Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game  (Read 40321 times)

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been working on Warsim on and off for the last year and beyond and it's grown far beyond what I thought it could be, becoming one of it not my biggest project.

It features tons of randomly generated content as you try to rule the kingdom of Aslona amidst a huge rebellion, hordes of bandits as well as random bandit factions and independent kingdoms with randomly generated races, it takes heavy inspiration from dwarf fortress with its randomness and may interest some of you!

* Thousands of randomly generated races
* Randomly generated kingdoms with random flags, rulers, laws, races and customs
* Massive exploration screen
* Arena with betting, tournaments and all sorts
* Player Moddability, add your own jokes, faces, flags, names, races ect
* near infinite hireable companions such as jesters, generals, spymasters ect
* Thousands of random events and modes
* Tons of cheats and extra features
* and so much more!

Some Screenshots

* http://i.imgur.com/pyca9su.png
* http://i.imgur.com/BzhNark.png
* http://i.imgur.com/wKON2ZS.png
* http://i.imgur.com/Rb5GD8Z.png
* http://i.imgur.com/ZXP0j9v.png
* http://i.imgur.com/WeWdps3.png

It's a free download in the sidebar on www.reddit.com/r/WarsimRpg on reddit I'm very open to suggestions and thoroughly enjoy reading feedback so I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WarsimRpg - A heavily dwarf fortress Inspired Kingdom management game
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:33:55 am »

Been playing around with it and having a fair bit of fun so far. I ended up accidentally making Sparta, because I didn't fully understand that while you can bring (and train) all of your peasants on an invasion, they also represent the guys working in the fields. I initially thought that represented conscript levies and were otherwise always busy as being part of the army. I kept my finances stable by selling soldiers to the forts and guilds.

You want to hire a couple hundred (~200) bandits. They'll pillage the hell out of the goblin kingdoms and provide some income, though it does eventually dry up. However, as far as I know they don't cost any money to maintain, unlike soldiers and knights.

My next game will focus more on building up my peasants and seeing if that nets me enough positive cash flow that I can start building kingdom structures and hiring champions.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 05:41:59 am »

PTW
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 06:05:33 am »

Glad you're liking it Hanzoku, currently working on tomorrows version of the game, gonna add randomly generated graphics for the randomly generated currencies at the request of one of the reddit players! :)

and what does PTW mean InsaneGame27? pay to win?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 06:42:31 am »

Glad you're liking it Hanzoku, currently working on tomorrows version of the game, gonna add randomly generated graphics for the randomly generated currencies at the request of one of the reddit players! :)

and what does PTW mean InsaneGame27? pay to win?

Post to Watch

It is said because people can look through their posts AND they are given updates for whenever there is an update in a thread they posted in.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:34:50 am »

Cool thank you Neonivek! I'm pretty new here so I'm not used to the forum stuff, I've played dwarf fortress for years though :) thought I'd share my somewhat DF inspired game here!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:28:48 am »

Yeah this game is excellent and really bursting with potential. Highly recommend.

I know it'll probably be a real long while if ever, but I'm really digging that world map concept art. Hope we one day get procedural maps to explore and conquer.

As a side note, would it be possible to have the enable/disable music option be saved upon exit?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:58 pm »

After Project Keira got dropped I needed some stupidly awesome game to fill my hopes up again. <3
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 12:12:06 pm »

Thanks witty, yep great idea! I've just coded it and it'll be in tomorrows update!

The map thing is definitely gonna make things more fun, but the next few major updates are going to be inter-faction relations, diplomacy, economy and random parties of adventurers go around the world and doing stuff!

And I hope the game will keep your hopes up Innsmothe!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 02:21:25 pm »

Thanks witty, yep great idea! I've just coded it and it'll be in tomorrows update!

The map thing is definitely gonna make things more fun, but the next few major updates are going to be inter-faction relations, diplomacy, economy and random parties of adventurers go around the world and doing stuff!

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to those expanded faction relations, sounds like those independent kingdoms will be becoming a bit more active soon.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 03:01:12 pm »

Watching these posts
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 03:21:18 pm »

Yeah, when inter-faction relations get coded each faction will get one attack per year, they will decide based on, (randomness, race, kings personality, factions stance on slavery, allies enemies, actions of each faction, size of each faction)

So you will no longer be able to go around attacking everyone with no comeuppance, also alliances will happen which can make for dangerous foes, and getting an alliance yourself won't be so easy!

Lots to be done but it's going to be exciting! Gonna release the next version of the game in a few hours!

Huw2k8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »

Todays update has been quite a decent one, lots of new faces as always, also added faces for the leader of the rebels and the leader of the bandit horde, I've fixed a few bugs, added random currency graphics and updated independent kingdom diplomacy to have its own screen dedicated to currency, expanded parts of the game, added a new race called 'ghosts' with their own face generator and added a new area in the north called the animal fight pit which you can attack, takeover, own and destroy!

Now I'm off to work on the big update that should come in the next few days, the Inter-faction relations update!! wish me luck!

- Added 304'128'000 new troll faces
- Added critical hits to arena
- Added Faces for Faradal and Phenor (view in diplomacy)
- Added Human Faces (622'941'580'800) (622 billion new faces)
- Fixed Scorpion pit gold never resetting
- Added Random Scorpion gold setter
- Added Animal fight pit to the wild north
- Added Random Currency Graphics
- Modified the random currency generator to include the graphics
- Fixed scorpion pit having no starter gold
- Added new currency screen in independent diplomacy
- Fixed invincible and mini race condition name spacing
- Added lots of new currency names
- Added 30+ lich names
- Marked all non-coded locations in the explore as (Not yet coded)
- Added Ghost Race to the Game
- Added Ghost Face Generator to generators
- Added music settings saved externally
- Fixed Text-bug in magic theatre income report
- Added Ability to destroy Animal fight pit
- Added ability to upgrade animal fight pit

[Randomly Generated Currencies](http://i.imgur.com/3sqCPSb.png)

[Kingdom Currency Screen](http://i.imgur.com/ktMvng9.png)

[Today's Video](https://youtu.be/jHhI719YVdU)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 07:32:48 pm »

*Reserved*

So far looks good bookmarking it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 07:49:23 pm »

Bandits killed my peasants.  Annihilated them next turn.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19