Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866294 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Meph, any plans to make your horror mods compatable with your tileset? I just discovered it and don't want to play without it.
Horror mods? You mean the Warlocks? Yeah, they are all with 32x32 sprites, fully integrated. :)

No the ones with predators, Gray's, pirates and clowns
That's certainly not one of my mods...

yeah i don't know whats up, i'm not seeing bed variants and they seem to be using the old sprite regardless.
I'll have another look.

Hey Meph!

You got an awesome tileset. I started playing DF two weeks ago and I got in love with those beautiful tiles and I'm eagerly awaiting for the steam version. The only thing that I (as a linux user) miss is an updated version of your pack  :'(. The linux lazy pack has a tileset that is outdated (V3.0).https://github.com/jecowa/Meph

Any chance we could get an updated version?
Jecowa, the guy that modified your pack, has not been active since June and I have failed miserably while trying to make an updated version.
I dont' have a linux machine, but I can update the raw only version for you to port yourself. In theory the files should be the same, you just need to setup DF, dfhack and twbt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Meph, any plans to make your horror mods compatable with your tileset? I just discovered it and don't want to play without it.
Horror mods? You mean the Warlocks? Yeah, they are all with 32x32 sprites, fully integrated. :)

That's ZM5's stuff. They were not designed with graphics packs in mind and conflicts super hard with the Meph Tileset. The sheer volume and variety are such that I still haven't gotten around to my commitment to make some tokens for them, there's just that much stuff.

They are fun mods though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Considering most of his creature packs seem to be crossovers, I think it wouldn't be too hard to rip sprites from the original games... Doom, Diablo, etc, should have reasonably fitting sprites.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering most of his creature packs seem to be crossovers, I think it wouldn't be too hard to rip sprites from the original games... Doom, Diablo, etc, should have reasonably fitting sprites.

Some of them are, but a good chunk aren't - What Lurks Below, Lands of Duality, and a serious chunk of Zombies ate my Dwarves and Assorted Creatures are all original content of ZM's own devising or else drawn from non-video game sources, and Dwarfest Dungeon doesn't have easily usable sprites (being based in Darkest Dungeon and all.) The current Main pack that has yet to be split up also contains crap from predominantly 3D games on top of a mountain of other stuff that are mixed in.

This is compounded by a great many of his creations are multi-caste creatures with those castes having a serious differences in appearance and function.

But at the end of the day, the main obstacle is sheer volume. I've piddled around with making them for his What Lurks Below pack and even that, being one of the smaller packs he made, feels a bit overwhelming.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Best to play it with ascii then.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It honestly is best to use that, or a similar "low res" low intensity tileset, with ZM's stuff.

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It honestly is best to use that, or a similar "low res" low intensity tileset, with ZM's stuff.

ASCII then it shall be. Thanks for the reply guys :)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

yeah i don't know whats up, i'm not seeing bed variants and they seem to be using the old sprite regardless.
I'll have another look.

Hey Meph!

You got an awesome tileset. I started playing DF two weeks ago and I got in love with those beautiful tiles and I'm eagerly awaiting for the steam version. The only thing that I (as a linux user) miss is an updated version of your pack  :'(. The linux lazy pack has a tileset that is outdated (V3.0).https://github.com/jecowa/Meph

Any chance we could get an updated version?
Jecowa, the guy that modified your pack, has not been active since June and I have failed miserably while trying to make an updated version.
I dont' have a linux machine, but I can update the raw only version for you to port yourself. In theory the files should be the same, you just need to setup DF, dfhack and twbt.
i use the linux LNP, mostly because that way i dont have to setup DF, DFHack and twbt.
just copying in your whole barebones pack totally ruined it (obviously duplicate raw entries that way) so i frowned and went back to using the outdated version.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Proudbucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be amazing... so far my crude attempts to replace the files in the "data" and "raw" folders have been unsuccessful.
The lazy pack already installed dfhack and twbt.

Ramps are still not displayed and some items have wrong tiles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:34:36 pm by Proudbucket »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

While I haven't looked at the file, that looks like wrong tile numbers or missing overrides. I'm sure you know some of this, but maybe forgot one thing this time, so: You need the data/init/overrides.txt in addition to data/init/d_init.txt and init.txt and data/init/art. And don't forget raws are save-specific, meaning if you patch your main raw/objects and raw/graphics folders, it will only affect newly generated worlds.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just real quick: after seeing Vettlingrs update with the different rock types, I thought "hey, that looks neat". What are your feelings about adding something like this to the tileset?

It's essentially a very blocky, texture-like approach to ores, gems and rocks.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile

I really like the clean take you did, adapting my idea into your style. The reason i did black borders was that every other asset in my set had them, which made the geology look out of place next to smoothed walls, I wonder if lightening your borders would be the way to go for exactly the same reason?

Fae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh my! I like that quite a bit! It is really easy on the eyes honestly. I do feel like, compared to your other tiles, you could perhaps tweak those really dark lines! Like on row 1 the second and third block are together seamlessly, basically whereas everything else is separated with lines. Just my take, of course! :) Still like the idea alot.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile

That looks really nice meph, but just to make sure I understand what I'm looking at here: Is that what it would look like if you revealed the map? In an actual game you'd only see visible walls, right? Still even there, the variation would be nice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, this is using dfhack reveal.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 187