Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 871678 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So... how do you like shiny gems?

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

That's actually pretty neat. It's like they're screaming "mine me!"

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... how do you like shiny gems?
Looks great. I like it.

My first level of caverns.
Spoiler: 1-st cavern (click to show/hide)

It may seem that nothing has changed, but in fact there is a lot of work to bring everything to a single shade (not only for underground). All plant_.txt is changed.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a reminder to take a look at dry bones tiles which now are drawn in the same style as bodyparts although use different tiles.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:08:15 pm by falcn »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

falcn, I didn't forget. ;)

Ores: Random glow and steady/even glow:

It makes ore stand out a bit more.

Edit: Falcn, it doesn't work. Bodyparts and horn/hoof/etc still use the same sprites. The screenshot you send me on Reddit was of "misc corpses", which I use for monsters.
Vordak: Looks great. I've recently seen some terrain changes in your screenshots, grass, dirt, rocks... guess you are planning a larger update?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:54:13 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Everything seems to be working just fine. I'll give you guys some time to give me feedback on the animated gems/ores, then I'll make an update tomorrow. It will include:
 - Animated gems/ores. (Optional)
 - New unique paved roads for 25 materials.
 - Fix for the black background on furniture. (sorry for taking a while)
 - Barebones updates for the linux/mac people. :)

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Falcn, it doesn't work. Bodyparts and horn/hoof/etc still use the same sprites. The screenshot you send me on Reddit was of "misc corpses", which I use for monsters.
At least in my game nothing but horn/hoof/bones use these tiles. All bodyparts use different tile (same for every bodypart). Why have blood for dry bones if AFAIK these tiles are not used for anything but dry bones/hoofs/skulls?

Update: I was wrong. Found these tiles in caverns used for "crundle tail" etc. Still not happy, because things like "x skeleton" and "x partial skeleton" are bloody. Let me do some research and come back with actual tile numbers

BTW Vordak is right, something is wrong with marble hatches and doors.
This is marble door and marble coffer and cabinet

Update: commenting out their respective overrides makes them lose unique design, but returns their color to grey, which is not ideal but better that blue.
I suspect that this is a twbt problem, and there is no fix?

Update: copying tiles to _Meph_furniture-top.png makes fine white door and a hatch.
Here is a crude edit

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:00:21 am by falcn »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

del
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:59:45 pm by falcn »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It makes ore stand out a bit more.
New gems look fantastic! Their new look makes me want to set up gem industry.

Animated ores look gorgeous. They convey some sort of importance and value, which is good. I'm a little worried that it might be distracting on the big scale, but it's hard to tell for sure until I see them live.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:44:18 am by falcn »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Hell, I'm still having issues with wonky colors in general. For some reason my bronze statues are some shade of cyan, some of my wood is green, and my platinum is like... I dunno, a shade of tan or something.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope we don't overwhelm you with requests for fixes ;)
_Meph_furniture-top.png doesn't have sheets for beds made from cavern wood, which makes them look like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've edited my messages above :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:08:30 am by falcn »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Fixed the marble hatch, door and cavern wood bed -top files.

Splint, I stick with what I said before: Something off with your color file, resulting in a color shift for all things using the extended color palette.

Edit: Smoke/Miasma that shows items test, using picks:

I'll have to make 1-2 sprites of that for each possible item, so... possible, but a lot of work. But at least smoke or mist or miasma wouldnt automatically block all infos.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:08:05 am by Meph »

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Smoke/Miasma that shows items test, using picks:
I'll have to make 1-2 sprites of that for each possible item, so... possible, but a lot of work. But at least smoke or mist or miasma wouldnt automatically block all infos.
So this is not a transparency but a separate tile for each item that should be visible through miasma/smoke?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, just like the encased-in-ice and encased-in-obsidian sprites I made.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.5
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

This update fixes the black background of furniture; as well as a few color overlays for marble or cavern wood furniture.

It also adds animations to unmined gems and ores, to make them stand out more. This feature requires you to turn on animations in the launcher or type "twbt redraw_all 1" into the dfhack console. Just like magma and water animations. Since it might affect FPS, it is disabled by default.

The other big addition are sprites for roads. 25 new sprites, partly done by me, partly done by Vordak, are used as paved roads:

As you can see, the idea of different indoor styles is still flying around, with sandstone for an egypt-inspired design; cloth for carpets/tapestries; and maybe some viking dwarves. ;)

PS: Just noticed the download numbers. Wow, thanks for over 5000(!) downloads of the last version. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:35:53 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 187