Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game  (Read 40336 times)

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 08:18:51 pm »

Thanks Ollobrains! and yeah god damned bandits, the worst is when you get an independent kingdom that acts like bandits, they can be trouble

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 08:43:37 pm »

Found a bug:  Black Market, visit the guy that asks for 10 gold while you have 0 gold.  Can't get out. 

Exploring/Seeing what I can conquer while also not selling my soldiers cause it somehow bloated up to 2.5k soldiers while I still have... 2.5k peasants.  Without selling em, but it looks like I'll have to. 
Battles come down to either a landslide or a slaughter.

EDIT: And the bandits gave me 898k when I told em to disband.  Nice fellows.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:15:41 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 10:13:07 pm »

This looks pretty cool.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 05:30:11 am »

Thanks Zangi! Just found and removed the bug where the guy just repeatedly insults you for being poor haha! good find

It will be included in tomorrows update! also I'll get to sorting out this bandit bug you found! nice work. Just gotten started on some of the things that will be in tomorrows update, 166 trillion new human faces, some new name sets and 10 new riddles for the riddlers!

Thanks for the input and support guys! :)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 05:49:17 am »

Hmm. When I explore a realm, after I find something, I'm unable to explore further. Basically there (x) Explore where there used to be (1) Explore. I can only press 0 to cease exploring or go to the found place and interact with it. This persists after going to a next turn. Is this intended behavior? So if I, say, find a slaver fortress, I can't find anything else before I conquer or buy it?

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26:52 am »

Hey majestic, you basically get 1 explore chance per turn with a 50/50 chance of finding something

there are a few ways of increasing the explore chances or finding new areas

rub the explorer stone and you get +1 exploration
the artifact the golden telescope offers you bonus exploration
and the explorers guild gives you bonus exploration

each turn it resets, by default you get one explore chance per turn!

also if you find the cartographers hut you can buy maps and unlock areas!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 08:57:24 am »

In the future, it'd be nice if you could either store explore chances if you forget to use them for a turn, or get a reminder before ending the turn that you still haven't tried exploring yet. There's no downside to exploring that I've found, so its a shame when I forget to do so and waste them.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 09:21:55 am »

Perhaps, It's just that some people don't care for exploring, perhaps I can make something you can enable in the settings!

Its funny though, there used to be a downside to exploring in that you'd occasionally run into enemies but you could choose to send 0 people to battle and would suffer no consequence, so I removed it, it was wandering titans but there was a place where you could sacrifice peasants and the titans would leave you alone

thinking of reworking it in the future so that exploring requires an explore party to be sent, and if you encounter combat it's them that has to fight

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 10:42:56 am »

Exploring by itself is basically busywork, extra button presses each turn. 
Having to rechoose the exploration party everytime would be a huge pain, so would be great to save a default party. 

Its the same deal with battles.  I just want to leave my peasants home and only send soldiers/everything else that don't make me money.  Also would prefer for goblins/bandits/slaves to die before knights.  Option for peasants to die last works too.  (Seriously, why would I want to send less then max troops?)

Bandits OP, robs rival big kingdoms of everything they are worth with no problems, every turn.  (Well, one bandit stole some gold, but that is negligible.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 11:58:26 am »

Funnily enough I've considered a lot of what you mentioned already.

I also prefer to send other troops before peasants and am allowing you to reorder your troops soon, ie choosing which goes first in combat, secondly with the peasants and bandits, the plan is that having bandits in your retinue will cause lots of problem as they are... well... bandits so they will cause crime and trouble.

And with regards to why not send max troops, at the moment nothing is stopping you, but after the ability for all other factions to attack you is coded, you will need to consider leaving some men home, any peasants sent to fight will not harvest anything that turn and any units sent to fight will not be present when you are attacked.

so say you had 10 lands, 1000 peasants and 100 soldiers
you attack the rebels, sending an army of 250 peasants and 50 soldiers
but at the end of the turn, the Krut goblins invade your lands
your defenders are worked out as your troops divided by your lands
so your 1 land would have 75 peasants and 5 soldiers protecting it,
whereas if you didn't send anyone to attack it would have 100 peasants and 10 soldiers
you will leave yourself weaker if you send your men off, so you will have to play it
more strategically.

for now enjoy though, it's a pretty easy swim, but with future updates the strategy elements
will really sink in! :)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 12:48:10 am »

Regarding exploration, I think you should have something showing "Exploration time 0/1" or something to explain it. Otherwise players are left frustrated and wondering if the game broke. :)

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 11:26:23 am »

that was the idea with (x) EXPLORE (0), but you're right, (x) EXPLORE (0/1) would be easier understood so I'll work that into the game soon, thanks for suggestion!

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »

I just skirmished with the bandit horde until they had negative 150 men and then bribed them with negative five hundred thousand gold to disband. Well money won't be a problem anymore
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 04:17:59 pm »

I just skirmished with the bandit horde until they had negative 150 men and then bribed them with negative five hundred thousand gold to disband. Well money won't be a problem anymore

Clearly you were fighting zombie bandits....and your negotiator is a god. She talked them all back into their grave and even had them hire her to decorate them!

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 04:26:31 pm »

Clearly you were fighting zombie bandits....and your negotiator is a god. She talked them all back into their grave and even had them hire her to decorate them!

Erm... yeah... it's a feature... the zombie bandits all have tons of gold, they invested tons in the damsel market before they died
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19