Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Update 1.19 - EVEN MORE TILESETS! Dungeon Set, RallyHo and more...  (Read 11551 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Updates every Friday!

::: LINUX ::: ||| ::: MAC :::
::: Current version: V.1.18 - Updated 7th October 2016 - For DF.43.03 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 ::: 1.09 ::: 1.10 ::: 1.11 ::: 1.12 ::: 1.13 ::: 1.14 ::: 1.15 ::: 1.16:::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

BRK Set
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160555.0

32x32, this is an alternative version of the Gemset, used for large resolutions. It's very clear.

Spoiler: Preview (click to show/hide)

AutoRiev
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152432.0

8x8, a smaller set good for small screens or a very large overview of your fort. Comes with its own TWBT overrides too! Screenshots done with the somewhat darkish Jade-theme.

Bisasam
(No link, I only found the set on the wiki without further info)

20x20, a larger, clear ASCII-style set. Older, no TWBT, but still a nice set that deserves more attention.

Fnordset
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158009.0

16x16 ASCII-style set, that surprised me quite a bit. It's partly based on Duerer, using the same symbols and font, yet with a much clearer style. If you like the art of the Duerer set, but feel its a bit noisy/crowded, try this one instead. :)

Previews from the author:
Spoiler: Tavern (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bedroom/Tomb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Library/Temple (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shops/Stores (click to show/hide)

SimpleMood
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144897.0

16x16 ASCII-style set, simple, with bold font and bold icons. Best to use with a colorfull or pastel-colored scheme.

Humble
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150763.0

20x20 set that retains the ASCII look with its own sepia color scheme.

RallyHo!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149172.0

16x16 graphical set with J-RPG style, including tons of creatures sprites that I'm still working on. Full civ-creature sprites are already included, as well as its own color scheme AND its own TWBT overrides. Really nice set with a unique style. :)

Terbert
(no link, taken from a nice reddit poster who found it on the wiki)

7x7 ascii-set with interesting wall design. Mostly added for the novelty-factor of a 7x7 set.

Afro
(no link either, except https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2dy7lo/afros_graphics_pack_13pc_dual_release_edition/)

16x16 spacefox variant with different creatures sprites and some tiles mixed in from other sets. If you like Spacefox, you probably like this one.

Dungeon
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152766.0

24x24 set with... everything!

And another pack of tilesets. Still working on the Masterwork Mod version of the 32x tileset I made. Progress is slow because I'm not getting much feedback. Without user input, I dont know which parts to improve. Hope to finish it for the next mod release. :)

Among those added, I want to mention Dungeon Set and RallyHo! most. They are full graphical tilesets with sprites and a unique style.

I also added tileset-sizes to the GUI, that way you know which ones suit your screen, and more color schemes and TWBT font tilesets. I'm done now with the graphic sets, all that needs to be done is my own. :D

Community feedback: Poll about races still up. :)

Patreon: No new patrons this week.

Cheers,
Meph
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:29:12 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.19 - EVEN MORE TILESETS! Dungeon Set, RallyHo and more...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 07:20:33 pm »

Oh sick, you added RallyHo! That one is one of my favorites because it reminds me of playing Final Fantasy 1 and 2 on the Gameboy when I was little.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 07:25:55 pm »

Hey Meph did you accidentally post the same spoilers for Afro and Dungeon?  they seem exactly the same.

Another thing I noticed how all these spoiler images show the map with a particular set of images.  I always seem to have a different set when I play.  I'm guessing its the TWBT Font.... I use Ishmera because its slim and It keeps my menu from taking over the screen.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 07:30:17 pm »

Ups, thanks for letting me know. I put in DungeonSet screenshots. :) Sorry, with 50 screenshots I mixed some up.

Its the same map, same embark. I used the same save and updated it between taking screenshots.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:35:56 pm »

yeah thats awesome work you do there,  I just knew it was too similar lol
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:35:58 pm »

I think I found a bug.

RallyHo! Tileset causes the game to crash when generating a new world, specifically when it is loading before you choose the parameters, at "Preparing Text Objects..."
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:55:56 am »

Same here too.Pleasse fix

P.S.:Love your mod Meph

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 08:40:44 pm »

I think I found a bug.

RallyHo! Tileset causes the game to crash when generating a new world, specifically when it is loading before you choose the parameters, at "Preparing Text Objects..."

I just tested, the same error does not occur with Dungeon set, making this issue unique to the RallyHo! set.
TAIL SHOOOOES!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 02:35:30 am »

I really like the aesthetic of the Fnord set the most, but swap it out with the menu UI of the simplemood for clear bold text and it'd be perfect entry level ASCII DF without committing to straying too far away from the core game.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 05:50:28 am »

SimpleMood
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144897.0

16x16 ASCII-style set, simple, with bold font and bold icons. Best to use with a colorfull or pastel-colored scheme.

how about adding such tileset discriptions with images into the manual.html at some point. so they are saved somewhere and not lost in the depths of the forum after a few weeks.

maybe add a tab for tilesets (like humans etc) and in there all of them listed (like buildings, items etc) and when clicked it shows description and preview pictures on the right.

edit: gah there is a tab for tilesets already under raw additions... sigh, that is what you get for tired clicking through the manual..
well all the new ones could still be added there at some point.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:52:55 am by Nelia Hawk »

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 04:01:27 am »

Could you please start doing Patreon updates for, well, updates? Last one you did it on was 1.17.

Also, it seems in the program you have BRK listed as 24x24, but on here you say it's 32x32
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:26:14 am by Yinseng »

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 07:22:40 am »

Meph you spoil us with all these tilesets
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 06:17:24 pm »

It looks like it's crashing because it can't find graphics_rallyho_fd_ferric_elves.png, which contains the graphics for ferric elves from fortress defense

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 08:41:59 pm »

Hey! Great job with the mod. Its cool to see how it has changed over the years. I think I found a problem with the phoebus human graphics. All my citizens appear as the thieve tile or peasants tile, despite being only farmers and masons at the very beginning of the game. Just curious if it is me or if its something else.

Thanks

Edit: I even changed to dungeon set and generated a new world and the humans are still a messed up collection of phoebus human tiles. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Edit: And now its working ??? After 3 more regenerated worlds dungeon now works. I hope that stays.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:45:25 am by Stronghammer »

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:27 am »

It looks like it's crashing because it can't find graphics_rallyho_fd_ferric_elves.png, which contains the graphics for ferric elves from fortress defense

So if I copy the elf .png and rename it to that, I can use the pack? I am gonna try that and report back tomorrow.
TAIL SHOOOOES!
Pages: [1] 2