Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Rude Introduction(Creative novel I'm working on)  (Read 762 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Rude Introduction(Creative novel I'm working on)
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:50:55 pm »

Life was Pure:prologue
As some person sat on their front porch, in days of their childhood, he had naught worry; but safety, protection, and a nice life. Untainted by the real world. Vivid memories, almost like a movie reel he could replay every time he wanted to think of the best memories he ever had. Then it came to an abrupt stop when he was a mere child;maybe 5, 6, 7 years old;opening a microwave door. From there on out, things were good;albeit a little dysfunctional and unstable at times, the person he was didn't think of the bad things in life. So for a time, he grew, and as he entered his teenage years, reality followed.
A Strange, Small World
High school was a blast for John, and at the same time a horrible abnormality. People were mean;ruthless;and out for themselves. For John, however, he had to adapt darwinian style. It wasn't about pleasantries and interest anymore. It was drugs, bullying, people fitting in cliques and crowds, fights. All this was new to him, but not to the older ones. He quickly donned a mask and said to himself;"I'll get through this. This is just temporary, right? After high school it's a career, and opportunities. I just have to disguise myself as someone I'm not."

His plan turned out well. Or rather, as well as could be expected. He fit in. He had a tribe, so to speak. Oftentimes they would use John:he carried on however, knowing of his inner moralities and how they sometimes clashed, bringing chaos to his home life, and there adapting to that as well. Almost like a game. Man, did he love video games.

He admired science, the creative arts(even though he didn't do well at them), and everything good in the world. But the toxic atmosphere that was high school soon made it hard to breath. So it consumed him for a time. He hung out with the wrong kids, so to speak. He was used, time and time again. But yet, he carried on and did not let the sickness of the world turn him. Then, a frightful christmas night, something happened, and his view was changed forever.
A Rude Awakening
   So, sometimes he would there to himself, sitting on his bed. "How did things up this way? I feel numb. Desensitied. I was never like this. What a tragedy, he thought. His energy, and all the things he had done and karma he had made, and the things he went through, changed the way he looked at life forever. The world was a cruel, strange place, and it shouldn't be like this. Nevertheless it was.

So he went on;strived to surivive and do his best. Some things, however, ended up out of control. He became emotional, polaroid-istic, when these things happened. Although he could never had done much about it, he had to go on living and realize that sometimes, life throws horrible monstrous things at you. Things you can never control, but so desperately wanted to. Deep inside, it made him angry at himself. Displeased, and often worrying about the things that never meant anything to some stranger down the road. The things that meant everything to him.

One day, it was a morning with heavy rain spattering on the window. "This used to comfort me when I was a child. Ughh, another day" he said to himself. He crawled out of bed and went on, day by day, until everything stopped, and he soon forgot about it;not of his meaning to forget about it, but rather go on with what he had learned and still strive to be blissfull. But they say ignorance is bliss-and this was never one that wanted to be ignorant, or unaware. John didn't have malicious intentions, even though he suffered from thoughts everyday that it was somehow his fault.

Eventually this too, passed, and things were well for a while. He was back to normal-not really, but at least not thinking about things 24/7 and being able to hide whatever remained inside his subconcious. It was comforting, and didn't seem all that bad.

A cruel day came again, and he vomited. Things that shouldn't be there started to pop up around him, yet again, and he knew. "No. Not this. Not again." he thought to himself. But soon he realized there was nothing he could to do stop it. This time around, everything was much realer, and more intensely terrifying. The experiences he had forgotten about:They came back to haunt him. It was melancholy for a while, but it was okay after a couple months. Everything started to end, and his grief began to come back. "What? Your telling me I can't just forget this, this time?" and the answer was a resounding yes. He looked at the scar on his arm, and wondered why it was there. If there was any meaning to it at the end of day, even though everyone told him no.

So he continued. He continued to want to do something about it, but only knew he could do so much. So at the end of the day, he did his best. But maybe even that wasn't enough he told himself.

One day, he finally carried on. The things were still there, and would haunt him, but he would manage to keep it at bay for the time being. "There's nothing I can do now. All I have is technology, and even that won't solve the problem. Some things are just out of my control when it's someone else, and not me" It was real, and it was terrifying. He kept his mask on still, however, because not everyone had the same vulnerable heart he had. so he built a shield of steel around it;to protect him, like any human would. The mask was still on, and as he tried to take it off, like ductape, it hurt everytime he did it. So it was a valiant effort, he told himself. One thing he would have to do for the rest of his life. For once a man said to him; "The roads less traveled are the ones that are better. The greatest gift you will ever has is life, so use it wisely"

(((This is an end to the story for now. I'm gonna be building it up, but it's more of a creative outlet for me.))