Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866246 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Super dumb question.  If i add the tileset to LNP,  will it run with vanilla df? Askinc here as reading 134 pages seemed a bit much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You dont need the LNP. There is a custom LNP included.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You dont need the LNP. There is a custom LNP included.

I was thinking of putting it in so I could compare it in my two current forts, as opposed to starting a new one. That is why I was asking about dumping the tileset into LNP.  So is the prefered method to get your launcher and import my save folders to that?

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking of putting it in so I could compare it in my two current forts, as opposed to starting a new one. That is why I was asking about dumping the tileset into LNP.  So is the prefered method to get your launcher and import my save folders to that?
Changing tileset for existing save is a bit more complex than just copying the save folder. I see files belonging to a tileset inside my save.
Looks like wiki doesn't cover that topic.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tilesets#Installation

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I realized I was trying to open my save in MDF, not Meph Tielset... that was my problem.  I got it working, it was mildly janky, but mostly it worked enough for me to do what I wanted. 

The tilesets definitely looks really good for workshops.  I need to gen a world, as I caught some interesting things that I am not sure are visual artifacts or style choices and I want to make sure before I give some feedback.

Also, and I know this is probably a ridiculous ask, but as and end user I'd be far more likely to use your tileset/launcher if it also had the materials standardization and some other mods also available to play around with.

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)

Tested 4.6 with a save moved from a 4.5.

Launcher is still not saving/remembering some of the values: I have to set Varied Ground Tiles and hide dfhack every-time I launch the launcher.

Apart from that, save seems to be working fine (couple of hours of playing).

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where are the new workshops? I only have this:

This is the newest version, I generated a new world. Also the water animation is working on a brook, but there are no sparkles on gems or veins. Or rather, there are but they are not animated.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:14:16 pm by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

They're under furnaces, probably to reduce clutter in the workshop tab.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! Found them.

What about the gem/ore sparkles? Is there something I need to tick off for that to work? The brook works fine.

ALSO something's wrong with microcline. There's a pile of it lying in a stockpile next to my mason's workshop, but he claims he can't make any microcline items because he can't find any of this rock. Is it possible something went wrong with the overrides?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:44:31 pm by Mrok Girl »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Animations need to be on in the launcher far as I know, and many/most stones are considered "economic" now for use in the rockforge (same thing happens in Masterwork since rocks can be used for more than just regular crafting/building in it.) If it's uncommon or nonexistent locally, then it'll be ticked red by default under the stone tab from the z screen. Just scroll down and enable it for general use. Had to do that for the jet I brought for building furnaces.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Thanks! Found them.

What about the gem/ore sparkles? Is there something I need to tick off for that to work? The brook works fine.

ALSO something's wrong with microcline. There's a pile of it lying in a stockpile next to my mason's workshop, but he claims he can't make any microcline items because he can't find any of this rock. Is it possible something went wrong with the overrides?
is the workshop linked to any stockpile other than the one with the microcline? - its the typical problem when this occurs.

i had problems earlier installing the pack into my linuxLNP. some animations and some overrides are missing, but at least it works.
now that 44.12 has so many psycho-bugs, i rather stay with 44.09, but that also means i'll miss the new stuff of MDF :(
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

b0wd3n

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi there,
I am not totally sure, but it looks like your _Meph_plants.png is in some disorder?

The rows with the farmplot background and the transparent background are somewhat swapped, which gives me weird plants with farmplot background in stockpile graphics.

So I modified your version, which solves the problem for me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So is this a bug feature in the 4.6 or have I missed something?!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The animation for brooks is not active, it's just that the water is moving. Just like the gem/ore animation, you do need to turn "Animations" on in the launcher.

Microcline is most likely checked as economic.

Plant background is noted. Thanks. Certainly not intended.

The workshops are indeed furnaces and stored as such in the build menu.

If anyone copies saves created with other tilesets into this version, the result will look wonky and won't feature any decorational workshops. Best to gen a new world.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All is well. Microcline was indeed marked as economic in the stone stockpiles under [z], and the animations were off. Everything works now! Thank you :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Reworking floors/grasses a bit... what do you think about those caverns? It's still a lot of shrooms, but not as much in-your-face as before.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 187