Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866230 times)

KeelanStar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.03 - updated 11th March
« Reply #2550 on: June 20, 2020, 04:04:08 pm »

I'm getting a weird issue with the Meph+Vordack tileset.

When I launch the game, all the text is replaced with the titleset pieces, can't read it.

Can anyone advise?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 20, 2020, 09:48:40 pm »

That happened to me before, I redownloaded the lazy newb pack and it fixed itself.  I'm not sure if you need to move the save file over before selecting which tileset to use, or if the other way around is needed.

Sevrin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: June 30, 2020, 01:28:43 am »

I get a crash about one year into the fort. It seems to happen at about the same time every time. Straight crash to desktop, no error message or warning. My error log only contains
"MOUNTAIN trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments"

So two things:
One, does anyone know what this crash is and how to fix it?
And two, How do I install just the graphics pack, no Meph installer/modpack (maybe a version meant to be used without TWBT, that doesn't replace all the letters with symbols?)

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:47:33 am by Sevrin »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 30, 2020, 03:34:45 am »

If I'm not mistaken, the graphics by themselves are included in the Lazy Newb Pack under the name "Meph + Vordak lite 32x".  And I'm fairly certain just about all of the tile sets in the pack require TWBT to work.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 02, 2020, 04:17:09 pm »

There is no such TWBTless version; you'd have to make your own. TWBT is what enables the set to have 18 times more non-creature images than baseline, so you'd have to make lot of compromises.....

Taking out the mods would be easier, but you would have to still decide what you want to take out and then do it before generating the world. Then can just paste the files manually where appopriate; the 4.9 barebones version will provide a halfway useful guide to pair with wiki, even if some of the files are outdated.

I believe the LNP version is outdated/old version of the tileset in the OP. It indeed also requires TWBT.

Sevrin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 03, 2020, 10:51:04 am »

TWBT is the main part I'm looking to cut out. I looked around online, and because I have an older CPU I think it's likely that it's TWBT that's the thing causing the crashes. I couldn't find a tileset that works with the newest versions, so I ended up just playing without a graphics pack. No crashes.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 04, 2020, 05:32:44 am »

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:45:07 am by Schmaven »

cherbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: July 10, 2020, 10:21:54 am »

Why is the author totally ignoring the messages from everyone downloading this pack that it is incorrectly packaged at 47.04 but contains 47.03? The issue was raised right back when it was released in March.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 11, 2020, 05:16:13 am »

Because the author is working on the steam tileset and its really no big issue to update DF inside this pack yourself. Just download the latest Starter Pack (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0) and replace all folders inside the DF folder of this pack with the dwarf fortress folder of the starter pack. just leave out the art, init and raw folder as these contain the tileset information. from the starter pack you get the latest TWBT build and dfhack. You can also update the Utilities (to get the latest dwarf therapist for example) either with the content of the starter pack or with the tools directly from the 3rd party tools page.

Edit: oh and don't overwrite the dfhack.init files, they are needed as well for the migration stuff.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:19:16 am by Novaris »

cherbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 12, 2020, 08:22:29 am »

Because the author is working on the steam tileset and its really no big issue to update DF inside this pack yourself. Just download the latest Starter Pack (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0) and replace all folders inside the DF folder of this pack with the dwarf fortress folder of the starter pack. just leave out the art, init and raw folder as these contain the tileset information. from the starter pack you get the latest TWBT build and dfhack. You can also update the Utilities (to get the latest dwarf therapist for example) either with the content of the starter pack or with the tools directly from the 3rd party tools page.

Edit: oh and don't overwrite the dfhack.init files, they are needed as well for the migration stuff.

This simply doesn't work. I followed your instructions to the letter. Firstly I had issues in that DF Hack plugin was in a different place in each pack and once I fixed that I am riddled with errors in DF Hack.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 12, 2020, 11:48:29 am »

I would give you mine but I extended Meph with gunmod and warlock. Give me a few minutes I will prepare an inofficial one. Hope Meph does not mind...

Done and tested: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:18:51 pm by Novaris »

cherbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 12, 2020, 01:52:57 pm »

I would give you mine but I extended Meph with gunmod and warlock. Give me a few minutes I will prepare an inofficial one. Hope Meph does not mind...

Done and tested: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15145

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:50:16 pm by cherbert »

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 24, 2020, 04:50:26 pm »

Hey folks, I'm new to DF. I've completed my first playthrough (ended hilariously of course). I was debating if I wanted to go back into my original first world: region1.

When I attempt to start a game and reach the site selection map I notice all these gray tiles all over the map as seen below. I hit up the DF/Kitfox discord for some info, but no one could seem to explain the gray tiles. I'm using the latest version of the LNP and DF with the Meph tileset installed. I switched back to the ASCII tileset and noticed that each of these gray tiles is where, in the vanilla set, the broadleaf forest/spade symbol would be present.

I have attempted the following:

-switching to another tileset and back

-reinstalling the Meph tileset inside the LNP, including to the saves

-clearing the save\region1\raw\ folder

-clearing the DF\raw folder

-finally, clearing the save\region1\raw folder and using this save in a fresh installation of the LNP, manually pasting the save\region1\ (with clear raw folders) into the save folder of the new install

All these things I've tried have resulted in the same thing, the image below. Again, I'm pretty new to DF and there may be something obvious here, but I'm out of ideas. Obviously, somewhere along the way a setting changed a tile/symbol and it has proliferated. I can say that I do have a .xml dump from my original region1 before my first embark and these gray tiles were not there. Additionally, I created a second world (region2) to test and this world too has gray tiles if I use the Meph set no matter what I do.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 24, 2020, 05:00:31 pm »

Have you tried a different tileset and are those other tilesets displaying the world map properly?

Also, does downloading a fresh DF LNP, and generating a world with the Meph tileset still have this issue?  If not, then try copying your whole region1 folder into the save folder of the fresh install.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:03:19 pm by Schmaven »

Arson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 24, 2020, 05:35:36 pm »

Have you tried a different tileset and are those other tilesets displaying the world map properly?

I have, yes.

ASCII - seems to display properly

Gemset - seems to display properly

Obsidian - errors with the same tiles in question, including the same capital J, only in a different color scheme

Phoebus - errors with the same tiles in question, including the same capital J, only in a different color scheme

Also, does downloading a fresh DF LNP, and generating a world with the Meph tileset still have this issue?

In the fresh install I downloaded I just generated a world map using Meph installed and the broadleaf forest/spade symbol appeared properly.

If not, then try copying your whole region1 folder into the save folder of the fresh install.

I did this already. When I installed the fresh LNP I copied my region1 folder (which I had cleared the raws from since they contain graphical information) into the saves and it displayed the same gray tiles when I attempted a new site selection

So it seems to me like perhaps these are changes made inside the region1 save folder that aren't contained in the raws.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 187