Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866304 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

About the black borders: I'm mostly just lazy, the extra black pixel on each end means that I can use non-repeating/non-seamless textures.

It also helps to distinguish the walls from floors, and makes it easier to judge number of tiles when designating mining zones.

If I were to use a style like that, I'd make unique sprites for all materials. :) Except the 113 gems, that would be overkill.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotta say I'm a fan of the textures that blend, makes it a little less minecrafty

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Gotta say I'm a fan of the textures that blend, makes it a little less minecrafty
i also prefer them blending with eachother.
also minecraft looks less like the screenshot than you think. the textures have improved through the years.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Fleshbits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded this and unless I use TWBT everything is jumbled garbage.
If I enable TWBT I just randomly crash every 10 minutes.

I am on Windows 10 64 bit wit an i7 and a Gforce 1070

Is this, therefore, just ununasable?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:00:54 pm by Fleshbits »

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile

Hey, that tileset is awesome! I wanted to use it since I first lay my eyes on it, but my computer complained about not being powerful enough. It worked perfectly after I installed Linux though.

But I have only a small question: I like to use several mods, and I know not everyone has the time to make cross-compatibility with Meph Tileset. But technically, this is just a tileset, so I imagine it should only need the override.txt, the tilesets for them and the creature graphics.

I was tinkering with the Raws and noticed that the only thing I wanted to keep is the new workshops for furniture and stuff, but it also changes several other files. I'm not a total beginner to raw editting, but I wanted to ask:

If I use only the override, tilesets and creature graphics (plus init.txt and d_init.txt), add the new workshop reactions to the entities, and keep everything else vanilla, is there some big issue to be aware of?

It seems like some of the files simply have revisions and tile changes, but since the latter are overwritten by the graphics, it shouldn't be a problem to keep them vanilla.
I have nothing to put here

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Won't work if you don't change the overrides to match, as overrides specify a tile to override (alongside type and what kind of <type>).

It's more doable* now with using material filter overrides though; beforehand if you set all your stone types to same tile you would be only able to override them into one different tile. Not so now.

However, there's slight extra computation cost to using filters and overriding at all and of course the personal time cost of rewriting, so if there's no need shouldn't. Though you obviously do have need (I assume you've looked at mod merging utilities already, but if you haven't might be worth trying).

*Meph would have to say whether its completely doable, though - there's some stuff overrides don't yet work for, such as vermin, so there's motivation to stick all vermin tiles in main tilesheet and use overrides for everything else.

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile

I see. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
I have nothing to put here

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

I downloaded this and unless I use TWBT everything is jumbled garbage.
If I enable TWBT I just randomly crash every 10 minutes.

I am on Windows 10 64 bit wit an i7 and a Gforce 1070

Is this, therefore, just ununasable?
using multilevel rendering makes the game more likely to crash. set it to 0 and you'll be fine.
this pack relies on TWBT so of course it doesn't work properly without TWBT.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can someone explain the bed variants and light decorations with the glow around them like in the screenshots? I'm not seeing either of these things but the other variants are there so I'm wondering if it's a specific material I have to build the beds from or if it is for another update or something. Wooden beds built at carpenter and gem beds at custom gem workshop do not come out with variants, haven't tried metal or clay beds though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Light variants are just in a test version of mine. Haven't released those yet. Sadly they require a twbt setting that causes crashes. :/ I can release them, but they wouldn't flicker/move.

The beds I just tested, turned out the lines in the override file had to be placed a tiny bit higher to make it work. :D

I made another test with vettlingr-style inorganics, but somehow I don't feel like it fits that well...

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually like it more than black borders. The stand out too much...

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you take out all the borders and let the blocks blend, does it look good?

[5th]Lupin

• Bay Watcher
  • Since '04
    • View Profile

Can't say I'm a fan of the borders. They're a bit jarring and.. unimmersive? Instead of looking at a nice landscape it becomes more like you're just looking at blocks in a game.

Just my opinion.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Can't say I'm a fan of the borders. They're a bit jarring and.. unimmersive? Instead of looking at a nice landscape it becomes more like you're just looking at blocks in a game.

Just my opinion.
same here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, I decided not to go ahead with those. The style doesn't fit the rest of the tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 187