Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866240 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

You might actually be able to show different sprites depending on primary ingredient.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

And they are better than "fly brain & fly eye cookies", with no other ingredients? :P

Or a majestic roast of "mushroom, mushroom, mushroom, mushroom". :P

You might actually be able to show different sprites depending on primary ingredient.
I know, but with X meals and Y ingredients, that might be a few sprites more than I'd like. Lets say I do 30 meals X "every edible thing in the game"... :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

then do 3 meals * Number of ingredients :P

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, but with X meals and Y ingredients, that might be a few sprites more than I'd like.
Maybe some broad generic catergories? Like leaves, shrooms, meat, intencities, seeds, and whatever else

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile

I like the copper tileset too. You could probably re-color it for the varieties of brass as well since Brass is a pretty steampunkish metal too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I like the copper tileset too. You could probably re-color it for the varieties of brass as well since Brass is a pretty steampunkish metal too.
No need to recolor it; it gets color ingame.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.2 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 6th Sep - Bodyparts
« Reply #1716 on: September 14, 2018, 06:25:16 am »

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.2
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

A small, new update has arisen! Bodyparts from your butcher now have fitting sprites:
Eyes, guts, brain, stomach, heart, kidney, liver, nerves, spleen, meat, lungs, gizzard... even fat and tallow got new graphics.

As you can see, a rotten refuse-version also exists, making it easy to identify what causes all the miasma in your forts. Please excuse the maggots.

Last, but not least, I'm working on the look of refuse stockpiles. You can see a variety of different bodypart and corpse sprites, which will get assigned randomly to the fitting type. For example bird corpses take from the selection of 8 bird skeletons you see; below that are the canine corpses.

Apart from the addition of the new graphics, the tileset got a few under-the-hood upgrades:
 - Items graphics no longer get mixed up with modded items you might add. You can drag&drop as many mods in here as you like. (Splint, Boltgun, Smake... that's for you.)
 - Fixed a bug with wrong display of constructed walls, if they are next to other, unrevealed constructed walls. (Happens at fort reclaims or adv-mode. Thx clinodev.)
 - Plants designated to be gathered now correctly show their designations. (aka their background turns dark.)

That's it for now. I have several ideas for future additions, but wanted to wait for the feedback about this update. :)

Cheers,
Meph

PS: The bodyparts depend on the creature_material, so I have to add them for each individual creature. So far I've only added them to the domestic ones; since those are the ones you butcher the most.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.2 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 14th Sep - BODYPARTS!
« Reply #1717 on: September 14, 2018, 10:50:04 am »

I suspected a new update was coming out. If there's nothing coming for the foreseeable future, I suppose I'll have to get to work soon, eh?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 14, 2018, 10:51:36 am »

Hi, update your pack to latest version of my dwarves and goblins(.png and .txt).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1719 on: September 14, 2018, 01:34:33 pm »

Splint: I guess you do. :P

Vordak: Sure thing, will do on the next update. :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 14, 2018, 01:52:33 pm »

What exactly is planned? You've been updating pretty consistently every few days, which is part of why I haven't started the fort, just as a precaution. Anything major?

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 14, 2018, 02:31:39 pm »

ye masterwork df will get updated to latest

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1722 on: September 14, 2018, 04:55:11 pm »

What exactly is planned? You've been updating pretty consistently every few days, which is part of why I haven't started the fort, just as a precaution. Anything major?
Lots, I have an eternal to-do list. But nothing that should stop you from starting a fort, otherwise you never start.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 14, 2018, 07:35:56 pm »

Yeah, but it's like a new version of DF - will the new stuff you make always be save compatible? In all seriousness though, if there's no major material sets due anytime soon, I'll finish my drawings and hop to it soon enough.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1724 on: September 15, 2018, 04:39:42 am »

Depends on the update I make.

1. New twbt sprites, overrides, etc: Completely compatible.
2. Changes to existing raws, compatible, if you update your save manually.
3. Additions of new raws, incompatible; requires a new world-gen.

Changes to extras, like utilities, the launcher, etc should always be fine with older saves.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 187