Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866227 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 29th August - BONE/ICE SET!
« Reply #1695 on: September 06, 2018, 10:55:50 am »

The rose-gold set merges seamlessly with the gold set; my hope is that people use it for extra style, sparingly.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 06, 2018, 11:29:54 am »

I'm so importing this into my mod. *underworld drill intensifies*

The slade parts are great, I really like that there is big locks on the doors. :) The copper floor may use more neutral colors to make the furniture easier to see, it's a bit busy right now.

The rose gold floor are a big no. It would be nice to make it a garden decoration but with both plants on the floor, wall and item everything is eating each other. Perhaps simply having a rose plate with a floral pattern and keep the rose on the furniture ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1697 on: September 06, 2018, 11:53:47 am »

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.1

This update adds three new little features: Constructions and furniture for slade, for copper and for rose-gold. 96 new sprites in total.

Slade is a dark, demonic and somewhat sexy set, mostly aimed at the Succubus mod by Boltgun.

Copper is a steampunk-style set with cogs and gears.

Rose-Gold is the gold set decorated with roses. Don't murder me. :P

Any other requests in that line?

I'd next work on more unique corpses, bodyparts, remains and the like.

You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Not a request, but god damn is that a badass statue for the copper set.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 06, 2018, 12:14:56 pm »

I'll take on the role of villain:
1)Copper floor must be more darker - no contrast with furniture - yes pain for eyes.
2)Slade throne with peaks...it is very funny, good idea (not sarcasm), It is only necessary to make statues in the form of long cylinders with two balls in the base more stylistic beauty.
3)Rose gold - it's pinkish gold, it was possible to simply change the color of gold set, see pic. below. Not in dwarven style all these roses.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 06, 2018, 12:34:53 pm »

As you can see it gets quite busy
1)Copper floor must be more darker - no contrast with furniture - yes pain for eyes.
yeah, this. too bright :(
3)Rose gold - it's pinkish gold, it was possible to simply change the color of gold set, see pic. below. Not in dwarven style all these roses.
it's a joke, and used for artistic accents :)
also, rose floor should be darker too, or less roses, i dunno. right now it look like giant red mess imo and blends with items (maybe take gold floor tile and add rose on rhombus edge or something)
furniture is great tho
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:39:10 pm by Hommit »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

For the copper set, you can consider having a patina on construction tiles, where appropriate. Some green on there.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say put roses in each corner for the floor, and maybe one in the middle. Would work better with the rose flourish theme of the set I think.

For the copper set, I personally don't take issue, but I could see where others might. Not enough contrast on parts of the floor tile maybe.

Now that I look at the slade chair, I thought they were just grates for some reason  ::), though now that I look at it, that probably wouldn't be comfortable for sitting on. Maybe switch out the star on the table for a skull with a heart in the forehead and switch the star to the chair and see how it looks? Or not, your call.

I do a lot of drawing, so this is something I actually can provide something resembling useful input on, even if it's just the tables and chairs. :P

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

you got me curious on the succubus mod, but i can't get mousequery working properly on 44.12, so i will most likely not be able to use that aswell :(
i also forgot how to fix mousequery... i think it was just a fixed dfhack .plug.so somewhere on github though.
copypastinging the mousequery.plug.so from the 44.09 just doesnt work - saying it were written for another version of dfhack.
the only thing that doesnt work is the scrolling on screenborder when not in any dmode or lmode or qmode.
i'll post this in dfhack and twbt support threads, because i remember something about twbt having its own version of mousequery.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Using a blueish or cyanish gray for the copper set may fix a part of the contrast issue. With the walls and floors it looks very flat.

Using the darkening done on the hatchcover tile for the floor should also help. Dwarves have dirty boots and floors get dusty!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

As I said above, I darkened both the rose floor and the copper floor. The screenshots are old. ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not a request, but god damn is that a badass statue for the copper set.
Thank you, but it's a slighty altered statue from the old game Wild ARMs.

2)Slade throne with peaks...it is very funny, good idea (not sarcasm), It is only necessary to make statues in the form of long cylinders with two balls in the base more stylistic beauty.
1. Done.
2. Statues should like like giant penises?
3. I know, it's a joke.

For the copper set, you can consider having a patina on construction tiles, where appropriate. Some green on there.
Cool idea.

I fiddled around with so far unused things in TWBT: corpse parts, butchery products, refuse...

As you can see, brains, lungs, livers, hearts, etc work. But I can only get it to work with specific creatures, like "dog" or "cat", not in general. Might do it for all the domestic pets at least.

Refuse is somehow bugged, can't get skulls, skins, nervous tissue etc to show properly; but I managed to get randomly assigned sprites to work for bodyparts. No more copy-paste refuse stockpiles.

And more importantly, rotten meat looks rotten. :)

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

Good work, though I would prefer if (fat) globs were large round droplets or bead shaped. which also makes them look less like the other other yellow liquid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

While doing a little something for splint in the item files, I remembered that adding new food item types is really easy to do...

Here a quick mock-up using Neoriceisgood food sprites, which I put on wooden boards/plates to fit the current theme:

Dwarves would simply keep making prepared meals, but instead of "cookie, stew and roast" there'd be a few more types ingame. How about "Burger, Tart, Pie, Cake, Soap, Sish-Kebab, Donuts, Pancake, Wings, Fry, Balls, Wraps, Sandwich, etc" ? :)

They'd still have the same values, ingredients, etc. Doesn't change game balance in the slightest.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's actually pretty neat.

Of course this also means figuring out how in the world someone made a cake out of cow tallow, rutherer guts, and kangroo spleens, but hey. Details. :P
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 187