Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866283 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

add only the graphics - no overrides at all. no raws. and don't take a save from an old version to a new version. just copy in the new graphics and change your d_init.txt and init.txt to use the new textures.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner

add only the graphics - no overrides at all. no raws. and don't take a save from an old version to a new version. just copy in the new graphics and change your d_init.txt and init.txt to use the new textures.

Well, removing data\init\overrides.txt and all files from raw\objects did seem to work.  I added the finished product into my PyLNP launcher and it seems to integrate into my existing save games okay.  Thanks for the help!  :)

EDIT:
Stunning graphics set, Meph.  I look forward to seeing your work on the Steam release!  :)

EDIT2:
So, it looks like you can use the overrides as long as you comment out everything with the word "custom" in it and also the bone set.  You also have to remove some of the files in raw\objects to avoid the customizations of certain game options.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:24:54 am by SedrynTyros »
Addendum to PeridexisErrant’s DF Walkthrough, based on v40.24:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObFaFWdTBm8sUDbSyLwJhByJ8UTAlw3K

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1DNngwQZzYD2pZg2RuubEYytEo_8rp4

DanceMachine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Got my question answered, seems that upstairs block carved downstairs.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 12:07:50 am by DanceMachine »

Etarnalazure

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Meph,

I'd like to thank you quite a bit for this tileset, I've been wanting to get into Dwarf Fortress for years, however, its always been close to impossible for me to do so.

Unfortunately I suffer from ADD (ADHD without the hyper part), thus concentrating on learning the game has been a large hurdle for me, as the ASCII caused me
a lot of issues, mainly related to concentration, its hard to explain, but the ASCII graphics just made the game seem insurmountable to learn, I've tried over and over
for years, and even with pills helping with my focus I've never managed to get into it, hell I often found it problematic just to get started with the Lazy Newbie pack, as I
frankly didnt know what to choose, what graphics were up today, what to expect etc.

Your pack made all this a lot simpler to understand, the game still isnt easy to learn for me, but frankly, its become about 50% easier to focus on learning the game, even
managed to get a small camp started yesterday.

So once more, thank you for helping me get into this game.

soulside86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey Meph

Not sure if I'm missing something with your launcher but how do I get the utilities to auto-run when I hit "Play Dwarf Fortress"?

i.e. have SoundCenSe start when I start Dwarf Fortress

Thanks

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting a weird bug trying to play this in vanilla lazie noob pack. Everything looks great when I load in but as soon as the game loads the next chunk, about half of the tiles turn to something random.

Ex.

good: https://i.imgur.com/sDcVC4c.png

bad: https://i.imgur.com/bdnEWjB.png

as you can see, the slopes changed to sprites and random leaves changed to random other tiles. It reverts to normal again after travelling until it has to load a new chunk. Whats wrong?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:07:50 pm by alphawolf29 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Getting a weird bug trying to play this in vanilla lazie noob pack. Everything looks great when I load in but as soon as the game loads the next chunk, about half of the tiles turn to something random.

Ex.

as you can see, the slopes changed to sprites and random leaves changed to random other tiles. It reverts to normal again after travelling until it has to load a new chunk. Whats wrong?

That looks like Adventure Mode, which the tileset wasn't really made for (it can work, but you need to save and load often, that bug usually heralds an imminent crash while playing Adventure.) Very crash prone in that mode as well.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Ex.

That looks like Adventure Mode, which the tileset wasn't really made for (it can work, but you need to save and load often, that bug usually heralds an imminent crash while playing Adventure.) Very crash prone in that mode as well.
adv mode has many problems with twbt and this tileset relies on twbt.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey, it's been a while since the last update on this set. Any requests by now, ideas for the future, bugs? (apart from the adv mode stuff that I couldn't fix)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Okay, so.

Campfire
Danger to the worker, they fail to path out of the smoke without teleportation on, and on at least one occasion failed to do so even with it.
Dead bodies piled on it fail to ignite half the time. Since that's the only use I personally even have for it, this is... Less than optimal, shall we say.

Basically too dangerous to the worker to use. Doesn't fill any useful function. Unless those can be reasonably fixed (which they might not for all I know,) it may as well just be rolled into the light decoration.

Crematorium
Body parts - works fine, but needs a warning that it also takes useful shit like wool and shells if there isn't one already. Shouldn't need stockpiling before anyone says that. Stockpiling body parts
 makes it functionally on the same level as chucking the offending bits in a ditch because the haulers will get traumatized for life either way.
Doesn't burn corpses - Disappointing, and was the main thing I personally would have needed such a building for, along with the body parts. If there's some issue preventing that, that's fine, but it's one of the two thing it'd be really, really needed for.
Remaining functionality - Vermin disposal aside, the rest of it just seems... Superfluous, and that's saying something considering the nature of the mod. I dunno if anyone else does, but I've never made use of the "burn clothes/furniture" reactions. It's more useful to sell trash furniture and clothes than burn it and by the time people tend to get to the "just burn everything up" stage of things, they have magma and thus don't need this functionality.

May have come off as harsh, but these two things basically just don't do half of what they'd actually be needed for, and one of them is an active detriment.

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

Is Vordak still working on his graphics?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vordak locked his thread the day the Steam announcement was made, since then he posted one picture to reddit. He didn't answer my PMs. So... I don't know.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vordak locked his thread the day the Steam announcement was made, since then he posted one picture to reddit. He didn't answer my PMs. So... I don't know.

Maybe he works secretly

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile

Oh no! I hope he comes back to it, he might just be burnt out though. It'd be nice if someone took over his tileset n continued the style with the humans & elves, I really like his work.

Maybe he works secretly

maybe but he might just be burned out. We can only hope for the best!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5.1
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

Hey everyone,

A small, rather random update thanks to user brolol.404 (a nick that truly subverts expectations), who made a very thorough mod adding 33 different dog breeds to the game. He asked me to create sprites for them, since he wanted to play them with the tileset. So I did. :) I think it adds a lot of character to your pets and dwarves; from the hero combatant with war-bulldogs to the eccentric queen with corgis.

The tileset now includes an optional addition: 33 new domestic pets in form of different dog breeds. Anything from Akita over Schnauzer to Husky, Dachshund or Mastiff. You can disable them the same way you disable any other decoration, in the launcher.

For full info on all the dogs, see this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can find the standalone mod here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173871.0

Hope you enjoy,
Cheers Meph

*hurries back to the official tileset... ^^
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 187