Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866452 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks amazing! Great work, i might have to start a new fort just for this!

Warthog32332

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just downloaded the tileset and flipping through the workshops noticed a few new things I wasn't familiar with, for one, the Training section, I assume that that's essentially room prefabs I can place with the idea of training particular skills correct? The other thing I genuinely didnt have any idea about was the Migration section, was having liaisons to build offices for already in the game and I was just being silly or?
That's all new; some for the workshops that make different furniture. I went overboard with the tiny mods I put in at some point. You can disable them in the launcher though, with the button "decorational buildings"

Alright so the Migration liaisons is also just cosmetic or?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No, it does have functions. Which is why I said that I went overboard with it a bit. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How would you guys feel about a little bit more variety when it comes to leaves?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So I have to say you've been on an absolute roll lately! Take it the modding bug bite you, hmm?

Honestly, I didn't even realize I wanted more variety with the leaves until now. Sounds like a great idea to me. One of my favorite editions as of recent has to be when you added all those minor variations to the bookcases, beds, tables, exc. Really adds so much not having everything look exactly the same.

BelligerentlyLiterate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, bit of a noob question, but I've been playing without a launcher for a while (I'm on a Mac, and the LNP hasn't been updated for 44.12 yet). How would I map all of these assets to my game using just the folders? I've already successfully unarchived all the files, but I can't figure out where to put them in the game folders, or what I have to do to init.txt to get them to appear. Any help would be appreciated.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are brown 4 way cross sections supposed to also be brown? I've been having a little bit of a problem with them given that the smoothened/constructed wall border is typically grey as standard.

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I searched the forums and didnt find an answer but when i load your tileset (Meph+Vordak lite 32x) in the Lazy Newb Pack and start up the game the main menu is showing the unreadable tiles and not text. Do i need to go to Customize tab on graphics and switch the font?
Very new Im sorry. I didnt know if i should ask PeridexisErrant instead
Thanks in advance

VictorAB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Been trying a lot of tilesets for DF, and i have to admit, yours is the best looking.

Ran into a tiny problem with the DFHack supplied, but went to the thread and reported my issue...

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

I searched the forums and didnt find an answer but when i load your tileset (Meph+Vordak lite 32x) in the Lazy Newb Pack and start up the game the main menu is showing the unreadable tiles and not text. Do i need to go to Customize tab on graphics and switch the font?
Thanks in advance
make sure to have dfhack and twbt enabled - otherwise those features won't work.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Auxxiliary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks in advance
make sure to have dfhack and twbt enabled - otherwise those features won't work.
I found out my DFhack isnt opening when i start up the game anymore...it is enabled so not sure why that is.

Edit: there is a known problem with the newest version of LazyNewbPack that it isnt launching dfhack.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:16:53 am by Auxxiliary »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Thanks in advance
I found out my DFhack isnt opening when i start up the game anymore...it is enabled so not sure why that is.

Edit: there is a known problem with the newest version of LazyNewbPack that it isnt launching dfhack.
yes, i read it too.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My god meph...

Such a god. :)

Seriously. Thank you!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So, bit of a noob question, but I've been playing without a launcher for a while (I'm on a Mac, and the LNP hasn't been updated for 44.12 yet). How would I map all of these assets to my game using just the folders? I've already successfully unarchived all the files, but I can't figure out where to put them in the game folders, or what I have to do to init.txt to get them to appear. Any help would be appreciated.
Well, in theory you just unpack it, overwrite all. What exactly are you trying to do? Install the tileset on Mac, on a vanilla DF version?

Are brown 4 way cross sections supposed to also be brown? I've been having a little bit of a problem with them given that the smoothened/constructed wall border is typically grey as standard.

Thanks for the report, fixed. :)

Thanks in advance
That means your TWBT/dfhack isn't on. Better ask PeridexisErrant, I'm not doing the LNP.

Been trying a lot of tilesets for DF, and i have to admit, yours is the best looking.

Ran into a tiny problem with the DFHack supplied, but went to the thread and reported my issue...
Thank you. What exactly was the issue?

My god meph...

Such a god. :)

Seriously. Thank you!
Thank you. Guess you just found out about this set? ;)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

How to set up the launcher so I have experience that is close to vanilla? Basically no helpers, extra workshops, etc. only stuff that is normally in vanilla DF. I want this for the graphics not any functionalities.
//edit: I've realized it may be understood incorrectly, so stuff like DFHack, etc. is okay, just don't want any craftable items/workshops/other raw edits that aren't in vanilla.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:58:23 pm by darkhog »
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 187