Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872154 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I've installed the latest Meph Tileset Pack. There appear to be default settings in the pack that represent changes to the default behavior of DF, such as Aquifers being turned off, varied ground tiles being turned off, and so on. To be frank, there's a *lot* of settings, and because I'm relatively new to DF, I can't distinguish what settings are considered to be "vanilla" DF defaults.

Other than the 1-tile "decoration" workshops, I'd like some assurance that the rest of the settings hew pretty closely to how the game is configured when you download the vanilla version. Failing that, a delta of what settings have changed versus default DF would be appreciated.

Under Balance, you want combat trances, strange moods, and aquifers enabled. Under cheats, obviously everything disabled.

Additions: Disable Decorations, Engravings, and Revised.

Invaders: Disable everything.

Civs: Adjust human caravans to Early or Default, otherwise they'll likely turn up in the first summer before the first year dwarf caravan.

That should be damn-near vanilla, though note you'll need to make sure stones you want to use that aren't native to your embark aren't set to economic (under the stone tab in the z screen, simply make sur the stones you wanna use are green, not red)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

other than that its just cosmetic/ease of use and is not contradicting to the wiki and/or tutorials, so it should be safe to use the pack and follow instructions on how to play the game.

i'm still watching this thread loathing my own incapability to use the 44.12 stuff on my 44.09 LinuxLNP *grumble*
keep up the good work, Meph!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Pvt. Pirate: Copy over data/art and data/init/overrides.txt and you should get most features on linux too.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.7 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 1st Feb - New Poll! Worldmap
« Reply #1983 on: February 05, 2019, 07:19:19 pm »

Added a little poll about the worldmap set. Please vote. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Pvt. Pirate: Copy over data/art and data/init/overrides.txt and you should get most features on linux too.
did that before and some overrides just didn't work as in the screens of everyone else. also it will do stuff with the raws that contradict stuff from the LNP.
also breaks old savegames for me.
will make a backup and try it with the latest.

EDIT
Just realized i copied the whole init folder and raw folder too  :-\ *facepalm*

EDIT
i just copied the data/art and data/init/overrides.txt and this is what happens:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:05:02 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That's odd. Nothing should be able to interfere with TWBT and the overrides file. The spiderweb tile is hardcoded, 15. Maybe it's a linux specific lower-case/upper-case issue?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

please tell me it's not dependant on the keyboard-layout or language specific utf-Layout.
although it shouldn't be able to interfere there too, because i got systemwide settings to english-US and only the keyboardlayout is set to german, because it would otherwise fuckup everything as i have a german keyboard.

also i created a new world after installing the pack, so it can't be because of an old savegame.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's not keyboard specific.

The only thing I can think of is that linux TWBT in the LNP is outdated and doesn't feature the material-specific overrides that the current win TWBT has. Because the spiderwebs that look like gems are correct, in so far that tile 15 is overwritten with a gem... but that should only happen for IS_GEM; while CREATURE_MAT:SILK should overwrite the same tile with webs.

I can't test this on my win machine. :/

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

well, it worked when i used your 44.09 (and even 44.10) release installed into the 44.09 LinuxLNP.
hmmm. it's strange.
although i didn't see any special animated stuff then.

Shepherd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Just started using your launcher and I love it. Great work! I've only had two issues so far: My plus key doesn't work as expected. '-' goes backward in a list as expected but to get '+' to move forward in a list I have to hold shift. It's really obnoxious hahaha. Also, alt+w doesn't bring up any Workflow for me. :[   I tried manually enabling Workflow in DFHack, and it says it's enabled, but I get no response out of alt-w when used at a crafting station. Appreciate any help you could send my way!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Just started using your launcher and I love it. Great work! I've only had two issues so far: My plus key doesn't work as expected. '-' goes backward in a list as expected but to get '+' to move forward in a list I have to hold shift. It's really obnoxious hahaha. Also, alt+w doesn't bring up any Workflow for me. :[   I tried manually enabling Workflow in DFHack, and it says it's enabled, but I get no response out of alt-w when used at a crafting station. Appreciate any help you could send my way!
are you sure you selected the correct keyboardprofile?
at least in the LNPs there are different ones for PC and Laptop and even some that change mousewheel from zoom to selecting z-layer.

Shepherd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'll check for that next time I'm home, I'm out on a business trip. Thanks though! I found it really weird that I had to hold shit for + but not -. Haha

Giant Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to not have all those stones listed as economic (and still have this feature working)?
Nope, that's just how DF works.
Ah, ok. Sad.

But is it possible for you to change it in a way, that the non-economic stone is non-economic, when this feature is turned off?
Because I didn't enable this feature, but it still lists almost all stones as economic now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is there a way to not have all those stones listed as economic (and still have this feature working)?
Nope, that's just how DF works.
Ah, ok. Sad.

But is it possible for you to change it in a way, that the non-economic stone is non-economic, when this feature is turned off?
Because I didn't enable this feature, but it still lists almost all stones as economic now.
The way it currently works is this:
 - Disabling the feature removes the reaction from your civ, but the reaction still exists. (deep down DF knows that stone can be used in it, hence it's economic)

I could change the launcher to remove the entire reaction too. It's just a few extra lines, which would fix your issue. Btw, you can do that yourself by just deleting reaction_meph, reaction_brickoven and reaction_crematory. Those contain all the custom reactions that the tileset adds. Of course you should keep everything turned off in the launcher, otherwise it will throw a lot of error messages.

Giant Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot!
I will try that out.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 187