- 4 (22.2%)
005, Venom
- 0 (0%)
006, Psion
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 23, 2016, 05:19:11 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Life of a UFO Commander  (Read 20673 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Life of a UFO Commander
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2016, 06:21:00 pm »

SCIENCE CANNON BUMPS META WORLD!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2016, 05:31:37 am »

Use it to make a portable generator. Hook the generator up to Teslahead.
The Teslahead has several bunches of electrocytes on its back, it's already a walking biological generator.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2016, 09:35:22 am »

Quick! We must SCIENCE!!! it back to life

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2016, 09:56:18 am »

Quick! We must SCIENCE!!! it back to life
+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2016, 10:17:53 am »

+1

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2016, 12:27:54 pm »

Sorry. Kind of forgot about this, but I'll hopefully dredge something up by this evening. Evening being measured in Freedomland/'Murica/McDonalds EST, of course.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2016, 12:57:13 pm »

Sorry. Kind of forgot about this, but I'll hopefully dredge something up by this evening. Evening being measured in Freedomland/'Murica/McDonalds EST, of course.
Please use proper UTC format. They even went to the trouble of renaming it so it had no colonialist relation to Greenwich, the UK, Eurocentrism and all that, so you have no excuse to use provincial time zones when dealing with the rest of the world.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2016, 02:10:59 pm »

Please use proper UTC format. They even went to the trouble of renaming it so it had no colonialist relation to Greenwich, the UK, Eurocentrism and all that, so you have no excuse to use provincial time zones when dealing with the rest of the world.
Ah, excuse me then.

--------

Opportunity lurks in these tanks of construction nanobots, and you know it. As your reward for continued science, a tall, chrome tank with an elastoplastic hose to connect to your fabricator system. In theory, it technically has a limited supply, but your ship was in all likelihood built by only one or two. Installation is very simple, attaching the hose onto a port on the fabricators to 'fuel up' the small internal storage compartment. No more subpar steel or titanium for you! Ready to put the tanks to use, you descend down from space to directly above where your little subsurface facility lurks. Raising it up, the fabricators create a 'hall', if you will, and a few extra small containment cells. Some ideas for additional modules emerge, but you might need to think on what to do. Some deft work with the tractor beam assembles the parts together, and you temporarily resink the facility.

In addition, you decide to improve upon Psion, hoping to direct it's emotional influences. From what you work out, the most efficient solution is to simply get the creature to focus on a particular point. A transmitter is installed into the back of it's neck, connecting to the nervous system. By giving the subject mental 'directions' on where to think about. Despite the accuracy, emotions are determined by however the subject is feeling at the time. Creating drugs to induce an emotional state is fairly easy, what with the basic biochemistry of the subject. Positive emotions are easiest, but not what you're looking for. Negative emotions work, although some things, like intense anger or sadness blur Psion's focus into a 'mental feedback', which causes Jedi, in the other room, to drop the testing apparatus the subject had been levitating. If humans were psionically active it might be effective when directed. For safety reasons, the 'signal' was feeding into a scanner, which probably kept Jedi from harm.
+11 science points

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Subsurface Facility (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2016, 06:23:31 am »

Create a SubSea Scourer Module

Basically, a combination of a deep sea vaccuum cleaner and a drill, this thing csn mine the seabed for interesting materials and creatures.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2016, 09:26:56 am »

Basically, a combination of a deep sea vaccuum cleaner and a drill, this thing csn mine the seabed for interesting materials and creatures.
+1.

By the way, do we have a long-term objective assigned by the alien high council or whatnot?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2016, 04:45:29 pm »

By the way, do we have a long-term objective assigned by the alien high council or whatnot?
Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
Sandbox, essentially. If enough people get on this, I'll put up a vote for either keeping to the current style, or periodically following missions/quests for things more in-depth than !!BECOME SCIENCED!!, or whatever meme-y term you'd use to describe it.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »

+1.
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2016, 07:20:49 pm »

Abduct a Banker then scam him. Then scan him.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2016, 07:27:14 pm »

Abduct a Banker then scam him. Then scan him.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2016, 08:03:35 am »

PTW
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12