Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866434 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.03 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2505 on: April 03, 2020, 03:04:20 am »

Could you please open your error log and see if there is any mention of DUPLICATE entries for your raws?

in the "Dwarf Fortress"/errorlog.txt I have no mention of DUPLICATE.
Strange. I'll have a closer look.

Can I change Civs settings in existing save? I want to try another "caravans" options for dwarfs and "AI" for goblins. And can I disable bugfix mod without corrapting a save?
You can, but you have to do it manually in data/save/regionX in the entity files. The launcher doesn't alter saves.

The bugfix mod needs a new wordgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Azdo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 03, 2020, 08:07:29 am »

Hi Meph,

First of all, thank you so much for this awesome work of yours!

I'm using the latest (47.03) version. I noticed that in "descriptor_color_standard.txt" file, there is an extra color, EGGPLANT, between ECRU and EMERALD, which is not present in bricks and carpets files. As a consequence, for bricks and carpets, from EMERALD all colours are offset by one and give improper colour representation according to the name (emerald is not green but brown, etc.).

For current game, I solved it by changing the display colour of bricks and carpets (emerald from 141 to 142, etc.).
For future games, I solved it by adding bricks and carpets definitions for EGGPLANT extra colour (files inorganic_z_brick.txt and inorganic_z_carpets.txt), as well as custom reactions (reaction_brickoven.txt and reaction_carpetlayer.txt) and custom dye (plant_meph.txt).

Kindly.
Edit: nevermind. I just saw it has already been reported earlier.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:28:33 am by Azdo »
Goodness, an Elf! How awful!

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 03, 2020, 12:11:34 pm »

In the overrides I found a very peculiar comment regarding upright weapon traps / spike traps

[OVERRIDE:179:B:WEAPON_UPRIGHT:::_MDF_overrides_13:247:16::BONE] constructed spikes
[OVERRIDE:46:B:WEAPON_UPRIGHT:::_MDF_overrides_13:191:16::BONE] constructed spikes
[OVERRIDE:46:B:WEAPON_UPRIGHT:Weapon::_MDF_overrides_13:191:16::BONE] constructed spikes - retracted (only works if the background tile is 46.)

How do you cause this tile to show, and what is a background tile and how do I change it?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 03, 2020, 01:01:29 pm »

046 .    Text, rough floors, various stones*, unexplored underground, various grasses*

Basically, TWBT sees there's upright weapon building on the tile, and that the tile has rough floor tile - it has no way to tell what the tile actually represents, just to detect what tile is visible and what what terrain/item/building is on tile.

Retracted upright spikes in vanilla disappear completely, displaying the floor tile beneath (46 in case of rough floors).

So the line is basically telling TWBT to display the override image for retracted spikes whenever they're not displaying the spear/spike but the rough floor below.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 04, 2020, 10:11:48 pm »

046 .    Text, rough floors, various stones*, unexplored underground, various grasses*

Basically, TWBT sees there's upright weapon building on the tile, and that the tile has rough floor tile - it has no way to tell what the tile actually represents, just to detect what tile is visible and what what terrain/item/building is on tile.

Retracted upright spikes in vanilla disappear completely, displaying the floor tile beneath (46 in case of rough floors).

So the line is basically telling TWBT to display the override image for retracted spikes whenever they're not displaying the spear/spike but the rough floor below.
Got it to work now. Thank you so much!

DolphinTuna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 06, 2020, 09:21:25 pm »

Thanks for the great tileset!

Is there any way for me to remove the additional dog breeds? The sprites are nice, but I don't like the clutter. I'd rather just have plain old dogs like vanilla.

Azdo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 08, 2020, 04:14:32 am »

Is there any way for me to remove the additional dog breeds? The sprites are nice, but I don't like the clutter. I'd rather just have plain old dogs like vanilla.

In the /raw/objects folder of Dwarf Fortress main folder, you can change the extension of the file creature_db_dogs.txt (to creature_db_dogs.bak, for example); on next world's generation, you will only get plain vanilla dogs.I don't recommend to do it in one of your existing regions' folder; it could render impacted region unloadable.

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 09, 2020, 09:50:13 am »

Hello, is possible to use this tileset without TWBT? I use Adv Fort, that isn't compatible with TWBT.

Azdo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 09, 2020, 03:34:02 pm »

Hello, is possible to use this tileset without TWBT? I use Adv Fort, that isn't compatible with TWBT.

From the Meph Tileset Editor, on the first tab, in Graphics groupbox, you can choose a different print mode than twbt.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 09, 2020, 04:50:48 pm »

No, not really. This tileset is designed around TWBT. The only part of the tileset that would look okay without TWBT is the creature graphics. If you mostly just want the creatures, you could take the /raw/graphics/ folder from Meph and put it in a tileset that doesn't require TWBT, preferably another 32x32 tileset.

cookiesurvival

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 10, 2020, 01:26:19 am »

Heyo, took me forever to realized this is out. Glad its around and love using it.

But when I keep downloading the recent download for 47.03, none of the stone overrides and workshop overrides go through at all. So I've been getting weird stone wall textures like stone wall that looks like armor and granite looking like grass. Any idea why that's happening?

Note: I've tried turned off decorations, but that didn't seem to change anything...

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 10, 2020, 04:01:50 am »

Thanks.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 10, 2020, 08:36:16 am »

Heyo, took me forever to realized this is out. Glad its around and love using it.

But when I keep downloading the recent download for 47.03, none of the stone overrides and workshop overrides go through at all. So I've been getting weird stone wall textures like stone wall that looks like armor and granite looking like grass. Any idea why that's happening?

Note: I've tried turned off decorations, but that didn't seem to change anything...
Either DFhack or TWBT is not running correctly or your save needs the raws from the pack.

cookiesurvival

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 10, 2020, 02:43:33 pm »

Either DFhack or TWBT is not running correctly or your save needs the raws from the pack.
As I can tell by getting this every time I try redownloading the tileset entirely and dfhack working fine without it. I'm assuming it has something to do with TWBT not processing it correctly. Any ideas on how to fix that or is that something to discuss on TWBT rather then here?

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 10, 2020, 03:59:52 pm »

As I can tell by getting this every time I try redownloading the tileset entirely and dfhack working fine without it. I'm assuming it has something to do with TWBT not processing it correctly. Any ideas on how to fix that or is that something to discuss on TWBT rather then here?
You could post a screenshot and maybe I can figure it out. TWBT not working shows mostly on the furniture and assets that have a hardcoded tile, if those are still overridden, it's a problem in your save.
If you are on a new embark, using the Meph raws, and it is not showing things correctly. it is either DFhack acting up or TWBT.

If it is DFhack, you'll notice that there is no "DFhack" title in the title screen

If it is TWBT, the text in the titlescreen will not load and be replaced by sprites. Mostly fish sprites if I remember correctly.

If you are trying to port a save from another version of DF with another or the same version of Mephs or another Tileset, You will have to make sure the raws are updated correctly, I am not sure how to do it for mephs tileset, but I think it is not the easiest thing to do.

Anyway, If you send me a screencap, I can probably work out your issue. :)
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 187