Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Arcen Game's AI War II. Take 2.  (Read 11124 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [Kickstarter] Arcen Game's AI War II. Take 2.
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2016, 04:25:30 pm »

I had not heard that adding new KS tiers costs money. Like, from anywhere. Costs potential funding, perhaps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »

I had not heard that adding new KS tiers costs money. Like, from anywhere. Costs potential funding, perhaps.

That's where he's coming from. He's assuming that all 500 of the new backers at the $16 tier would have comfortably backed at the $20 tier, causing a "loss" of $4*500=$2000.

Not even gonna start in on why that's not how things work.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2016, 04:56:51 pm »

Lol sure. Good argument there, not even gonna detail why.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2016, 08:06:38 pm »

I'm not even going to post in the thread to call you folks silly.
Oh wait.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2016, 09:47:00 am »

Lol sure. Good argument there, not even gonna detail why.
... detailing shouldn't be necessary. This whole tangent was started because someone (me) wouldn't have backed at 20 if they couldn't back at 16. They didn't lose $4 in this case, they kept from losing $16, or gained however much over the eventual sale that would have enticed me. And, y'know. I'm not exactly some kind of freak of nature, just someone on a tight enough budget the difference makes a difference. If you want break even points, it'd take a bit over a fifth (125) of that five hundred being in similar positions to completely offset the entire potential "loss" of that 2k from losing 500 instances of 4 bucks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2016, 10:12:10 am »

I don't get what you're saying - are you complaining that you spent more money than you had to, as they opened up a cheaper tier?

Cause like, no one is making you spend money on anything. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2016, 10:20:47 am »

... who's that you aimed at? If it's at me, I'm not complaining at all at this point. Just expanding on what X said.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2017, 12:32:23 pm »

Some interesting technical stuff, if anyone wants to read it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2017, 10:38:06 am »

Better part of a year since the last post, but I figure just in case anyone else that backed didn't notice it, folks might be interested to be reminded this thing exists and beta/pre-public testing keys went out at the end of the october. Just checked my email for the first time a month or so and saw the message from 'em, heh.

No clue how anything it is. Downloading now, but it'll probably be a bit before I can really look at it (and I can't recall if there's some kind of NDA involved or not, heh). Email said what's there is basically tech-demo level, though, with more game-y stuff to be coming over the next few months. Still, there's now a thing that's thing'd, rather than just videos or messages or whatev'.

E: ehehe it's definitely a dev build, yes. UI's kinda' sketchy in places, sorta' looks like some of the art assets aren't entirely in, plenty seems initially more opaque numbers wise than AW1. Going to need to plug in a mouse to do much beyond looking around a bit. Kinda' surprised it runs at all on my comp, really. At least initially the performance doesn't look much worse than the first one save a heftier RAM burden, though, which is maybe a good sign for us folks with lower end machines.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:08:09 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:54 pm »

Yeah. They gave out the keys on time (because they said they were going to back then), but with a warning that it is not actually in beta yet. Its in 'Make this look/feel like an actual game and less like an alpha' stage, last I'd checked.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2017, 01:11:17 pm »

Aye, the email said pretty explicitly that if you want to play something that's at least as much game as tech demo to wait for the early release/public beta.

That said, it does look like a fair bit of the skeletony bits are in, so if you can stomach very much in dev stuff it probably wouldn't hurt much to go ahead and see what's there, if you have access. Far enough along it looks pretty solid so far as something coming out the other side goes, basically. Though I'd probably guess at least like another... six months to a year? Mid/late quarter 2018-ish. Before a full release, just eyeballing things.
Ask not!
Ask!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2017, 06:22:11 pm »

The game *is* playable, but it definitly isn't pretty.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2018, 03:52:31 pm »

I couldn't find any more recent topics on this, but AI War 2 is now in Early Access on Steam.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2018, 12:21:35 pm »

I learned this yesterday when I received a coupon.

Kind of a weird way to start, if you ask me. "We just put in all of this work and people can buy our shit now. Let's cut the price by a quarter for a few thousand people."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2018, 12:29:49 pm »

They did the coupons for the advertising. The fact you noticed means its probably working.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6