Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 870545 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Hey, HyperBully - just so you know, Meph will likely be unavailable to answer for a few days, as he's travelling.
<3

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey, I'm traveling most of the time. :P (but yeah, Cuba is horrible about internet.)

Sadly you can't use the tileset for any other projects, it's a wild mix of self-made sprites, free online assets, artwork by the community (Vordak especially), and art by other authors that permitted me to use it for this set. I can't give away their artwork for other games, that's not within my rights. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HyperBully

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks,  anyway.   :)

Proudbucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hyperbully
Perhaps the tiles from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup will be useful to you. They are free to use, they are also 32x32 and I recognize quite a few of them in Meph's tileset.

sybir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Meph,

I love your launcher and sprites, but I have some problems:
1) it crashes quite often
2) Sprites are replaced with running guy sprite
3) Sometimes, as I travel through the world, the sprites will just randomly switch places - grass becomes gray rock sprite etc. Tiles got their sprites changed to random ones and they flicker as I move.

Is there any log I can send you to debug that? The luncher's version is 5.4
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:19:11 am by sybir »

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

Adventure mode? If so, this is an issue of TWBT.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Bguard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thank you for your amazing work Meph! i'am new at the game and your Tileset made a amazing experience!

was a fellow Warhammer fan, Vordak Dwarfs are amazing aswell! he did a Great work on it.

Your tileset together with Vordak Dwarfs is perfect!

Vordak Dwarfs together with the Gold Furniture also looks really good and satisfy my Warhammer feel.

keep the good work buddy!
In gromril hold, on throne of gold, We'll mine for gold and fight for hold! ♪♪
Rats and vermin, sneak and squeak, guard your hold, from deep to peak! ♪♪
Win her hand with songs of old, gromril steel and hoard of gold! ♪♪
We march like thunder on the hills,to right the wrongs of old! ♪♪
Wrath and vengence, grudge and strife, we march into the afterlife! ♪♪

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Meph,

I love your launcher and sprites, but I have some problems:
1) it crashes quite often
2) Sprites are replaced with running guy sprite
3) Sometimes, as I travel through the world, the sprites will just randomly switch places - grass becomes gray rock sprite etc. Tiles got their sprites changed to random ones and they flicker as I move.

Is there any log I can send you to debug that? The luncher's version is 5.4

3) sounds like a bug. TWBT doesn't work so well with Adventure Mode. I don't know too much about Adventure Mode, but I think most Adventure Mode players don't use TWBT. Meph doesn't work without TWBT, though. If you can handle Ascii graphics, CLA was made just for Adventure Mode.

2) might be that same bug. I'm not really familiar with running guy. Oh, this might be an Adventure Mode issue. In Adventure Mode, creatures can't use creature graphics while they are out of your line-of-sight; instead, they revert to their main tilesheet glyph. This is the issue that CLA was designed to handle a little more gracefully. It does it by having the graphics form of a creature look similar to the glyph that represents it when it's out of line-of-sight.

sybir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's probably TWBT, these graphical glitches doesn't happen in adventure fortress mode (Although I do have crashes from time to time). Anyway, I forgot Meph is working on steam tileset, so never mind theese, it's not important 🙂
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:10:20 am by sybir »

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there gonna be an update ?

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

There will be once DF, DFHack and TWBT stabilize enough to do one and once he has time.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph also just got done mountain hiking around the world. He probably needs to rest up a bit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5.5 for 47.04
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

This version updates the tileset to DF.47.04, aka the newest villains release. :)

The new altar and die use these sprites:

I also incorporated the updated Revised Mod by Taffer, which Datura released in my absence. Thank you!

(Edit: Fixed a little TWBT error, if your start menu looked a bit scrambled: It's fine now. ;) )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:37:45 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5.5 for 47.04
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

This version updates the tileset to DF.47.04, aka the newest villains release. :)

The new altar and die use these sprites:

I also incorporated the updated Revised Mod by Taffer, which Datura released in my absence. Thank you!

(Edit: Fixed a little TWBT error, if your start menu looked a bit scrambled: It's fine now. ;) )

I love you

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.04 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2399 on: March 11, 2020, 01:26:53 pm »

The last update has missing some words and symbols, like Cathedral and NAME_ENTITY_MERCHANT_COMPANY.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 187