Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870347 times)

Fleshbits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worked on a fortress for weeks with this launcher, tileset, and whatever mods it entails.

Today, it seems to have completely bugged out. I can't get my clothes maker to make yarn clothes despite tons of wool cloth being right next to him. Same with the bone bolts. Tons of bones, but he cancels the job saying there are none. Same with totems. Tons of skulls, but he cancels the job saying there are none.

Posted on the main forums to complain.
Of course people are coming back and blaming the mods.

main post:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174980.0

savegame:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/submit.php?action=edit&eid=14598

Is there a way I can run this tileset in the original LNP, without all the mods this launcher puts in?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:21:09 am by Fleshbits »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

are you sure you haven't linked the workshop to a stockpile or linked the stock pile to only give to somewhere else?
also check the profile of the workshop if it limits the user
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

whitehorn799

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving this tileset and graphics. Thanks so much!

I encountered something strange. My marble furniture is blue. I don't understand why that is or how I can fix it. Does anyone know? I'm using the latest LNP. Pic: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0gman0jmbjvxac/AACHEOYcHlQAwZTcJd_e2jxBa?dl=0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

I seem to be getting some message about how the Corrosion mod isn't installed, but besides that, the game seems to run like normal?

I'm gonna try to test to see if it's an actual significant issue.

EDIT: For my first time playing, how should I configure stuff like Civilizations and Invaders? I'm not really sure what options to choose or whatnot.

DOUBLE EDIT: Turns out that I'd put a folder or two of modded Dwarf Fortress games and the Meph's Tileset launcher was detecting those, but since those weren't intended for use with Meph's Tileset, errors were showing up.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:43:13 pm by AzyWng »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

I seem to be getting some message about how the Corrosion mod isn't installed, but besides that, the game seems to run like normal?

I'm gonna try to test to see if it's an actual significant issue.

EDIT: For my first time playing, how should I configure stuff like Civilizations and Invaders? I'm not really sure what options to choose or whatnot.

DOUBLE EDIT: Turns out that I'd put a folder or two of modded Dwarf Fortress games and the Meph's Tileset launcher was detecting those, but since those weren't intended for use with Meph's Tileset, errors were showing up.
that's the reason why i never use a world from another version, but always have them create their own worlds.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Fleshbits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you sure you haven't linked the workshop to a stockpile or linked the stock pile to only give to somewhere else?

Yes I am sure.
Had some people inspect the saves and they say the mods bugged the game.
All my cloths were 6000/10000 or some such so they wouldn't be recognized.

Fleshbits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug -

Orthoclase is not showing up in my masons or crafts workshops, despite having a stockpile full of it feeding both.

I had installed the graphics raw into the lazy newb pack, by dropping the contents of the zip into the pack's graphics folder.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/8ojzZYf

Entire Game Folder:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iqQi8qQfcJlwD9lwDz4jPDas_wLgom5F

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:35:59 pm by Fleshbits »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Yes I am sure.
Had some people inspect the saves and they say the mods bugged the game.
All my cloths were 6000/10000 or some such so they wouldn't be recognized.

i still haven't figured out how that using of only a fraction of an item works.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just posting to let Meph know of a crash that may be related to the tileset.
I've had this crash twice, both times it occurred after going up a z-level from the ground and being able to see the trunk of a tree.  Desert biomes for this both times as well, although it was on different worlds and saves.

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug -

Orthoclase is not showing up in my masons or crafts workshops, despite having a stockpile full of it feeding both.

I had installed the graphics raw into the lazy newb pack, by dropping the contents of the zip into the pack's graphics folder.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/8ojzZYf

Entire Game Folder:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iqQi8qQfcJlwD9lwDz4jPDas_wLgom5F

Enable it in Stone settings. z -> Tab -> find Orthoclase -> Enter

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile

Can you use manually installed mods with the Meph Launcher, or is the meph launcher just going to overwrite things that you've manually changed?

Also I see that there are separate entity files like "entity_good_dwarf.txt" or whatever. Do these overwrite the Dwarves in "entity_default.txt"? Would mods to entity_default or creature_standard even work with the meph tileset?

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've used the monstrous manual mod with meph launcher, no issues since nothing overwrites each other.

Depends on how invasive said mod is.

TranceProgHouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This may not be the right thread to post, but I am using the LNP with Meph's set and have the following tileset error circled in red in the image below.  PyLNP 0.13b with DF 0.44.12

The farm tiles shown are not actually in the game and I confirmed this is exclusive to the tileset in the LNP pack by trying another set, in which case they are not there. 

I assume this is an override issue, and while I think I can figure it out by finding the appropriate override, I need some guidance on where to start.  The tiles appeared after the farm was placed and do not seem to update when I attempt to change the floor or place a wall.  I have noticed that an item dropped there, in this case clothing, seems to hide it, but I am not sure if it's will correct after the item is removed.

If anyone can help with this, thanks.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

thats a known problem if you don't use the forceredrawall=1.
it has been known since twbt's first releases.

TheHanyou

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The download keeps failing saying the File is incomplete.
https://prnt.sc/q1z50l

Anyone have a download mirror? Or can someone upload it somewhere for me?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 187