Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866188 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

then the latest downlaod may be corrupt?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mayhaps.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

then the latest downlaod may be corrupt?
erm i mean the file on the server.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The file on the server is fine, since this is the first report about TWBT not working from over 2500 downloads.

Edit: Wow, just figured out that I could fake see-through miasma/smoke/mist... at least for furniture and items. Not sure if I can get the color right, but don't you hate it, when a room/corridor is full of miasma and you can't see anything? Worth making a few sprites for that? ^^
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:16:17 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

definitely support the approach.

i am currently not using your pack - only installed the older version onto the Linux LNP - of course missing a few sprites and cool new features that way.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your post on reddit

My reply:

The invention of a simple bicycle by using parts of a excellent bike.

In general, I have a suggestion - I give you a dwarf pattern, you draw a set based on it, where to get beard patterns you know. The result will be two compatible sets of dwarves, one of which will be have your name.
Spoiler: dwarf pattern (click to show/hide)

p.S. Why my reply here? Because, I got a shadow ban on reddit (actually this was my first post there).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm not sure about your bicycle metaphor, but I'll keep it in mind. I wasn't going to redo all the dwarves/bears, that was just for fun. But the items are more interesting. Seems like most people prefer the large sprite version. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)

(...) Not sure if I can get the color right, but don't you hate it, when a room/corridor is full of miasma and you can't see anything? Worth making a few sprites for that? ^^

What is the maximum amount of layers we can have? Are things like that hitting performance badly?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:22:36 am by neobit »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's not about adding a new layer, I technically cheat.

I'd make a new item sprite that looks like "item + smoke/miasma" and override the smoke/miasma with that.

Shouldn't affect performance at all, except making saving/loading a tiny fraction slower, because it increases the filesize by a few KB. ;)

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)

It's not about adding a new layer, I technically cheat.

I'd make a new item sprite that looks like "item + smoke/miasma" and override the smoke/miasma with that.

Shouldn't affect performance at all, except making saving/loading a tiny fraction slower, because it increases the filesize by a few KB. ;)

Nice, looking forward to it.

It sounds like a lot of manual work though, but can be automated. If you haven't, think about doing that by script. With pngs should be pretty easy to do with Python or Photoshop.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 02:52:07 am by neobit »

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to turn off different wood colours?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is it possible to turn off different wood colours?
Only manually, in plant_standard.txt and plant_new_trees.txt. An easy workaround would be redirecting all wood types to one "standard wood". That's an easy mass find&replace. Open both files, search for "[TREE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD]" and replace with "[TREE:PLANT_MAT:tree-id:WOOD]" and all trees give you the same wood. For tree-id you can take any tree in the files... for example MAHOGANY should have a nice color. ;)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you sir! :D

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The file on the server is fine, since this is the first report about TWBT not working from over 2500 downloads.

Edit: Wow, just figured out that I could fake see-through miasma/smoke/mist... at least for furniture and items. Not sure if I can get the color right, but don't you hate it, when a room/corridor is full of miasma and you can't see anything? Worth making a few sprites for that? ^^

If you do the see-through mist, I can finally realise my fps-killing dream of a massive waterfall falling through the middle of my fortress through all the layers :D
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

If you do the see-through mist, I can finally realise my fps-killing dream of a massive waterfall falling through the middle of my fortress through all the layers :D
i built a fort under a 10zlevel waterfall and the meeting hall had fortifications towards the fall. it was amazing  as long as it lasted.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 187