Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 866257 times)

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - updated 07th March by Novaris
« Reply #2745 on: October 09, 2021, 03:40:33 am »

I can share the files as I currently use them but beware, there are a few changes (like platinum being able to be turned into thread) as I modified the game in addition. But you can extract the color information.

https://ufile.io/ktiuxqbz

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: October 09, 2021, 09:40:27 am »

I can share the files as I currently use them but beware, there are a few changes (like platinum being able to be turned into thread) as I modified the game in addition. But you can extract the color information.

https://ufile.io/ktiuxqbz

Thank you!  I had to generate a new world for the color changes to take effect.  I didn't realize before that the first number in the series was referencing the color palette.  I noticed you made some changes to the second number of the 3 for a few items as well, but I don't need to get too deep into the inner workings of what does what in there.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 13, 2021, 03:51:58 pm »

Having been annoyed by the imperfect version of this tileset provided by the Newb Pack, I downloaded the latest Meph launcher.

I encountered a few...surprises when starting a new game:
-the embark screen is cluttered up with 20 different breeds of dogs (making menu navigation a pain),
-gold is a weapons-grade metal,
-sheep-leather is now...sheep fur
I thought this was just a graphics set, but apparently there are some mods installed by default?

Any way to fix these changes?  Any other surprises I should be aware of?  I'd been hoping to just play a normal game, but be able to enjoy Meph's graphics in their full beautiful glory.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 13, 2021, 04:45:50 pm »

Having been annoyed by the imperfect version of this tileset provided by the Newb Pack, I downloaded the latest Meph launcher.

I encountered a few...surprises when starting a new game:
-the embark screen is cluttered up with 20 different breeds of dogs (making menu navigation a pain),
-gold is a weapons-grade metal,
-sheep-leather is now...sheep fur
I thought this was just a graphics set, but apparently there are some mods installed by default?

Any way to fix these changes?  Any other surprises I should be aware of?  I'd been hoping to just play a normal game, but be able to enjoy Meph's graphics in their full beautiful glory.

Despite the issues with the LNP version of the tileset, I still think it's the most graphically pleasing 1 to use.  I think the Meph launcher also has changes to allow tapestry style decorations too, and likely other bits that I'm not aware of, so it might be easier to try and extract the tileset from the launcher rather than convert the launcher to a pure tileset.  Although if it's just vanilla-izing the animals / materials arrays, but leaving the other modifications modified, that might be the simplest option.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 14, 2021, 02:51:59 pm »

I would agree that the dog expansion is a little weird :D but its easily avoidable by an option in the launcher or by simply deleting the file raw\objects\creature_db_dogs.txt
Gold became a weapon material as alternative to silver afaik, not generally lore-friendly I'd agree but not that much of an issue.
As for the naming: Meph's mod also include taffer's "DF Revised" mod, see here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161832.0
It changes how skin and fur is referred to and what animals yield what. Also body templates are changed.

If you "only" want to playt the tileset without the changes, download the barebone edition from the main post instead.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: October 14, 2021, 03:38:27 pm »

Yeah, I deleted the dogs.  There are already too many different kinds of meat an leather, why would you add more?  That's like having separate entries for 4 different kinds of millet, or 20 nearly indistinguishable varieties of wood.  Who would do that?

I do actually think that some of the changes are fine, it's just that I was worried that there might be some other surprises lurking in the raws.  I didn't want to run into some show-stopping annoyances after having committed to a fort.

In the raws, inorganic_metal.txt did have some lines at the end of gold saying: NO_DECORATIONS!ITEMS_WEAPON]
Does this mean that if the "decorations" mod is off, that gold will be weapons-grade?  Or am I reading that backwards?

Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
his sooty foot he put."

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 14, 2021, 03:59:19 pm »

Off.. as long as it says !ITEMS_WEAPONS] there should be no golden weapons. The launcher replaces it then with [ITEMS_WEAPONS] to create them during world generation.
You'd have to ask Meph why this is tied to the decorations extension :D

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 22, 2021, 03:59:37 am »

I was just noticing that it was a bit odd that my Bismuth Bronze equipment was being rendered as darker than the Regular Bronze ones.  I remember Bis-Bronze as being shown as a golden color.

This took me down a rabbit-hole to discussions earlier in this thread pointing out that color-errors are strewn throughout the materials!

Materials are assigned colors based on a number that points to a list of colors in alphabetical order:o
That seems like a system just asking to break...and apparently it did.

Hmm...I'd been wondering why I had blue fire-opals...

Jecowa did a good job of documenting this and proposing a lot of fixes.  I can in principle just modify the color info in my raws, but is it possible to actually fix this for the Graphics Mod as a whole?  I know Meph is busy with important stuff.

Other question related to the mod: My materials list is littered with entries like "NSEW Table", but I was sure I'd turned decorations off.  Is there any way to fix this in my current save?  I'd hate to lose it to raws corruption, but it also makes "cut gem" orders very annoying.
"Urist had a little lamb
his sooty foot he put."

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 23, 2021, 02:13:17 am »

I noticed this as well and modified my own version of the mod to be more consistent with the colouring, especially with the gems and metals. But its personal taste imo so if you find one that does not match your expectations, change it :)

As for the updates I would suggest posting this in the official tileset subforum as a feature suggestion, I am sure Meph will see it and react to it there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2754 on: October 23, 2021, 07:12:47 am »

Other question related to the mod: My materials list is littered with entries like "NSEW Table", but I was sure I'd turned decorations off.  Is there any way to fix this in my current save?  I'd hate to lose it to raws corruption, but it also makes "cut gem" orders very annoying.

Unfortunately you'd have to delete the raw entries to get rid of those. Which would require a new save game. :/

As for the updates I would suggest posting this in the official tileset subforum as a feature suggestion, I am sure Meph will see it and react to it there.

I'm not here as often as previously, still waiting like everyone else for the Steam release. If I would have known from the start how long it would be, I would have updated the tileset and mod more often ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 23, 2021, 02:03:38 pm »

I'm not here as often as previously, still waiting like everyone else for the Steam release. If I would have known from the start how long it would be, I would have updated the tileset and mod more often ^^

Does this mean we can expect some updates in the near future? :P

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 04, 2021, 10:47:56 am »

I've retouched a lot of the creature sprite sheets for this tileset and tried to retrace some missing credits. Like the bird_new and bird uses sprites from Neorice and Paul Robertson, yet I could not find their names in the credits.

Otherwise I've fixed a lot of issues with child and adult sprites being the same size, sprites for zombies etc. I could post a pack here when I get the time. I would need to remove my own outline that my tileset uses, but that is in a separate layer in gimp so easy enough.

also, hello meph, long time no see ;)

Cheers

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: November 04, 2021, 04:22:50 pm »

If you do I can compile a alternate version of the pack and add it to the download. I would love to see the new version you came up with

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 05, 2021, 09:16:40 pm »

If you do I can compile a alternate version of the pack and add it to the download. I would love to see the new version you came up with
You may find it interesting to include something like this too.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179206.msg8326776#msg8326776
I'm going to run it once per save and it fixes a lot of the new graphic stuff in 47.xx

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 05, 2021, 09:48:35 pm »

Wow, I will definetly! Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 187