Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 871852 times)

boogis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey guys I have a problem here. when I use meph launcher I don't have soundsense working so I don't have sound (even in game sound option its not available). But when I use lazy newb launcher sound work just fine but in game I have fish tile instead of grass. Neither of these make me happy in discovering this wonderful game and I don't wanna use other tileset I just very much  like this one. can you please help me?

(I launch SS before game)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tables and chairs already have the option to be build with fancy graphics: benches and banquet tables. It's a bit more work, but looks awesome. 😊
Fantastic!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Hey guys I have a problem here. when I use meph launcher I don't have soundsense working so I don't have sound (even in game sound option its not available). But when I use lazy newb launcher sound work just fine but in game I have fish tile instead of grass. Neither of these make me happy in discovering this wonderful game and I don't wanna use other tileset I just very much  like this one. can you please help me?

(I launch SS before game)
did you move the folder after directing SS to the gamelog.txt?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can i use Vodak dwarves with latest version? And how can i do it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Boogie: check if sound is turned off in the launcher. It's the default setting. ^^

Heretic: vordak dwarves are the ones you start with. They come preinstalled. ☺️
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Svers mod seems to include... a lot... more than just extra weapons and armor. That might be a little bit more work-intensive than I thought. ^^

Especially the changes to existing vanilla DF content are troublesome. I don't mind adding more items, but altering existing ones is something else. :/
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Hello. I have a tangentially related question, in that I users of this tileset might know.

Looking at the overrides.txt in linux version it seems it wasn't, but asking just in case:

Was a fix found for conflict between blood splatters on walls/mining designations/mineral tiles/unrevealed areas?

(By fix, I mean settings so that designations wouldn't be able to reveal things about hidden tiles while blood splatters wouldn't make walls look like mining designations.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No. No fix possible with current twbt, but I already mentioned that little issue to tarn. Blood spatters in future versions get their own sprites.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Ah well, thank you and excellent.

Guess I'd need to be change I wish to see.

E: Well that was easy. Wonder why it wasn't done by default, performance?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:47:36 pm by Fleeting Frames »

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Meph, this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it. Is this version of the pack (somehow) compatible with Masterwork? I love the current look of yours and vordak dwarves but I'd be hard pressed to give up the masterwork features.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nope, merging this with masterwork df could cause all sorts of issues, since the mod runs on multiple sets of raws for the 20+ tilesets included. :/

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, merging this with masterwork df could cause all sorts of issues, since the mod runs on multiple sets of raws for the 20+ tilesets included. :/

Ah damn. Is a tileset compatibility/update planned? Or should I stop holding my breath and wait for someone to masterwork the steam release.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm holding back on adding this tileset to Masterwork DF, because I want to release it for Steam, with the nice, official tileset. It would be a bit pointless to do the work twice.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile

Hi Meph.

I was wanting to port across some new gemstones I made for Dwarf Fortress to use your graphics pack/tileset. However I noticed that your gem raws use a different system to define a DISPLAY_COLOR. Regular Dwarf Fortress raws use the 0-7, 0-7, 0-1 color picking system but I'm noting all of your gemstones have numbers in the 100s for the first two values.

Would you be able to explain how this DISPLAY_COLOR system works so I am able to utilise my modifications?

Many thanks,

The13thRonin
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:34:28 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You can still use the normal display color values, they still work. The new system I use is Mifkis TWBT extended color palette. I made a tutorial here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170644.msg7758734#msg7758734

Please double check with one color, because there might be the chance that I messed up ONE number in that... so the numbers might be shifted either one up or down. But you can test that easily.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 187