Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866316 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V4.8
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

Another update, another material set. Now, this might sound crazy, but... hear me out! What if... what if... you couldmake blocks/furniture out of sand? Good old self-made sandstone. A kiln could do that. Why not?

So... now it can.

Egyptian-themed sand furniture/constructions. :) Of course optional, tied to other decorational additions. I also fiddled a bit around in the raws, if you deactivate the new decorational workshops, stone should be non-economic again.

Hope you enjoy. :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:38:15 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V4.8 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 16st Feb - Sand Set
« Reply #1996 on: February 17, 2019, 07:27:26 am »

so you mean you added new reactions to the kiln to create sandstone block manually?

---

so trying to install it onto 44.12 LinuxLNP now.
so from where do i take the data/art and data/init/overrides.txt ?
i took them from the preinstalled gamefolder and it looks like it should.
so far the typical mousequery edge problem with no scrolling on lower and right corner of the screen keeps me from playing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:30:55 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1997 on: February 17, 2019, 10:56:25 am »

Almost. I added a reaction to the kiln to "form items with sand"; using the actual sand, sand_yellow, sand_white, sand_red and sand_black. I wanted to avoid forcing the style on people that just use regular old sandstone that appears naturally.

You collect sand, use a bag of sand to make blocks or furniture. :)

What do you mean about the files? You already seem to know exactly where they are. ;)

No idea about mousequery. You... scroll with the mouse?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 17, 2019, 05:03:26 pm »

i mean the moving the viewscreen around by moving the mosue near the edges.
it works in 44.09 and it doesn't in 44.12. the problem exists for a while now and i remember it also was present on windows (i also had the problem before i switched to linux).
back then (44.09) it was fixable by downloading a different version of twbt from github. ever since twbt was merged into dfhack, that fixed version has been abandoned.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1999 on: February 18, 2019, 12:01:19 am »

Ah, so that was why Mifki always included a separate mousequery plugin. Never knew what it did exactly.

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: February 18, 2019, 12:49:56 pm »

Does this include the full version of Revised? It seems like I'm having trouble seeing any of the armour options it adds.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 18, 2019, 02:02:37 pm »

Ah, so that was why Mifki always included a separate mousequery plugin. Never knew what it did exactly.
seems so. anyway the fixed version was nowhere to be found by me, so i have to stick with 44.09 some more...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 18, 2019, 02:17:39 pm »

I blame my fondness for the bronze age as a historical thing for an increasing urge to use just the sand set (what with Egypt being one of the four biggest powers in the Bronze Age middle/near east before the collapse.) Dunno why.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 19, 2019, 03:54:05 am »

I blame my fondness for the bronze age as a historical thing for an increasing urge to use just the sand set (what with Egypt being one of the four biggest powers in the Bronze Age middle/near east before the collapse.) Dunno why.
i blame my enthusiansm for the medieval ages for the many fortresses that denied the fact that in medieval ages, they would've built their fortresses like bunkers if they had to withstand the many mystical beasts that live in DF.

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:44 am »

Meph's been yelling at me to post problems I have in the tileset subsection, but it says in the guidelines to put all questions in DF modding, so I assume I'm meant to put it here? Regardless, is there any plan in the works to allow for playing other races in broad capacity (ability to train beakdogs & trolls into war or hunting beakdogs and trolls respectively, have goblin administrators, etc) to the same degree as the All Races Playable mod? I've been playing Meph's tileset & utilities for a short while now n' while it's fantastic for Dwarves, it's somewhat nonfunctional for goblins, the race I really would like to give a crack at. Thanks for the continued correspondence, Meph, and keep up the good work!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2005 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:52 am »

The idea to flesh out the other races, at least at the most basic level, has been at the back of my head for quite a while. But this is first and foremost a tileset; even the modded additions are just to enable more sprites. Once I start modding the other races, it starts to affect game balance. I'm trying to avoid that.

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 20, 2019, 03:57:31 pm »

Not that I want to impart other work on you or make you do something you don't want to and/or have the time to do, but I think it'd be nice if, instead of integrating it into your default tileset and making it a part of the overall thing, just add a little submod or something that would, while affecting the balance of the game, also make it so other races would be viable to use? Kinda like how you've integrated Vordak's dwarf skins whilst also keeping your own as a setting. I'm not sure how much effort that would take, as I'm not well versed in what DF modding is like, so I completely understand if you wouldn't want to do that for various reasons, but it'd be nice! Also, thanks for the really cool pack, this'd be a nightmare to put together all by itself.

BlightTrain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: February 20, 2019, 10:52:42 pm »

Love the tile-set, sexy as hell, especially the new Egyptian-themed one, I might have to redecorate the inside of my fort if it doesn't go to hell before I can figure out if it's save compatible.

Have a few questions:

1) When I tried making Adamantine floors/walls/doors/tables/chairs/etc to see how they look in-game, out of Adamantine Wafers if it matters, the graphics were that of your normal Metal set, not your custom Adamantine one pictured in the OP, which I do also see in data\art\_Meph_constructions.png
I would post a screen shot but that fortress experienced a bit of fun that not spending Adamantine on walls and floors could have solved.
I did also manage to find the data\init\overrides.txt which references the .png and has what look like entries for the other material set types, but I couldn't find any for Adamantine.
Now I'm completely new to using mods so although I was able to find those files in the data\art and data\init directories I know precisely as much about modding and understanding anything related to modding as a dwarven child knows about doing things other than breaking out of my fortifications and charging undead hordes with nothing other than their tiny little bearded fists and getting themselves killed as if merely pretending to be a ghost haunting my fortress while they play make believe and drinking all my alcohol isn't bloody good enough for them anymore.
So either I'm doing something horribly brain-dead wrong, which is more than likely since I always do my best to match drinks with my dwarves while I play for maximum dwarven fortress overseer immersion, or those Adamantine constructions took after those dwarven children and somehow disappeared from the files at some point, and no one noticed because no one has as of yet been insane enough to actually blow their precious Adamantine on building walls and floors.

2) Aside from having the Varied Statues checked, which was enabled by default, is there something else I have to do to get them in-game?
I've only tried building statues with Gold so far but they came out looking as they do in data\art\_Meph_furniture-top.png

3) I'm also trying out the included Fortress Defense mod, so far I've seen the Raptormen, Frogmen, and White Tigermen.
The Frogmen and Tigermen had their graphics working as far as I could tell, but the Raptormen appeared as some grey open hand image (not the purple undead hand with the grave) I tracked down to the data\art\_Meph_32x32.png file, it's the 6th from the top and 3rd from the left if my alcohol-addled mind has somehow managed to count correctly, right above the monkey.
I'm using the Vordak's Dwarves which is enabled by default if it matters.
I don't have a bloody clue what that hand icon is supposed to indicate so maybe I'm insane and it was working correctly because the Raptormen just really like waving at me while they free my children from their terrible misery of only pretending to be ghosts.
Thank you very good Raptormen maybe now my adults who occasionally stop partying long enough to do an entire half of an hour of work every bloody month will stop complaining about the lack of alcohol while they come to my office and complain that no one has mined out their bloody bedrooms right next to my strategically placed stockpile with no less than one pick for every single dwarf in the fortress with mining enabled which is every single one of those lazy bastards.
I'm considering performing a little self therapy by letting our Lord and Savior Armok take them in the first of many sacrifices to build and consecrate an all new fortress out of the glorious new sand tile-set.

4) Speaking of enabling labors and therapy, the included Dwarf Therapist is telling me version 41.0.3 is available, and it was easy enough to download and replace in the utilities folder, just thought I'd give you a little heads up in case you feel like including the updated one in your next release. https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/tag/v41.0.3
5) More on the included utilities, two of them, "Announce" and "DFMon", won't launch from your launcher.
With Armok's blessing I think I have managed to divine that "Announce" is the "Announcement Window" in the utilities folder, and it works if you run the .exe from the there, but if you run it from your launcher it gives the message:
"An error has occurred. Please see the created ERRORLOG.txt file and email it to dfstorymaker@gmail.com, or let TheGazelle (either on Reddit or the Bay12 forums) know about its contents so he can fix it."
I have a sneaking suspicion some certain pip-squeak ghosts have found their way into your launcher's shortcut pathing on their path to hell and have decided to take up residence and spend their time making stories about punching undead in their eternal quest to play make believe.
I'm about to make a story about what happens to drunk freeloading dwarven fortress rats who don't stop haunting my bloody Announcement Window.

"DFMon" I couldn't find in the utilities folder.
I tried downloading it separately from http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7946 and put the "DFMon V0.9" folder in your utilities folder and the launcher miraculously managed to launch it, but it gave me some error log that my brain cell deficient skull has no hope in hell of deciphering aside from some little "A 32 bit processes cannot access modules of a 64 bit process." comment.
Launching it from it's own .exe in the utilities folder returned the same error.
It's beginning to dawn on me that maybe this program which was last updated 6 years ago may perhaps be too outdated to work with the current build of Dwarf Fortress.
Or that like with most other things in life I am spectacularly failing to see something directly in front of my face.
If it really is obsolete I see you've got more than 18 utilities included in there, and 11 shortcut spots on the launcher, could grace one of those other utilities with that shortcut slot.
I had no idea any of those other utilities were even packaged with this until I tried to figure out why those two weren't launching.

Thanks for putting together this tile-set and giving it a whole launcher, I tried the LNP first and wanted to use your tile-set but it was only partially in there, and I couldn't tell my hand from my ass when I tried to get your updated set installed in there.
It's even got the Fortress Defense mod with my new favorite baby-sitters the Raptormen of the Grey Hand which I wouldn't have even known about if I used the LNP.

Cheers for making it

Not that I want to impart other work on you or make you do something you don't want to and/or have the time to do, but I think it'd be nice if, instead of integrating it into your default tileset and making it a part of the overall thing, just add a little submod or something that would, while affecting the balance of the game, also make it so other races would be viable to use? Kinda like how you've integrated Vordak's dwarf skins whilst also keeping your own as a setting. I'm not sure how much effort that would take, as I'm not well versed in what DF modding is like, so I completely understand if you wouldn't want to do that for various reasons, but it'd be nice! Also, thanks for the really cool pack, this'd be a nightmare to put together all by itself.

Friend has Meph got a mod for you: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.0

Although goblins aren't in yet they're on the TO-DO list
- Playable goblins, dark fortresses with dungeons full of slaves."
but you could try out the other races (Kobolds, Orcs, Humans, Succubi) or the fleshed out Dwarves while you wait
I haven't tried it out myself yet since I still need more experience with vanilla DF before I venture in, but I had a look at some of the mod files
The races even have their own unique toys to make and play with
From the item_toy.txt, here's the ones for the Succubi
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_HANDCUFFS]
[NAME:handcuff:handcuffs]
[HARD_MAT]

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_BLINDFOLD]
[NAME:blindfold:blindfolds]
[HARD_MAT]

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_FLOGGING_WHIP]
[NAME:flogging whip:flogging whips]
[HARD_MAT]
I'm about to throw that part in to my game for all those intoxicated children infecting my fort
Let's see those bastard freeloaders try to drink my fortress dry when they're blind, flogged, and cuffed to a stone fall trap

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:30 pm »

Don't be sure someone would have noticed, the alpaca or something like it was the wrong tile in space fox for over a year before someone noticed. You can't start with Adamantine floors.(Well you could if you made modifications or cheated it in with dfhack, that and I think train tracks were opposite of what they should have been, but they were used.)

You can make it so dwarven children grow up within a year to adult form,(you can set their size for each year of growth) instead of being small babies. Just pretend they are like the amazons and made of clay, the dwarves make new ones in their workshops..(just an option)

(Do new items even apply to old saves? I know there's a script you can run to inject raws to a ongoing game, but I forget what its called but from what I remember to add new things without it, it'd require a new game. So if you really want to test if there's actually floors just do a quick new small map, add adaminite wafers cheat by typing dwarf fortress cheats into google and add those reactions)

BlightTrain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 21, 2019, 12:42:39 am »

So if you really want to test if there's actually floors just do a quick new small map, add adaminite wafers cheat by typing dwarf fortress cheats into google and add those reactions
Alright it looks like we don't need reaction modding to test, all we have to do is use this DFHack command: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/Utility:DFHack/createitem
createitem [Item token] [Material] [Quantity (optional)]
So if I'm doing this right
createitem BAR INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 200
createitem ARMORSTAND INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem BOX INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem BED INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem CABINET INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem CHAIR INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem DOOR INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem STATUE INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem TABLE INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2
createitem WEAPONRACK INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 2

There we are, 130 Adamantine Wafers to make enough walls, floors, and ceiling for that little room if that bookkeeper sitting there was sober enough to count correctly.
This is a adamatine statue of a devil of coal. The item is an image of a devil of coal in adamantine.
The circus is going to pay me a visit for this.

You can make it so dwarven children grow up within a year to adult form,(you can set their size for each year of growth) instead of being small babies. Just pretend they are like the amazons and made of clay, the dwarves make new ones in their workshops..(just an option)
I tried that before, hit the Faster Adults in the launcher then traced the change to \raw\objects\creature_standard.txt [CHILD:12] under [CREATURE:DWARF] and changed it to [CHILD:2]
Problem was they would still Play Make Believe when idle under the age of 12, so although they would build constructions, they would just stand there playing after they completed it, so if they decided to stand where something else needed to be constructed, a very necessary wall for example, it would never happen because Urist McAboutToGetEatenByAForgottenBeast cancelled construction because error creature aka idiot child in the way.
And children who play make believe never go to meeting areas in my experience, they will only stand in one place playing until it's a brilliant time to eat, sleep, and drink my barrels dry.
So they actually sent that fort to circus in that regard.
But as I stated before: I can't tell my hand from my ass when it comes to modding yet,
(Do new items even apply to old saves? I know there's a script you can run to inject raws to a ongoing game, but I forget what its called but from what I remember to add new things without it, it'd require a new game.
So I wonder if I even knew to start a new game after I changed it
Either way kids are worse than clowns.  I wish I could chain them up at my entrance as watch dogs to bark the Kobolds away, and use my actual dogs for other things
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:47:08 am by BlightTrain »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 187