Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 24 - Year ??? It's over  (Read 20891 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Dominions 4 Round 24 - Year ??? It's over
« on: October 15, 2016, 04:42:44 am »

Game Name: Bay12Round424
Map: Valanis
Mods: Worthy Heroes 5.5
Era: LA
Disciples: Yes

Players and teams
Team 1:
Jilladilla - Agartha
Gigalith - Xibalba

Team 2:
Hatman - Man
Mini - Arcoscephale

Team 3:
Cag - Ulm
Nurir Torir - Ragha

Team 4:
Sean Mirrsen - Bogarus
Cheeetar - Marignon

Special joining rules: For now just state that you are joining and we'll try and form teams as we go along. Nation selection will be decided by, err, I forget the name for this but I'll go ahead and explain the method and if anyone has a name for it we'll go with that.
The reason I'd want this method is due to disciple games sharing the dominion of the pretender nation, so it makes more sense people would wanna pick nations with more synergy, and I wanna encourage that, while keeping the selection process fair.

Lastly, I would like it if we can pick a second admin for the game to handle extending turns and such.

Game settings
Time allowance: 30 H @ start. I am willing to stretch this further as the case may be
Special site frequency: 50
Random event frequency: Common
Story events: Off
Score graphs: On
Hall of Fame: 15
Artifact forging limit : Limited
Thrones: 8 level 1 thrones, take 6 to win the game.
Renaming: Allowed

Research: Standard

Skill level: We're going to likely saddle expert players as much with newer ones, otherwise do mention the skill level. This is a suggestion though, not gonna strictly enforce it, but I'll send out warning prompts. Prolly will try and break up an expert player block. It's absolutely fine if this is your first dominions game however.

Safe Turns: For the first 12 turns don't storm a national capital.

(taking this from the last round)
HELP Section:

Uploading Pretenders

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taking Turns

Troubleshooting:

Offical FAQ:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:57:06 pm by chaoticag »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 24 - Disciples game
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 04:56:34 am »

I'd like to play- I think a Late game might be interesting.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 05:06:24 am »

I'd also like to play. I have no strong preference for which age we'll play, though it might dictate what nation I play, since I don't particularly like LA Pangaea.
Research: Standard preferred, Easy makes the game run too fast and doesn't allow primarily military nations to catch up to magic-focused ones.
Map: I have a particular fondness for the design of Valanis. If we get 8 people again, it's 20 provinces to a player, great for a longer disciples game.

Problem is the map turns out to be hard to find. I have it on my dropbox here, if it's needed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:10:27 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:27:32 am »

Good news is I also have a copy of Valanis lying around. Might as well have it here so I can tally it up, but gonna say late age as a soft preference. I'll count my vote out if it's a tie breaker. Mostly wanna go outside my comfort zone.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 06:11:19 am »

I've wanted to try a disciples game for a while, so I'm in. I vote MA. I'm somewhere around middling skill level, with only one MP game of experience.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 11:05:44 am »

Yeah sure, I think it's about time to join another game (and first non-nationgen one, at that). LA preference.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 01:17:30 pm »

Alright, signed you up. Now, I'm familiar with everyone else's skill level, but how well would you describe how you play?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 02:35:18 pm »

I'll skip out on this one, but I can highly recommend disciples games for learning the game, I basically got to know it by being carried throu one.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 04:09:02 pm »

I'm interested (no particular age preference.) I have never played multiplayer before, but I have started (if not finished) many single player games of dom3 and dom4. Usually the micromanagement gets to me, and there's not an interesting opponent to fight, anyway.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 05:48:54 pm »

I'd like to play if there is room, my preference is LA, or MA in event of a tie. I prefer standard research to easy research in a disciple game - a lot of nations are too powerful or weak if research is slow, but disciple games can get a bit ridiculous already with multiple allied nations setting up different endgame magic, so speeding that up isn't the best IMO.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »

I feel it's about time for me to get into another game of Dom 4, and I'll have plenty of time, so count me in if you'll have me. When it comes to experience, I'm no pro, but I'm fairly good at this (Don't pair me up with a pro)

I would recommend standard research though, someone with a plan can get all their essential spells very quickly if it's set to easy.

For Age selection? It's been a while since I've played LA.... But I don't really mind too much.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 06:01:39 pm »

Alright, set it to standard research, and the game is overwhelmingly in favor of late age. I'll lock in people after I sleep and get back online in 9 or so hours.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 02:46:19 am »

Alright, looks like this about as filled as this is gonna get on this short a notice, though I would also go ahead and say that if any one more player wishes to join, I'd be fine redrawing the teams. So sign ups are not done yet, but here's the tentative team list as of now. Once drafting starts I'll lock down signups though.

Team A:
Cag
Nurir Torir

Team B:
Jilladilla
Gigalith

Team C:
Hatman
-------

Team D:
------
------

The last thing I will need to sort this out is some idea of where mini is skill wise however, mostly to know if he goes with hatman, sean, or cheeetar.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you gonna make Hatman play all by himself? :o

Edit: Oh, I see, you have three people you haven't put on a team yet.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Well, sean and cheeetar aren't listeed anywhere, the issue is I have no idea what mini's skill level is. If they're good, I think I'd pair them with cheeetar or sean, if they're new, it'd be paired with hatman and the other two would be in a team. It was kinda a sign up request so I wouldn't stonewall at a point like this, and I don't wanna be too hasty about getting the game going that I accidentally the good players together.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15