Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Re: Inquisition: Twilight's Twilight Mission 1 conclusion  (Read 17883 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inquisition: Twilight's Twilight (WoD rules)
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 02:33:25 pm »

Matter will go to the coffee shop and chat up the locals.

"Hello! We are from the Inquisition. We hear you have a bit of a vampire problem?

((If being in the Inquisition is supposed to be a secret, just give a general greeting.))

Even if the inquisition isn't secret, this is going to tip off and show your hand to EVERYONE and all the factions in the area. All of them.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 02:38:20 pm »

Matter will go to the coffee shop and chat up the locals.

"Hello! We are from the Inquisition. We hear you have a bit of a vampire problem?

((If being in the Inquisition is supposed to be a secret, just give a general greeting.))

Even if the inquisition isn't secret, this is going to tip off and show your hand to EVERYONE and all the factions in the area. All of them.
In that case, scrap that. Just go to the coffee shop and start some chit-chat  hopefully they'll volunteer the information.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »

You know you're toting an AR-15 unconcealed right? It's technically legal, but will draw attention.

And Trump is anything but subtle. And walking into a school. He could probably smooth talk his way into gaining the confidence of the general public. Probably.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 03:12:58 pm »

Right, forgot this wasn't technically a post-apocalyptic setting, so open-carry firearms aren't really the norm.

Put the AR in my duffel bag for now, but keep the Glock.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 03:26:39 pm »

It's low-modern-gothic.

Spoiler:
Which means Carlisle is also lying about "accidentally" becoming a vampire. He's hiding something. There are no accidental vampire creations in this world. They are all sired by dying with vampire blood in their system.

The vampires follow World of Darkness lore more closely than Steph Meyer Bullshit. There would still be reasons for them to be able to walk in the sun. Like having very low blood potency due to centuries of vegetarianism. Even then it'll be low sunlight, and not the full blast of the mid-day sun.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:33:12 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 10:07:48 pm »

Janeway lounges about in the truck's bed, watching the city go by. She carefully goes over the contents of her "medical" bag, making sure that it's in working order.
"Nice day, huh? Perfect for killing edgy losers."

Think. Who the hell is Carlilse, and why is he a vampire?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 10:57:15 pm »

Donald Trump will head to the highschool, find the most attractive, shiny people, and seduce them.

((Sialia, might you take over for Aigre if he ends up being too busy to update?))

((I'm so going with the seduction action. Here are the pre-turn rolls:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trump gains a gaggle of 9 schoolgirls as groupies.

((Syv, fill in the Trump speeches for me!))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:01:14 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 11:56:10 pm »

((I am laughing uncontrollably right now, and it's nearly one AM, so I'm not quite capable of writing a good speech that's... worthy of Trump.  Will do tomorrow.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 12:00:19 am »

((Heyyyy, my character is a female within 100 feet of trump.
And also has terrible mental attributes. Crap.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 12:34:47 am »

I'll join
Everything but the stats and abilities is done, will be finished tommorow.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:39:48 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 12:35:11 am »

Vincent is with Joe, he'll go to the hospital, see if his medical expertise can be of any help. Walk straight in, make like a visitor who knows where they're going and take a quick peek in each room with an open door as he take makes a lap of the unit.

((Trump is going to win us the game or get us killed. Maybe build a wall between the Quileute land and the rest of Forks. Either way.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 12:38:09 am »

I'll be the muscle, then, you be the brains. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 12:44:32 am »

(( Well, I figured it's a good idea. You thought of it first.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 01:10:01 am »

Stuck in class, and someone else stole the power socket I need for my laptop. Will post when I get home.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 07:53:17 am »

Donald Trump will head to the highschool, find the most attractive, shiny people, and seduce them.

((Sialia, might you take over for Aigre if he ends up being too busy to update?))

((I'm so going with the seduction action. Here are the pre-turn rolls:))

Trump gains a gaggle of 9 schoolgirls as groupies.

((Syv, fill in the Trump speeches for me!))

Donald Trump:

One of the schoolgirls blurt out that there's a certain Bella who was taken by the Cullens who live just down the road from the police station, and that they're all vampires.

Janeway lounges about in the truck's bed, watching the city go by. She carefully goes over the contents of her "medical" bag, making sure that it's in working order.
"Nice day, huh? Perfect for killing edgy losers."

Think.

You roll intelligence and occult for 3 dice, and ponder the mysteries of the universe...  and score no successes. Your mind fills with carnal thoughts as you imagine the mischief that Trump is getting up to with those schoolgirls.

Just go to the coffee shop and start some chit-chat  hopefully they'll volunteer the information.

Put the AR in my duffel bag for now, but keep the Glock.

Matthew Carter walks into a local diner.. his charisma and appearance is high enough that it causes some heads to turn.

He then starts carousing the locals, rolling charisma + empathy for juicy gossip.

And he scores 3 successes.

Some of the locals are worried that yet another spate of animal attacks might drive away tourism. Apparently this has happened before.

Joe will head to the local hospital, making smalltalk with anyone regarding any mysterious injuries and mysterious ailments that have been affecting the local populace.

I'll be the muscle, then, you be the brains. 

Vincent is with Joe, he'll go to the hospital, see if his medical expertise can be of any help. Walk straight in, make like a visitor who knows where they're going and take a quick peek in each room with an open door as he take makes a lap of the unit.

((Trump is going to win us the game or get us killed. Maybe build a wall between the Quileute land and the rest of Forks. Either way.))

Joe starts chatting up nurses while Vincent sneaks about.

Vincent rolls perception + subterfuge to see if he can find anything interesting about the patients. He has no subterfuge however. But he scores 2 successes. Vincent learns that the morgue has victims of "animal attacks", which might be of interest to any hunter.

Vincent's complete lack of subterfuge also catches the attention of a handsome young doctor with Blond Hair wearing a name tag that says "Dr Cullen".

"Can I help you?" He asks politely, yet in a firm and almost confrontational manner. Vincent rolls Perception + Awareness for 1 success. There's something a bit off about this doctor. He is looking a bit pale.

Meanwhile, Joe rolls charisma + Medicine and tries to talk shop with the front desk. He scores 3 successes, and one of the front counter nurses mentions animal attacks, but something's off about the frequency and sheer savageness of the incidents.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:56:18 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16