Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Equipment from a Spoiler  (Read 20578 times)

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment from a Spoiler
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 01:57:12 am »

What Eric Blank said makes sense. Is the material properties of divine materials randomly generated? Maybe heat loss can't occur for this metal because of this? It'd be odd that SwedishLemon can incinerate* bogeyman by being hit by them, but isn't cooked alive by wearing the armour/carrying the shield.

*I know, the bogeyman are probably just bleeding to death as fire isn't hot enough to melt most creatures.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 07:55:48 am »

What Eric Blank said makes sense. Is the material properties of divine materials randomly generated? Maybe heat loss can't occur for this metal because of this? It'd be odd that SwedishLemon can incinerate* bogeyman by being hit by them, but isn't cooked alive by wearing the armour/carrying the shield.

*I know, the bogeyman are probably just bleeding to death as fire isn't hot enough to melt most creatures.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.
kinda wonder if blood also just hits scolding point and starts damaging you also?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 07:59:20 am »

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, swedish lemon hasnt even provided us with some decent data.
Not even a battle log.
If there is no further info... Im calling fake.
If its syndrome, this is fucking sexy and I need that file
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 03:22:05 pm »

Now this is interesting! It definitely warrants further investigation. Could you share the save?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 05:08:30 pm »

last response on the 11th but lemon was active today

be skeptical

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »

The reason I haven't been responding is 'cause my character died.

Kicked in the head by an ettin and the injured part exploded into gore.

So, I might do an expedition into the lair and recover the gear to try and see if I can replicate the events? But, I'll have to make another adventurer and level them up.

Oh but it's interesting to note that my character isn't actually immune to the fire as it turns out. I think I actually may have a screenshot of the damage it did to her that I never posted because she died.

oh ya here it is.

Are you using mods of any kind?
The only mod I'm using is a self-made elf replacement species because I hate elves. Long live the Sylphs!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:42:51 pm by SwedishLemon »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »

So, I might do an expedition into the lair and recover the gear to try and see if I can replicate the events? But, I'll have to make another adventurer and level them up.

Oh but it's interesting to note that my character isn't actually immune to the fire as it turns out. I think I actually may have a screenshot of the damage it did to her that I never posted because she died.

oh ya here it is.

The only mod I'm using is a self-made elf replacement species because I hate elves. Long live the Sylphs!

ah, ok

fire scars now? or is that just the text denoting every old wound?

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »

oh ya here it is.

ah, ok

fire scars now? or is that just the text denoting every old wound?
Every wound. I dunno if fire can scar, but I definitely know that only fire can remove body fat.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 12:45:20 am »

Now this is interesting.  :o

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »

Now I want my own suit of forest fire-inducing armor, but I don't know where my nearest vault is. :(

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 03:36:14 pm »

Now I want my own suit of forest fire-inducing armor, but I don't know where my nearest vault is. :(
The best way to find out without external help is to ask the lord or lady of a hamlet or city about the nearby surroundings. They tend to mention the vault and say something akin to, "In a time before time, [demon] stored [slab] in [vault name]". Otherwise, you can just use Legends Viewer.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2016, 05:20:52 pm »

chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.
Oh my god, that's brutal.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »

The best way to find out without external help is to ask the lord or lady of a hamlet or city about the nearby surroundings. They tend to mention the vault and say something akin to, "In a time before time, [demon] stored [slab] in [vault name]". Otherwise, you can just use Legends Viewer.

Using the legends viewer did work, so thank you for suggesting that!

In the vault I've found, the angels are wearing 'black liquid' armor and wielding pale metal weapons and shields. Workers of Valor, Swordmasters, Spearmasters, etc. Unfortunately, as yet, I haven't found my way to the bottom of the vault and the slab. There are two levers at the points I've reached, I've fiddled with them, but no luck. I can see that there are more angels still alive behind a wall on a lower layer, though.

Not sure if any of this stuff is as special as the poster's fiery shield, sadly!

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 11:12:53 pm »

Are you using any mods?  Have you modded anything?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »

This is amazing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4