though i've been using a pretty standard gimp install.

They look like a good match, and your timing is impeccable. I was just looking for some stuff to add in to make a story fort a bit more interesting, apart from having a mildly deranged interior decorator/architectural engineer hampering everyone's efforts to survive.

They look like a fairly good match for the tileset's general style too honestly. it'll be good to have at least a few things not sticking out like a sore thumb that I add  ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1686 on: September 06, 2018, 03:42:54 am »

I on the other hand am a bit surprised you want to add so much mods. I thought that the community fort would stand out anyway, due to being the first one showing off all the tileset features. :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 06, 2018, 03:58:50 am »

Yeah buuuut otherwise it'd only have the vanilla content for the most part, which isn't as interesting (for me at least; there hasn't really been anything new added in terms of wildlife and enemies for a good long while and I'm not a fan of vampires.) The tileset is mostly aesthetics (which granted, is a big part of my forts - gotta make that shit look good yo,) which I can abuse the shit out of later on in the fort's life to make storerooms and armories that look used and stocked, thematic temples, a nice public park maybe, a nice library...

But that's all building stuff, which doesn't necessarily draw people too well, and everyone's seen the same old same old from the caverns and such, y'know? May as well make a real show of this; people want blood, they want dangerrr, and a little bit of artwork and maybe a good story, not just me showing off the varied and very well done tileset assets in specific practices. Just a showcase ain't my style. I don't want to appeal to those squishy milk-drinkers who don't want dangerous worlds full of chaos and violence.

I'm gonna build that place, use your tileset to make it look damned good, and I'm going to use my enemies to make soap while I do it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1688 on: September 06, 2018, 07:39:55 am »

Slade set, mostly aimed at Boltguns Succubus mod: Kinky/Evil/Demon style.

Can be easily added to the main tileset by simply removing UNDIGGABLE from slade. That way people playing vanilla DF get access to this set by mining hell.

Succubus statue sprite is from Castlevania. :)

Thoughts?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:41 am »

How is it you keep having impeccable timing?

Looks good to me overall, though I feel like the doors need something to make them less normal looking, same for hatches. Maybe some red bits to imply eldritch runes or dark energies in them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1690 on: September 06, 2018, 08:37:51 am »

I added a bit of dark red to the door, but the hatches will stay as is. They always mirror the floor, throughout all material sets. Makes them easier to identify.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 06, 2018, 08:52:46 am »

Just now noticed the bed and thought "Well that's a touch on the nose for its purpose, innit?"

But still, kudos. looks like a neat addition. Also didn't know that on the hatches. They just seemed kinda stand-outish without any red to them like the walls, but hey. I learned something today, so there's that.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 06, 2018, 10:18:49 am »

I like the bed too :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1693 on: September 06, 2018, 10:28:31 am »

Slade (Evil/BDSM)

Copper (Steampunk/Gears)

Rose-Gold (taken literally)

As you can see it gets quite busy if you make entire floors covered with the same material of furniture, mostly because the colors blend into each other. (I've made the floors darker to increase contrast since I made those screenshots). I recommend using the fancier stuff sparingly, instead of plastering everything with weird-looking floors. :P It looks much easier on the eye on neutral background, like rock floor.

Comparison:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:34:13 am by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:47 am »

Holy shit, I actually really like that copper one; Slade too, looks like a nice blend of the ice and bone sets for the walls. no so sure about the rose gold floors but the rest looks like it'd be great for a dwarven hotel that charges by the hour.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 187