Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866379 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.3 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 19th Sep - Variety & Boneset
« Reply #1770 on: September 19, 2018, 10:18:53 am »

Play on windows? :P

What does mousequery do anyway?

Edit: Mh... figured out a way to trick the game when it comes to blood spatters on walls:

(Edit2: Damn. that trick clashes with mining designations)
got to install win10. got a serial lately. still got to /dl the iso and prepare my data for migration.

that would look so awesome...
"designations, why u no work with that?!" :D
Sadly designations would also look like brown blood spatters. :/

On the other hand, I can do this: Mining designations... which show if its rock, ore or gem. Bit cheating I guess.

Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)

Edit2: Oh, and saguaros work... different design for trees :) Quick mock-up with the dokucraftdwarven cactus sprite.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:40:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1772 on: September 21, 2018, 02:23:24 am »

I went over the cavern design, tried to improve it a bit.

- Tree cap ramps (sides of giant mushrooms) now look like lots of smaller mushrooms on the side.
- Spore and fungiwoods now have two types of different shaded "leafs".
- Blood thorns and nether-caps/wood now have special trunks, showing brambles/ice.
- Floor mushrooms are a bit toned down for cavern 1
- Background of cavern plants now fits seamless into the cavern floor sprites. (Issue: Only works on one cavern at a time; I'm considering splitting/adding plants for each cavern individually)

Edit: Designations were on my list. Were.

Tree cutting

up/down stairs, up stairs, down stairs.
ramps, mining, channels.

Those are the designation icons; the actual stairs do not have the arrow.
(Edit: crap. The tile:88 for the up/down stairs is also the mouse-pointer and any other area-designation for constructions, like floors or walls or bridges. I'll have to scrap that.)

Edit3: And another thing that bothered me... when you designate tracks to be build or carved, it always used the default tiles from the main tileset... which don't look like tracks at all. I fixed that and added "unfinished tracks" as sprites:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:36:39 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 21, 2018, 02:54:55 pm »

Just as a heads up, it's a rather inconsequential thing, but the descriptor_color_standard file for the tileset is out of date - the color eggplant is MIA despite being a vanilla color.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 21, 2018, 11:29:19 pm »

Is there any way to import settings from one version to the next, the major downside i'm having with this compared to the masterwork launcher is having to many 6 or so screenshots of my settings and copy them in. If i'm missed out where this is located i'd be so happy for someone to point it it to me, otherwise it'd come as a highly requested feature.
LP'er

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.2 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 14th Sep - BODYPARTS!
« Reply #1775 on: September 22, 2018, 04:06:34 am »

I think this one looks the best personally. Having segmented squares with patterns inside really helps to tell it apart as a rug/carpet vs just weird red/color tile.

I agree that this floor rug is the best, but the wall-rugs on the north-south walls hurt my brain.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1776 on: September 22, 2018, 10:55:17 am »

I think this one looks the best personally. Having segmented squares with patterns inside really helps to tell it apart as a rug/carpet vs just weird red/color tile.

I agree that this floor rug is the best, but the wall-rugs on the north-south walls hurt my brain.
As I've said, I don't like them either, but I have no other option. :/

Is there any way to import settings from one version to the next, the major downside i'm having with this compared to the masterwork launcher is having to many 6 or so screenshots of my settings and copy them in. If i'm missed out where this is located i'd be so happy for someone to point it it to me, otherwise it'd come as a highly requested feature.
Highly requested... you are the first to ask. ^^ There was an option for saving settings in the MasterworkDFLauncher, but it was buggy, so it got removed.

Just as a heads up, it's a rather inconsequential thing, but the descriptor_color_standard file for the tileset is out of date - the color eggplant is MIA despite being a vanilla color.
Noted. Jecowa also told me months ago, but it really doesn't matter because it's only used in the eggplant plant, and I use a different color there, because it gets the color directly from the sprite.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 22, 2018, 03:42:02 pm »

New caverns looks very cool. Bright colors create a great atmosphere.
p.S. Update my dwarves and goblins)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1778 on: September 22, 2018, 04:08:57 pm »

New caverns looks very cool. Bright colors create a great atmosphere.
p.S. Update my dwarves and goblins)
Done.

And... wow! Just saw the changes you did to the constructions, furniture, etc. Every time you do stuff like that, I wonder why I made sprites in the first place. :D

Now I understand what you meant about the missing -top file for the _variety.png.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 22, 2018, 04:13:55 pm »

Me by the way very puzzled that for different materials in 3 types of stairs (_MDF_constructions) do not track the dependence in the columns).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1780 on: September 22, 2018, 04:33:22 pm »

Me by the way very puzzled that for different materials in 3 types of stairs (_MDF_constructions) do not track the dependence in the columns).
Sorry, I didn't quite understand that.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 22, 2018, 04:41:48 pm »

Sorry, I didn't quite understand that.
You have a clearly laid out template for the walls i.e in every row for a certain type of wall there will be one and the same horizontal coordinate - horizontal wall will always be below the horizontal wall, same for other types of walls.
But for stairs сlear structure is not traceable  - see rock, wood and silver stairs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1782 on: September 22, 2018, 04:47:57 pm »

Now I get it.

I made a mistake at one point and kept going, because I felt it was easier to move numbers around in a text file, than to move pixels around in an image file. That's all. No big plan behind it.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 23, 2018, 03:13:15 am »

As I've said, I don't like them either, but I have no other option. :/
it's very easy: the walls don't have perspective (no trapezial stretching) so the wallrug must not have them either.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.2 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 14th Sep - BODYPARTS!
« Reply #1784 on: September 23, 2018, 04:49:51 am »

You can embark on camps, sometimes you find "tents" with leather, cloth or silk walls.
Well, tents shouldn't  seamlessly combine with actual carpeted stone walls, besides afair you already made carpet decorations, no?
Is it possible to make somethng like
https://yandex.ru/images/search?text=юрта or
https://yandex.ru/images/search?text=чум ?
(damnit, the freaking forum garbles search text.  >:( you have to copy-paste acual link from text)
like, i dunno, upright poles with cloth "waves" sticked to it, or something

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 187