Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 872946 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I might be a bit too tall to pass as a dwarf. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know how old your Revised option is, but my current release is IMO a (comparably) good time to update things. I'm mostly done with the descriptions and I'm avoiding editing the comments, so the diff between this version and whatever my next version is should be comparably small.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I don't know how old your Revised option is, but my current release is IMO a (comparably) good time to update things. I'm mostly done with the descriptions and I'm avoiding editing the comments, so the diff between this version and whatever my next version is should be comparably small.
Oh yeah, that's something I could do. :) Thanks for the heads up.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Since I plan on using the revised option, I'll be hoping that the differences aren't super massive.

Once I iron out what exactly I'm going to do for the fort beyond building, a fort should be up soon enough.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just so you know: I've been working both on this and the other 32x tileset for almost half a year, knowing fully well that this version will become obsolete.

So. There is that. ^^

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)

Congrats, Meph!

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you really doing it for steam? (btw, did not like screenshots there)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, that's something I could do. :) Thanks for the heads up.

"Revised option"? I'm confused... Does the "Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities" package include Revised as an option that can be turned on or off? Is Revised included in this package, but integrated in a way we can't disable? Is there a separate download for a version of Meph Tileset combined with Revised?

On the DFFD download page, the description does say that it includes "a few minor mods" (among other things). But it did not mention Revised by name. Nor can I find mention of Revised in the forum's OP.

I've looked inside and searched the package files, but I can not find a folder named "Revised" or a Revised readme. Though, I did notice some extra files in the \raws\, such as body_default_revised.txt and body_revised.txt. And I noticed references to "revised" in various files, including overrides.txt.

(I'm asking as someone who would appreciate a package with Meph Tileset + Revised combined.)

Also, just to clarify: I would assume that the "Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities" package has not yet been updated with the latest Revised changes? DFFD says it was last updated "Mar 12, 2019, 03:23:29 pm", whereas Meph's reply above was time stamped March 12, 2019, 01:17:20 pm. But that does not seem like enough time. And the version is still 5.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:02:36 pm by Thundercraft »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Revised is under "additions," already baked in and toggleable with the launcher.

Minor bug, under the forming sand section. Refers to shaping clay, not sand.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Revised is under "additions," already baked in and toggleable with the launcher.

This is a surprise to me. Like I said, there is no mention of "Revised" in the description, either on the DFFD page or the forum OP.

Is there some place in the package files where I can find the Revised files so that I could either update them or modify them myself? The only other set of raws that I could find are located in \Dwarf Fortress\hack\Utilities\MWE\raws\ ... What does "MWE" stand for?

P.S.: I noticed that there are dozens of "thumb.db" files (Explorer's image cache files, technically a system file, some hidden and some not) wasting space in the package. In total, they waste over 8 MB.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Revised was requested a couple of times and Taffer was kind enough to allow me to put it in. As splint said, you can toggle it on in the launcher. It's not the most up to date version of Revised, since I haven't touched that part for a while.

The raws you found are just included in dfhack, unrelated to the tileset.

The revised changes are integrated into the actual raws that Df uses, just commented out if the mod is turned off.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

He. I know what type of walls I'll be using in my (non-steam) tileset, once the new graphic API works:

(so much space)

Or maybe rather:

(Zelda:Link to the Past vibe)

Sooooo many options. :D This is amazing. (Sorry guys, I realized just now that this is possible.)

Sprites by the fantastic Redshrike from OpenGameArt: https://opengameart.org/users/redshrike

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

definitely rather the first than the latter.
in the first, you'd have to make the walls less wide (left-right).
but in the latter, the perspectives of adjacent rooms would really make your head go mad.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mh, I wanted to say that Nintendo did just fine with that style, but it turns out that they only ever show one room at a time. ^^

Why less wide? Did you mean less high?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

i mean they will be one tile wide, right?
otherwise you'd have them look thin but stil ltaking one full tile, adding space between the wall and furniture, maing small rooms look strange.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 187