- 4 (22.2%)
005, Venom
- 0 (0%)
006, Psion
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 23, 2016, 05:19:11 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Life of a UFO Commander  (Read 20612 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life of a UFO Commander
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2016, 01:46:07 pm »

Abduct more myooooohs to feed our subjects.

+1, enough to set up a breeding program on our ship.
We'll need a bigger ship for that.
What about baseing the program on earth, all we have to do is abduct them, sow the seeds and wait. (we have some kind of cryosleep to skip rime right?)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2016, 02:55:39 pm »

Okay then. I'm going to second the "build a facility" vote, with a caveat: Let's make it a boat. Or... a floating island in the middle of one of the oceans. Yeah. That. Much more mobile and hidden.
~~~
Also going to second this.
~~~
Also: maybe it's time we begin our research into psionics. After we've got our facility built, abduct a few hyuumies, take the brains out of all but one of them, compress them, and surgically implant the hyper-brain into the remaining specimen's own brain. See if that makes psionics a thing. Also, don't forget the control chip.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2016, 03:17:07 pm »

Okay then. I'm going to second the "build a facility" vote, with a caveat: Let's make it a boat. Or... a floating island in the middle of one of the oceans. Yeah. That. Much more mobile and hidden.
~~~
~~~
Also: maybe it's time we begin our research into psionics. After we've got our facility built, abduct a few hyuumies, take the brains out of all but one of them, compress them, and surgically implant the hyper-brain into the remaining specimen's own brain. See if that makes psionics a thing. Also, don't forget the control chip.
Or we could make it deep in the Amazon. Probably won't get discovered there either, and it's easier to clear trees than it is to make an island from scratch.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2016, 03:30:05 pm »

~~~
~~~
Or we could make it deep in the Amazon. Probably won't get discovered there either, and it's easier to clear trees than it is to make an island from scratch.
+1
Abduct some more octopi. Merge them together to create a giant octopi. Abduct a feline and merge the brains to give it predatory instincts. Ensure our site is near a river. Drop the giant octopi in it to protect our site.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2016, 03:45:10 pm »

I was more thinking of the old abduct and return then a base.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2016, 04:01:44 pm »

~~~
~~~
+1

Also, work on refining the armor as someone mentioned earlier.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2016, 11:03:19 pm »

~~~
~~~
+1

Also, work on refining the armor as someone mentioned earlier.

Then we use samples from the 'rhino' specimen, and replicate them in the way we need. We can remake the bio-armor to be form fitting and much more effective. Right now we are just gluing the bits together in a flesh suite for our cat people to wear.
That was me. +1 to suite refinement. +1 to base building. +1 to psionics

Why don't we make the base on the seafloor? It's almost impossible for the holmins to find things down there. Plus, if they ever do find it and assault it, the slightest degradation of it's structural integrity would likely result in the immediate and explosive collapse of the facility. There would be nothing left for the homins to recover. On top of that, the sea could provide an abundance of both meat and plant matter to feed specimens with.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2016, 06:16:48 am »

Yes, but it would be extremely difficult and I'm not sure we have the skills/technology on hand to do it.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2016, 09:36:45 am »

Let's make that a long-term goal.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2016, 10:03:13 am »

Yes, but it would be extremely difficult and I'm not sure we have the skills/technology on hand to do it.
We're !!SCIENTISTS!!. We can do anything, provided we can spare the sanity for it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2016, 07:10:45 pm »

To remedy the issue of hungry subjects is simple, abducting several myouus, and some fruit for the Abomination's second head. They seem contented, well enough.

Having a secure facility somewhere on the surface seems worthwhile, although your final idea stretches the definition of 'surface'. It is a small tube, roughly twenty meters long, five across. One Fourth is propulsion and life support, another one fourth is the surgical table, and the rest is containment. Built from scrap harvested in orbit, the module floats low in the water, before thrusters spin up, sinking the craft beneath the waves. It is rather barebones, but what you get is what you got. Or was it the other way around...
+6 Science points

After finding the solution to that mindbending question, you begin your foray into psionics. Your first thought is to hypercompress brains onto each other. With a host of five hoeumuins, you wipe clean any trace of individualism, and start copying mental profiles onto the one with the largest head. It... does not go wonderfully. Sure, the resulting product is smart, but it seems to suffer from mental disorders running the gamut from narcolepsy to autism. In short, you get great mental power, no physical power. However, it seems the subject causes others draw in on it's emotions. When tired, the other subjects feel drowsy, when it flails around, other subjects get irritable and on edge, etc. You decide to put it on the other side of containment, far from other subjects. Back to orbit it is, then.
+6 Science points

The Biosuit gets some attention next, with the goal of improving upon general pow- what is that? What is that? You notice a small electronic chip embedded into what was once it's ear. With some quick reading, you interpret 'WWF CreatureTrak 3.0, 'Sally', White Rhinoceros'. You stare. Suddenly, a robotic voice floods out from the speakers.
"Red Alert. X-Com Light Interceptor closing in. I repeat, Red Alert, X-Com closing in."
Hoo boy. This won't be fun.

Spoiler: Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Subsurface Facility (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »

Evasive Actions. Fire the lasers. Lasers have no max range. Missiles do.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »

Lasers do have maximum ranges: in the atmosphere by refraction; in vacuum they can go much farther, but they still diffract.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »

Damn. Betrayed by something as simple as an ear tag.

Evasive Actions. Fire the lasers. Lasers have no max range. Missiles do.
+1

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2016, 07:31:12 pm »

Also smash that tracker.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12