Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866226 times)

thetj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Still appreciate your work immensely, I never knew how much of a nightmare assigning tiles to raws was. Truly an undertaking of utmost masochism.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm, for some reason the water in rivers doesn't look like on your preview. I don't see the flow animation or depth numbers.

EvilWaffleThing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Would this work alright with the current version of Masterwork or would it break everything?
Either way, great tileset. Reminds me a bit of LttP.

kekkres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how big an ask it is since I'm not a modder but would it be possible to incorporate the more meal variety mod from masterwork since it's only cosmetic anyway and having only 3 cooked dishes in all is a bit eh just on a cosmetic level, if not that's fine I just figured with the engraving expansion that such cosmetic adds would be a good fit

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm not sure how big an ask it is since I'm not a modder but would it be possible to incorporate the more meal variety mod from masterwork since it's only cosmetic anyway and having only 3 cooked dishes in all is a bit eh just on a cosmetic level, if not that's fine I just figured with the engraving expansion that such cosmetic adds would be a good fit
I have good news for you:

Another addition is new food. This is modded; but does not change game balance at all. Each prepared meal now has 6 new types each:
  - Easy: Mash, Soup, Pudding, Bread, Creme, Donuts.
  - Fine: Scewers, Rolls, Muffin, Dessert, Burger, Pasta.
  - Lavish: Cake, Pancakes, Ham, Balls, Ribs, Lasagna.

- Food sprites are taken from neoriceisgood set on deviantart.

It's already in the tileset. ;) Since version 4.3

Would this work alright with the current version of Masterwork or would it break everything?
Either way, great tileset. Reminds me a bit of LttP.
That would break everything, sorry.

Hm, for some reason the water in rivers doesn't look like on your preview. I don't see the flow animation or depth numbers.
The depth number you can toggle in the init or in dfhack. The animation requires "twbt redraw_all 1", or you need to open the launcher and click on the "animations" button on the first page. It's off by default, because it hurts FPS a bit (and some people report crashes, so quicksave and try it out. ;) )

Still appreciate your work immensely, I never knew how much of a nightmare assigning tiles to raws was. Truly an undertaking of utmost masochism.
Thank you. :) It's a bit of a mess, with over 5000 lines of code just to assign the new images.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats the weird part. i see the animation gor the stagnant pools, have the redraw iption on and also the animations in your launcher. But the rivers fail to display...

EDIT:
I'm currently working on a 3x2 workshop that needs to be placed above magma and takes empty, magma-safe carts and fills them with magma as part of an magma-defended fortress using parts of your tileset to style it and a custom magma-funnel tile. While doing so I noticed your art folder still contains a _MDF_ file for furnatures which leads to the tables and chairs not being transparent.

EDIT2:
Strange. On a different embark on a desert map the effect is now working again. BTW I saw there was an update to TWBT 6.55, can one easily copy it over the one in your launcher or is yours a special variant (I'm asking because there are two subfolders in dfhack containting copies of the twbt plugin which your launcher seem to exchange)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:25:44 am by Novaris »

McOrigin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded the latest pack (V4.4 - 44.12) and use it as it came. Look good, with one exception: Furniture has a black background instead of the constructed floor tile (or cavern floor). From what I know, twbt should allow transparent backgrounds of furniture.

It this a knows issue? Does anyone hava any idea how to fix this?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@McOrigin

rename the _MDF_furniture_bg.png in your arts subfolder to _Meph_furniture_bg.png (check the other meph files for the pattern if unclear) and restart the game. no new world necessary

McOrigin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Novaris Thank you so very much! That did the trick. So much better.

Tolfus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi there. I can't save a custom window-resolution in the init.txt-file. It is ignored by Meph :(
Anyone know a solution to this?

Link to imgur

LordSoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like the work you are doing here, Meph!
Makes the game so much more worthwhile.

But I am still missing the standardized materials feature from masterwork. :-)
It's tedious to scroll through all these leather and meat parts from animals I never see myself 😂
Curiously the last mod I found was from 2017 for the v43. xx. Seems everyone except me likes diversification so much  :D
Well for myself I would like an option for getting rid of it.

Any chance that it gets back to your project here?

I tried it Manually for myself but failed miserably  8)

Best regards and keep on!

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did it for spacefox but it's a real pain in the ass to do. Not compared to what Meph does though.. It only takes a few hours really maybe 4-10.. If you know what you are doing. Honestly its so much nicer when you have that, very few leather types for quivers or armor. That and leather gobs mod, which I think is already in here.(in mine at least :D) (40.12 and 40.24 accel versions) Spacefox 0.40.12 twbt accel It has cheats, though Idk how many hehe. Anyways its just a reference if you want to try it yourself. Spacefox 0.40.1x? Probably closest version or
Quote from: Had to quote this because of the info included with the link
Spacefox 0.40.14/15/16 twbt  Lazynewbpack doesn't transfer overides.txt to the main Dwarf Fortress 0.40.0#\data\init folder so you have to manually move that. It may now.

You can just use Winmerge to see the differences between the 2 folders. There should be no overly huge changes in the raws since then.. Not 100% sure though, I skipped from 41.00 to 44.00 ;o. (in the bodies at least.. not much popped up at me when I just checked file changes, I guess you could copy a body template or creature template from the old version into a new tab in notepad++ and compare the 2 and see if there's any difference before trying to accel if you plan to sloth)

Meph are you going to do a update soon? I'm pretty sure you're on a trip. But you said you fixed the compressed save issue in october and were going to update soon but were busy irl so had to put it off. We could at least fix the issue with the furniture but the compressed save issue...

@Tolfus Idk I looked and gave up, I saw no relation to the init and the size by looking back at old versions, so honestly gave up trying to change that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:45:03 am by LeoCean »

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/

Hi,

I'm a fake-noob (played for years, but with months or years inbtween each play).
I'm trying to use this tileset, but i have some issue it seems.

On my screen, it looks ugly, like this (screenshot) :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm on Linux with PyLNP

Any help welcome.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On my screen, it looks ugly, like this (screenshot) :
Describe in words what exactly you does not like.

In the pictures below is all same "ugly"?

Spoiler: pic 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: pic 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: pic 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: pic 4 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 12:34:03 pm by Vordak »

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/

Solved.

The uglyness was, according to my taste, mainly due to the text part.

It was an option to have simple text i didn't see.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 187