- 4 (22.2%)
005, Venom
- 0 (0%)
006, Psion
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 23, 2016, 05:19:11 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Life of a UFO Commander  (Read 20639 times)

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
Life of a UFO Commander
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »

You are a Grey. One of those little extraterrestrials that abduct people for no seeming reason. There is a reason, however, and the reason is SCIENCE! What else? You abduct people, do science, and try to avoid the local X-Com. What do you do? What should you do? Are combustible lemons possible? Find out the right way, i.e, screwing with humans!

So, go ahead, fire up the tractor beam, and ready the scanners, 'cause we're going abducting!

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life of a UFO Commander
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:38:46 pm »

Abduct a farmer and scan him. Repeatedly. See how many scans it takes before the scan-rays shrink his brain (or melt his eyeballs).

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:47:29 pm »

Stick a probe in every orifice and take measurements. Find out which parts of the Earthling's anatomy are being used to produce that loud vibrating "mmwuooooooh" sound.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:02:42 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »

PTW for now
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 09:25:14 pm »

PTW
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 04:59:46 am »

Abduct a farmer and scan him. Repeatedly. See how many scans it takes before the scan-rays shrink his brain (or melt his eyeballs).
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 05:43:33 am »

Also abduct a cow. The hoomen seems to have been tending to those things.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 06:54:42 am »

Your craft speeds into the lower atmosphere, abruptly coming to a halt by a field of spotted creatures. Slowly speeding up toward the nearest puny earthling's dwelling, autopilot prepares the experimentation room. Floating above a dwelling, 'farmhouse', you activate the tractor beam for a fraction of a second, rattling the wooden construction. Lights shine through the windows, and a resident clutching a pathetic slug accelerator steps out, staring at the might of your UFO. The tractor beam glows with a strange blue glow, and the creature flails about in it's grip, losing the weapon it had held. It enters your UFO in the normal fashion, immediately injected with anesthetic, and falling flat. It is quickly ferried over to the experimentation room by internal tractor beams, where you await.

You scan the creature, producing a readout on the holographic display:
Subject: #001-A
Species: Puny Earthling
Notes: Oddly fat
Profession: Sustenance Producer

Deciding to give it's brain a stress tolerance, you put scanners on max intensity, and use them as often as Greyly possible. While the scanners are specifically designed to not give creatures brain damage, after an hour of scanning, the hoomin now has epilepsy, and cannot taste sourness. As another hour ends, the huumen's frontal lobe has been compressed to your liking. Get out, twenty IQ points, hello neurological science!
+4 Science Points

You momentarily consider probing, but wonder why on Eraskilom you would choke it to death with unmanned starcrafts. However, an operation upon the creature's vocal apparatus reveals the presence of a cord in it's esophagus, that vibrates at variable pitch during exhalation. Specific sounds are created by a muscle within it's mouth. The operation ends, with the earthling missing a few grams of biomass, and you with newly found knowledge of vocalization, despite being a pathetic alternative to telepathy.
+3 Science Points

At the last moment, you turn on the tractor beams to pull up a quadrupedal foodbeast, whose flailing is somehow more amusing than the huemin's. You dub it the positively adorable name of Subject #001-B. Hmm. So that is where the 'myouuuuu' sound comes from. Studying it, it seems the earthlings feed themselves upon biomass and a frothy liquid, or 'milk'. Now you know the weakness of their food supply!
+1 Science Points

So, what to do with the abductees?

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 07:06:23 am »

Establish the reason for the subjects unusual size.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 07:35:15 am »

Try grafting Subject A's brain to Subject B's brain! Maybe if you put the brains close enough they can use short range telepathy like a sensible Being!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 08:46:48 am »

Yeah, sure, do that. But after we do the brain-graft !!science!!, merge them completely together. We need a decent foot soldier, after all.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 08:51:43 am »

Good idea! Make sure to stick a control chip in there though. Don't want the soldier mutinying on us.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 08:58:33 am »

Yeah, sure, do that. But after we do the brain-graft !!science!!, merge them completely together. We need a decent foot soldier, after all.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 09:16:48 am »

Dissect whatever is left. Study their anatomy and biochemistry.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 09:35:18 am »

Dissect whatever is left. Study their anatomy and biochemistry.

Only if the process of merging kills them, though.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12